What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Amazing John Morris

snout

First Grade
He is a top bloke and did a bloody good.
John Morris will be pizzes but John Morris will be okay in this game.
May be the best thing for him.

But the world of professional sport is too often results driven.
Supporters complain their team isnt winning and then they complain when the boss takes a hard line to improve those results.
Morris is only the first to go.
If we are top 4 in '22 the actions are justified.

PJ

First Grade
I don't know the ins and outs, but top 4 22 I would be surprised.

Maybe 23 is more realistic.

Nearly anywhere Morris ends up will become my second team. Excludes Stains and Manly. And Melbourne. Also Easts.

snout

First Grade
Dino said all the right things in honouring bombers contribution. But we need ti be better and its now someone elses go.
I was an opponent of bomber getting the job in the first place.
Not enough clout. Not enough experience.
But hes been good.
But lm also very excited about next year

roboshark

Coach
Yeah I like bomber and it was sad hearing his wife calling him in tears saying she heard about him losing his job via our scummy media

But I am also excited about next year. Provided we keep sj and toby. And don't lose BB

bluefox68

Staff member
... it was sad hearing his wife calling him in tears saying she heard about him losing his job via our scummy media
lose BB

BUT - wouldn’t you think if your husband was in such an important meeting, you wouldn’t be looking at FB/Insta etc, but you’d maintain radio silence until he called you?!?

roboshark

Coach
BUT - wouldn’t you think if your husband was in such an important meeting, you wouldn’t be looking at FB/Insta etc, but you’d maintain radio silence until he called you?!?
Yeah not sure how it played out but heard she called him upset. I don't like that

coolumsharkie

Referee
173116762_1822053351305363_3820347926511114906_n.jpg

Tiger Shark

Bench
Well if he only signed on Tuesday then technically no deal had been done.

Thing I dislike most of all this is Bomber not seeing out the year. I get probably why but don’t think it was a big deal if he stayed on. Probably missing something.

Bomber is a good guy, and great with bringing through young players.
His biggest mistake was wanting, and taking, the job in the first place, especially for his first big time job.
It was a poisoned chalice just waiting to implode. He would have been better off letting Dymock take the job and wait in the wings.
Shoulda/woulda/coulda

Well if he only signed on Tuesday then technically no deal had been done.

Thing I dislike most of all this is Bomber not seeing out the year. I get probably why but don’t think it was a big deal if he stayed on. Probably missing something.
Missing is what was said in his meeting with Dino on Tuesday. Did the club say on your bike now or was it John’s call to say look, I’d rather go than stay and help you blokes.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Missing is what was said in his meeting with Dino on Tuesday. Did the club say on your bike now or was it John’s call to say look, I’d rather go than stay and help you blokes.

Yeah hard to know what went on exactly and we probably won’t even know the exact timeline of things.
For the outsiders it looks bad what the Sharks did but no doubt don’t know the whole picture.

This will all go away in a few weeks, especially once we start signing a few blokes.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
I get why the club wanted to move forward and have no problem with that but it sounds like Bomber wanted to see out the year but wasn’t allowed. That is the disappointing part of this for me. It appears that he has been shit on from a great height which he didn’t deserve. Deserved a better finish considering the effort he put in.

Latest posts