What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The answer to expansion is in perth..

Pippen94

First Grade
20th afl team will be in Perth. That sport is trying replicate saturation of Melbourne in it's own competition & also Sydney in NRL. This approach maximizes viewership in markets which watch sport & is seen as financially safe option as bids build around rich existing clubs. Clearly, lessons from gws & suns failed expansion have been learnt.
Actually, NRL has understood this steering clear of non heartland areas since superleague.
Next NRL team will be in south Brisbane

macca_saint

Juniors
I’m not even sure a 20th team in the AFL would be in Perth. From what I’ve read, the WAFL aren’t interested in it and there is little to no desire amongst the fans in Perth for a 3rd team. It could end up in Canberra but GWS are trying to make that region their own anyway. The AFL have almost hit saturation point now for club coverage in Australia.

Pneuma

First Grade
I’m not even sure a 20th team in the AFL would be in Perth. From what I’ve read, the WAFL aren’t interested in it and there is little to no desire amongst the fans in Perth for a 3rd team. It could end up in Canberra but GWS are trying to make that region their own anyway. The AFL have almost hit saturation point now for club coverage in Australia.
They may not have a 19th club now after events down here in the past few days

Perth Red

Post Whore
When the wafc, who earn millions of $’s from the afl licenses, say it would be disaster and isnt needed then you can bet your house it won’t be in perth Unless they want to wait another decade or so.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Ok for the last time, last year dockers achieved $17.8mill in corporate sales. A perth nrl club should be aiming to achieve $10mill. Some NRL clubs are profitable on $6-7million corporate sales. Can’t make it any clearer than that.

Latest posts