What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Ambush

stryker

First Grade
The signings at the time were well received by everybody, including this forum, the fact they turned out bad was unfortunate.
You know as well as I do, that the CEO wont go against the coach (especially the one he just hired), who had as part of his job was to recruit players. Prob why we changed our recruitment system.
You do remember "In Ivan we trust"? He ended up f**king us over, but that was hardly Pascoe's fault at the time.
Only the brain dead among us said that shit.check the record, not everyone was on Ivan’s gay bus.
Pascoe is a weak merkin of a CEO.

stryker

First Grade
During the Pascoe reign of terror;
  • He allowed the shambolic treatment of Farah to fester into full blown media coverage which made the club look weak and unprofessional.
  • He sacked the coach 3 games into the season derailing a whole off season worth of work.
  • He mouthed off in the media trying to strong arm the “big 4” only to have them call his bluff and leave...all except the weakest member who no-one else wanted.
  • He was as giddy as a little girl when he signed Ivan Cleary carrying on like it was a master stroke.
  • He oversaw and green lit Cleary’s “recruitment” of bludgers, misfits, broken down wankers and useless merkins.
  • He mouthed off in the media about Cleary’s defection, only to do nothing and be railroaded.
  • He has been CEO for 5 full seasons of utter failure
  • He lost more players and allowed dirty laundry to be aired publically, again talking tough and doing nothing.
  • He f**ked up the signings of Mitchel and Addo Carr
  • He is overseeing another pisspoor start to a season
  • He looks like unprofessional when on camera
Probably missed a few things but you get the drift.
He has not done well here.

Tiger05

First Grade
Did Pascoe make all those decisions. I thought Pascoe was the one who gave Robbie the contract when he came back ? It sounds more like Pascoe stayed out of picking the team and then did his best to help Robbie out.

Cleary signings were terrible. They f**ked this club up.

He hasn't had a good time but the environment isn't that easy.

stryker

First Grade
Did Pascoe make all those decisions. I thought Pascoe was the one who gave Robbie the contract when he came back ? It sounds more like Pascoe stayed out of picking the team and then did his best to help Robbie out.

The thing with the big 4, with Robbie, with sacking Taylor, with Cleary’s bus, with Cleary's departure, with contracted players departures, with missing key signings.....they were all PR disasters for the club. It is his job to get in front of that.

WA Tiger

Bench

No Cleary gave Farrah his contract when he came back with the help of Benji...Pascoe just went along with it. A bit late though..

Pascoe chose Taylor over Farrah after coming in and making out he was the guy to fix things up between them...that’ll be the day.
Neither of them had any idea how to handle egos in a team. The most ill suited personalities for their positions

WA Tiger

Bench
No Cleary gave Farrah his contract when he came back with the help of Benji...Pascoe just went along with it. A bit late though..

Pascoe chose Taylor over Farrah after coming in and making out he was the guy to fix things up between them...that’ll be the day.
Neither of them had any idea how to handle egos in a team. The most ill suited personalities for their positions
The team is now ego free. Which certainly suits Pascoe and prob Madge as well with Benji gone..The problem is only the great players have real egos.. let’s see if we can win a premiership with a bunch of nice guys Yea right!!

Tiger05

First Grade

I meant the dodgy one where we got busted in the cap. Now that was a f**k up by Pascoe and a joke by the NRL.

macnaz

Staff member
@unforgiven
So are you going to ask the question about $57.50 tickets ?
And about relocating members to the hill while on selling their allocated seated areas for exorbitant prices to the general public ?
Or are you just going to pat them on the back for providing half price pizza.

phenisha

Juniors
t
@unforgiven
And about relocating members to the hill while on selling their allocated seated areas for exorbitant prices to the general public ?
this is a very valid question.

Tiger05

First Grade
@unforgiven

That is ridiculous right.

A lot of the kids of loyal fully ticketed members will be looking at people’s legs for 80 minutes today. Ambushed

They will look longingly across to their normal seats and see yuppies sipping on almond and lentil non dairy thick shakes eating seaweed and beeswax crackers with their backs turned on the game. Ambushed

The yuppies in @sensesmaybenumbed seats will think the minutes silence is for a Central American Porsche designer. Ambushed.

I am close to boycotting the game myself. I may listen to Dr Grande on the YouTube instead, say a few quiet words to Tommy on my own. Not ambushed.

stryker

First Grade
We are pleased to announce the introduction of The Ambush -Show Your Stripes…

The Ambush is a group of Wests Tigers members and fans working in partnership with the Wests Tigers to provide increased membership and fan engagement, game day experiences, events and associated activities throughout the 2021 NRL season.

We aim to create a community of passionate Wests Tigers supporters who can come together and experience an improved and more engaging game day experience for both Home and Away Matches.

Our first event was held in Round 3 at Ashfield Leagues Club for the match against the Knights, there were about 90 people in attendance and activities included a live Q and A with Billy Walters and Shawn Blore, give aways and watching the game against the Knights on the big screen. It was a very successful event and thank you to all those who attended.
165006282_10164740504675214_8071763912811182099_n.jpg

Our second event will be held on Sunday at the Sackville Hotel in Rozelle. Special Guest is Justin Pascoe who will be participating in a live Q & A. Giveaways are a 2021 Jersey and a $100 roarstore voucher.

169134226_10164779660830214_1422817031208489704_n.jpg

So how did this sycophantic circle jerk go today?
Did anyone have the balls to ask Pascoe any tough questions about why this club is so aweful?
Did anyone have the balls to challenge him to do better?
Did any of you give a shit we played that way or were you all too busy sniffing your own farts to notice?
I know you clowns on the west’s tigers forum think you are superior supporters but I think it’s your rose coloured support that has aided the club to become the shitshow embarrassment it is today.
This is a god damned nonsense mate, f**k off.

gallagher

Juniors
So how did this sycophantic circle jerk go today?
Did anyone have the balls to ask Pascoe any tough questions about why this club is so aweful?
Did anyone have the balls to challenge him to do better?
Did any of you give a shit we played that way or were you all too busy sniffing your own farts to notice?
I know you clowns on the west’s tigers forum think you are superior supporters but I think it’s your rose coloured support that has aided the club to become the shitshow embarrassment it is today.
This is a god damned nonsense mate, f**k off.
Totally agree with your views on the club and Pascoe but youre rough on Unforgiven. Theyre only arranging a piss up before games

Totally agree with your views on the club and Pascoe but youre rough on Unforgiven. Theyre only arranging a piss up before games

No disrespect bro but @stryker was holding back and showing a lot of compassion.

I’d say a couple of thousand hard core fans simply walked today.

Using Tommy and a Leichhardt “ unlosable game “ to rip off ticketed members blind was uncalled for.

gallagher

Juniors
No disrespect bro but @stryker was holding back and showing a lot of compassion.

I’d say a couple of thousand hard core fans simply walked today.

Using Tommy and a Leichhardt “ unlosable game “ to rip off ticketed members blind was uncalled for.
I totally agree with the thoughts towards the club. I agree fully, bunch of morons. Unforgiven is just a fan like us though, he's not part of the club. What's the story with the member tickets?

I totally agree with the thoughts towards the club. I agree fully, bunch of morons. Unforgiven is just a fan like us though, he's not part of the club. What's the story with the member tickets?

See @macnaz.

I have no issue with @unforgiven but it’s a tough night to be a Magpie.

I’ve got wt mates meant to call me after the game, yet to hear from them.

Hope @Tigerm is ok. Really tough night for him with all his positivity and promise.
I’ll stand by him because he’s a believer and I respect his faith.

Tigerm

First Grade
See @macnaz.

I have no issue with @unforgiven but it’s a tough night to be a Magpie.

I’ve got wt mates meant to call me after the game, yet to hear from them.

Hope @Tigerm is ok. Really tough night for him with all his positivity and promise.
I’ll stand by him because he’s a believer and I respect his faith.
Hahaha, was a shit game, but it's only R5, so yes, I still think we can salvage the season, it's a long ay to go.

There would be a few players who would be very sheepish to turn up this morning.

A lot of Madge blaming going on, but when do the players take responsibility for their own performances? Most (if not all) are on $300k+ a season, that’s over $5k a week (I would have worked 24/7 for that) and that’s the lower paid blokes, that is big money for anyone, never mind a bunch of kids, don’t think it’s too much to ask them to earn their pay?

Last edited: