What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Annual Christians in football thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Wouldn't be a forum season without this one.

Hit it!

Oh and for added spice.

Reefy loves the Bulldogs.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Nuh but they are surreptitious. Insidious. Covert.

Look for players lacking mongrel.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Ok it's got nothing to do with football at all but check out some of these quotes from my favorite comedian Bill Hicks....

Fundamentalist Christianity - fascinating. These people actually believe that the the world is 12,000 years old. Swear to God. Based on what? I asked them.

"Well we looked at all the people in the Bible and we added 'em up all the way back to Adam and Eve, their ages: 12,000 years."

Well how f**king scientific, okay. I didn't know that you'd gone to so much trouble. That's good. You believe the world's 12,000 years old?

"That's right."

Okay, I got one word to ask you, a one word question, ready?

"Uh-huh."

Dinosaurs.

You know the world is 12,000 years old and dinosaurs existed, they existed in that time, you'd think it would have been mentioned in the f**king Bible at some point.

"And lo Jesus and the disciples walked to Nazareth. But the trail was blocked by a giant brontosaurus... with a splinter in his paw. And O the disciples did run a shriekin': 'What a big f**king lizard, Lord!' But Jesus was unafraid and he took the splinter from the brontosaurus's paw and the big lizard became his friend.

"And Jesus sent him to Scotland where he lived in a loch for O so many years inviting thousands of American tourists to bring their fat f**king families and their fat dollar bills.

"And oh Scotland did praise the Lord. Thank you Lord, thank you Lord. Thank you Lord."

People ask me what I think about that woman priest thing. What, a woman priest? Women priests. Great, great. Now there's priests of both sexes I don't listen to.

Christianity has a built-in defense system: anything that questions a belief, no matter how logical the argument is, is the work of Satan by the very fact that it makes you question a belief. It's a very interesting defense mechanism and the only way to get by it -- and believe me, I was raised Southern Baptist -- is to take massive amounts of mushrooms, sit in a field, and just go, "Show me."

You ever noticed how people who believe in Creationism look really unevolved? You ever noticed that? Eyes real close together, eyebrow ridges, big furry hands and feet. "I believe God created me in one day" Yeah, looks liked He rushed it

A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. You think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a f**king cross? It's like going up to Jackie Onassis wearing a rifle pendant

Ha ha I love it.

redbacks back

Juniors
Im no "bible basher", but seriously mods, if someone was to offend another group in society these types of threads would be deleted. Lets get real!

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
redbacks back said:
Im no "bible basher", but seriously mods, if someone was to offend another group in society these types of threads would be deleted. Lets get real!

Jesus you are gay!!

Frenzy.

Immortal
He's very hostule. Volatule as well. Very easy to get ruled up. No doubt this will bring another puerule response as reddie tries to land another verbal missule. It's all quite facule from his end but if he wants to go the extra mule then so be it.

Fair dinkum I reckon he's as stubborn as a mile. Then again, could just be an IMBECULE!!

coolumsharkie

Referee
Christians/God botherers offend me with their righteous sh*t everytime I've gotta open the door to the f**kers interupting my Sunday breakfast with my family, everytime I turn on the T.V, seeing there sh*t spewing forth on the streets.

Have a closer look next time you see those fools yelling sh*t on the street.

I mean seriously would you want to be saved by them?

redbacks back

Juniors
blacktip-reefy said:
Jesus you are gay!!

Far from it imbecile. Just a lot smarter and mature than you! I might start a thread about imbeciles who frequent the forum, but it would get boring when your name keeps popping up!!!!!!!!!!!

Quigs

Immortal
0-top5.jpg

I'm alright..... I've got protection....

Ive got a bouncing bobbing jesus to accompany me in my worldly travels.

p-jesus.jpg

Go you good thing... and Bob loves him too.

Cheers
Quigs

redbacks back

Juniors
blacktip-reefy said:
I'd like to see this thread. go for it.

No mate, that would put me in your league. My real aim is to get a "playpen" set up, where the young or socially challenged can post to their hearts content. Maybe you could moderate it???

Quigs

Immortal
0-top5.jpg

yeah I've got a log of claims too...

Why did he sell me short, and why did he give me two of them.

I think I've been victimized (check spellun) here.

Cheers
Quigs

Quigs

Immortal
White Poiner said:
"I believe God created me in one day" Yeah, looks liked He rushed it

bwahahahahahahahahaha!

And he gave you a flat head in your avatar too.

ragin

Juniors
Is that your best BTR....

You guys start these silly threads in a footy forum and you don't stop to think some of us might get offended. But now i expect you guys to blast me with you beliefs and foolish comments. Just like you guys have your beliefs (none) i do too. So let the thread go.

Inferno

Coach
ragin said:
Did u know the bible has never been proved wrong by scientists???

I was going to stay out of this debate, but what the hell.

Did you know that according to the Bible Heaven is actually hotter than hell?

Its complicated but this page explains all.

http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/~pbourke/fun/heaven/

It is possible to make an accurate computation of the temperature of Heaven using a physical law called Stephens Law? This follows from data available in the bible. Isiah 30:28 reads:
"Moreover the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of seven days." Thus heaven receives from the moon as much radiation as we do from the sun and in addition seven times seven (ie: 49 times) as much as earth does from the sun. This gives 50 times in all !
This radiation falling on heaven heats it to the point where the heat loss by re-radiation
heaven2.gif
just equals the heat received by radiation. So from Stephens 4'th power law we have
heaven1.gif
Taking T (the absolute temperature of earth) as 300K, we obtain a temperature of 798K, or about 525 Celcius.
It is tempting to compare this unexpectedly warm temperature with that of Hell. Although we cannot be exact about the temperature of hell, we can conclude an upper limit. Revelations 21:8 reads :
" But the fearful and unbelieving ... shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone." The boiling point of brimstone (sulphur) is 444.6 degrees C, which means that the temperature of such an eternal lake must be less than 444.6 degrees C (otherwise if would evaporate).
Therefore, as 444.6 is much less than 525.0, we are forced to conclude, by Physical and Biblical data, that:
Heaven is hotter than Hell!

Status
Not open for further replies.