What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 2012/13 Off Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gronk

Staff member
Tony Abbott is pushing ahead with Parental Leave scheme, whereby females will be paid for maternity leave full pay for 26 weeks. This is being paid by taxing the top 3000 companies an extra 1.5%.

These costs will be passed on to the consumer 100% by increasing the cost of goods and services and thereby putting pressure on wages.

Likewise, he will repeal the Carbon Tax (ETS) and fund the same thing (reduction of carbon emmissions) under his Direct Action plan from within consolidated revenue to the tune of $14b.

No wonder he says we can't afford the luxury of optic fibre NBN to each home and will opt to stop it at the end of the street.

I thought that Abbott was all about pulling back the spending and returning to a surplus, yet he seems to be doing the opposite.

It's confusing to me as he can win this election without opening his mouth. Why try and buy votes ? Why doesn't he just ride the wave and STFU ?

Suitman

Post Whore
Am I missing something but when has it ever been common practice to negotiate a penalty for planned sports drug taking? James Hird you lucky bastard. Clearly the AFL and Demetriou in damage control so they can be seen to be being proactive. As corrupt a sport as boxing.

Suity

Am I missing something but when has it ever been common practice to negotiate a penalty for planned sports drug taking? James Hird you lucky bastard. Clearly the AFL and Demetriou in damage control so they can be seen to be being proactive. As corrupt a sport as boxing.

Suity

I think the problem is that that nobody has yet established that the ElephantJuice they took were unambiguously proscribed by ASADA etc. This may happen in the future, of course.

Suitman

Post Whore
I think the problem is that that nobody has yet established that the ElephantJuice they took were unambiguously proscribed by ASADA etc. This may happen in the future, of course.

So why have the AFL handed down penalties? Why did James Hird drop his Supreme Court writ against the AFL? The claims that AD tipped off Essendon (a criminal claim as it was in the hands of the ACC at the time, and still is).
Why is Hird accepting his penalty even though he is still claiming he did nothing wrong.
It's all about protecting the image of their game - a game nobody but a few insignificant states give a f**k about.
Well balanced people those Victorians. They have a chip on both shoulders......

Suity

Nothing that the AFL and Essendon have agreed will stop ASADA from banning any individual that they can establish breached their various codes. But I don't actually think that they have a case against too many individuals....Dank certainly. There's no doubt that it's the usual 'circle the wagons' and make everyone mention 'our great game' every 4 seconds....but I don't know how much they can actually stick on individuals for PED offences...their current penalties are for bringing the (great) game into disrepute (I think).

Suitman

Post Whore
Nothing that the AFL and Essendon have agreed will stop ASADA from banning any individual that they can establish breached their various codes. But I don't actually think that they have a case against too many individuals....Dank certainly. There's no doubt that it's the usual 'circle the wagons' and make everyone mention 'our great game' every 4 seconds....but I don't know how much they can actually stick on individuals for PED offences...their current penalties are for bringing the (great) game into disrepute (I think).

So, I assume the Sharks and Manly will be the same?
I just prefer the way the NRL is handling things.

I would have thought the ACC would be investigating Hird's claims that AD tipped them off. Bet we never hear anything about that again.

Suity

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
So why have the AFL handed down penalties? Why did James Hird drop his Supreme Court writ against the AFL? The claims that AD tipped off Essendon (a criminal claim as it was in the hands of the ACC at the time, and still is).
Why is Hird accepting his penalty even though he is still claiming he did nothing wrong.
It's all about protecting the image of their game - a game nobody but a few insignificant states give a f**k about.
Well balanced people those Victorians. They have a chip on both shoulders......

Suity

He's not, he's been spilling his guts all day, saying he should have done a better job and it all happened on his watch so he accepts full responsibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts