What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Art Of Class War - The Monthly Article

taipan

Referee
Wilson and Underwood are full of shit about fumbleball making inroads in Queensland just because the Donkeys are getting what they deserve. I wouldn’t have a clue where the Brissie Bears are on the AwFuL ladder as I don't give 2 shits about fumbleball. I doubt I am the only one who thinks like this. When the fumbleflag is played at the Gabba this year I will be doing what I do every year: not watching fumbleball and singing because the stupid game is coming to an end for another 6 months.

Wilson and Underwood are certainly full of something.
When they play the fumbleball G/F at the Gabba, do what we all do go to Bunnings for the bangers.That's the excuse their fans use if any of their crowds are down.
The other one of course, in China, their fans are all in marquees ,not in teh stands..

mongoose

Coach
Wilson and Underwood are full of shit about fumbleball making inroads in Queensland just because the Donkeys are getting what they deserve. I wouldn’t have a clue where the Brissie Bears are on the AwFuL ladder as I don't give 2 shits about fumbleball. I doubt I am the only one who thinks like this. When the fumbleflag is played at the Gabba this year I will be doing what I do every year: not watching fumbleball and singing because the stupid game is coming to an end for another 6 months.

AFL is slowly strangling League in this country and it's got everyone on it's side to do so. You're right that AFL is a terrible unexciting sport though, League should be wiping the floor with it. Sadly the powers that be want League to shrink and become a minor sport shown only on a foxtel channel with a dwindling audience just like RU. I have grave fears for this sport and V'landys doesn't fill me with any confidence.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Look mate you're quite happy to cite sources including News and SMH, it can be argued they are uncorroborated as are your comments ,as are mine.
Any code worth its salt seeks to take advantage of a code, when teams are struggling,facing financiaily issues, having revolutions aka SL.Businees does it like Qantas v Virgin.

No I don't find it surprising. The aim of any code pushing into new territory is to tread warily, not get the majority offsides you are there to offer an alternative for people who like many codes, or for your small base of supporters.
Just like the Storm did and continues to do.The difference is their competitions teams are not all up to sh*t and the NRL is not playing a G/F in Melbourne with the Storm.
You need to have looked at the Offsider's on a regular basis ,where Underwood and Wilson have been pushing the free space with Qld Nrl clubs up sh*t street..
When the Swans first came to Sydney before you were here,they used the"we're not here to compete",just to offer AFL supporters a game, and a choice for others.
No one comes in openly and says 'we're f.....g taking over this here town.

Again the only people writing “afl is taking over qlnd” was nrl journos. Hmmm.

taipan

Referee
Again the only people writing “afl is taking over qlnd” was nrl journos. Hmmm.

The only Premier who allows 400 official people from that code in easily, whilst others with genuine issues have to beg borrow and steal can't .
Or who is at the Gabba lavishing praise all around whilst announcing the G/F will be played there, and that her Govt will be providing financial backing (in confidence)to ensuring growing the game at grassroots throughout all of Qld..
Not an NRL journo in sight ...hmmmmmm!!!!

Imagine Andrews doing something similar in Melbourne for rugby league, announcing it at the MCG.LOL.

As if AFL and their journos are going to sprout we're taking over openly, are you that naive?
Is Vlad, Abdo et al going to SA for the SOO and state we are playing here ,because we want to make big inroads into that State?

But you like to quote journos whether they be NRL from either print (SMH/News)or electronic media, when it suits your agenda.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Like I said it’s only nrl jpurnos writing it, you’d think they’d be talking the nrl up in qlnd, or at best ignoring afl, rather than creating click bait that once again make nrl look inferior. Your right though you’d never see it happen in an afl state lol. Could you imagine a melbourne paper or afl show talking about nrls plan to take over Victoria because they’re playing Origin there? Ludicrous.
As for the rest, well yes the WA premier announced SOO in front of Optus stadium and talked about supporting RL in WA (Shame Vlad fcked that up!) so hardly a unique situation in Brisbane.

Last edited:
AFL is slowly strangling League in this country and it's got everyone on it's side to do so. You're right that AFL is a terrible unexciting sport though, League should be wiping the floor with it. Sadly the powers that be want League to shrink and become a minor sport shown only on a foxtel channel with a dwindling audience just like RU. I have grave fears for this sport and V'landys doesn't fill me with any confidence.
AFL is the RFU of Australian sport. It is in bed with the establishment, courtesy of its origin in Melbourne. RL is the game that rebelled against the establishment. The powers that be will never give us a fair go.

Wilson and Underwood are certainly full of something.
When they play the fumbleball G/F at the Gabba, do what we all do go to Bunnings for the bangers.That's the excuse their fans use if any of their crowds are down.
The other one of course, in China, their fans are all in marquees ,not in teh stands..
It would be funny if a large group of protesters stood outside the Gabba while the fumbleflag is on with signs that say, "I'm voting Palaszczuk OUT for bringing this shit here".

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
One thing we could do (that AFL have done with the Brisbane GF) as we shop Origin around the country is tying some sort of funding for grass roots in that city even if it meant a little less cash. Awarding Melbourne, Perth or Adelaide Origin in exchange for cash both direct to the NRL and Government funds to support grass roots development in those states.

Perth Red

Post Whore
One thing we could do (that AFL have done with the Brisbane GF) as we shop Origin around the country is tying some sort of funding for grass roots in that city even if it meant a little less cash. Awarding Melbourne, Perth or Adelaide Origin in exchange for cash both direct to the NRL and Government funds to support grass roots development in those states.

That would be far too logical!
NRL just wants the cash, then drip feeds a sliver of it back to the states. They would have made enough profit out of Perth Origin to double the NRLWA funding for the next 10 years.

taipan

Referee
Like I said it’s only nrl jpurnos writing it, you’d think they’d be talking the nrl up in qlnd, or at best ignoring afl, rather than creating click bait that once again make nrl look inferior. Your right though you’d never see it happen in an afl state lol. Could you imagine a melbourne paper or afl show talking about nrls plan to take over Victoria because they’re playing Origin there? Ludicrous.
As for the rest, well yes the WA premier announced SOO in front of Optus stadium and talked about supporting RL in WA (Shame Vlad fcked that up!) so hardly a unique situation in Brisbane.

Well Vlad is talking rugby league up in Qld, and you think he's a nuthink. Ironic huh!

As if AFL journos would be writing it LOL, they tend to obey their AFL overlords not to rock the boat. You don't tell your competitor your plans about domination of them.
Peter Badel responded to Underwood and Wilson on the Offsiders a couple of weeks back, and I heard him plain as day" No I don't think the AFL will take over the NRL in Qld, remembering years ago the Lions won a couple on the trot and the world got back to normal there."
And Badel was one of the journos who has since mentioned the data base access.Why do that, if one minute he's OK with it?

The Media in Melbourne barely gives the NRL or indeed the Storm the time of day ,compared to the space the Brisbane media gives to AFL.So with due respect your Melbourne paper ofrAFL show example ,is p*sss poor.
Although if they found the NRL was trying to access data bases of their club memberships, the media would be even more protective of their "religion".Eddie Everywhere would be out of his tree.

Saw enough and heard enough of their crap when the Storm first came to town.

Yeah it's a crying shame COVID-19 intervened how f...in inconvenient, when NRL clubs, players, admin and staff are having to take pay cuts, and play in 1/4 full stadiums. But, but, it's all about WA, no one else exists in your mind.
We have a game that barely survived the pandemic, and needs to consolidate and all you continually bang on about is WA and the wicked Vlad.I personally don't give a low flying f*rt, who is in charge of the NRL, we survived with out hitting a Loan ,thanks to a number of people from Vlad, his admin down to the players and families.
If we hadn't not only would a swag of NRL teams be out on the a*ses, but the chance of a WA team getting in would be as likely as me scoring a one on one with Liz Hurley.

Shame your mob helped f*ck up the game in 95 with SL acceptance.And we still never fully recovered.Maybe money would be there to assist WA ,we'll never know.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Back to the topic , can rugby league ever shed its working class label? How can it go about it? We know it’s not about money, the games been awash with it, so apart from getting into private schools and more university comps what else can be done? Would getting more high profile ambassadors for the game help, maybe more blue chip sponsors or getting the game into the Olympics?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Well Vlad is talking rugby league up in Qld, and you think he's a nuthink. Ironic huh!

As if AFL journos would be writing it LOL, they tend to obey their AFL overlords not to rock the boat. You don't tell your competitor your plans about domination of them.
Peter Badel responded to Underwood and Wilson on the Offsiders a couple of weeks back, and I heard him plain as day" No I don't think the AFL will take over the NRL in Qld, remembering years ago the Lions won a couple on the trot and the world got back to normal there."
And Badel was one of the journos who has since mentioned the data base access.Why do that, if one minute he's OK with it?

The Media in Melbourne barely gives the NRL or indeed the Storm the time of day ,compared to the space the Brisbane media gives to AFL.So with due respect your Melbourne paper ofrAFL show example ,is p*sss poor.
Although if they found the NRL was trying to access data bases of their club memberships, the media would be even more protective of their "religion".Eddie Everywhere would be out of his tree.

Saw enough and heard enough of their crap when the Storm first came to town.

Yeah it's a crying shame COVID-19 intervened how f...in inconvenient, when NRL clubs, players, admin and staff are having to take pay cuts, and play in 1/4 full stadiums. But, but, it's all about WA, no one else exists in your mind.
We have a game that barely survived the pandemic, and needs to consolidate and all you continually bang on about is WA and the wicked Vlad.I personally don't give a low flying f*rt, who is in charge of the NRL, we survived with out hitting a Loan ,thanks to a number of people from Vlad, his admin down to the players and families.
If we hadn't not only would a swag of NRL teams be out on the a*ses, but the chance of a WA team getting in would be as likely as me scoring a one on one with Liz Hurley.

Shame your mob helped f*ck up the game in 95 with SL acceptance.And we still never fully recovered.Maybe money would be there to assist WA ,we'll never know.

Nice rant, I’d give it a 6 out of 10, maybe a 7 for harking back to SL lol.

taipan

Referee
Nice rant, I’d give it a 6 out of 10, maybe a 7 for harking back to SL lol.

Knew you couldn't handle the facts .Who gives a left one, what your point system is.
Deflecting from SL is always your out.Guilt does that.

BTW Vlad says hi and thanks you for your devoted support both to him and the game.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Back to the topic , can rugby league ever shed its working class label? How can it go about it? We know it’s not about money, the games been awash with it, so apart from getting into private schools and more university comps what else can be done? Would getting more high profile ambassadors for the game help, maybe more blue chip sponsors or getting the game into the Olympics?

One way is via the media, now the Vlandys and News Ltd are partners if the media stop attacking league and turn their attention to the under side of AFL which is way seeder then league it would sway sponsors our way.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Knew you couldn't handle the facts .Who gives a left one, what your point system is.
Deflecting from SL is always your out.Guilt does that.

BTW Vlad says hi and thanks you for your devoted support both to him and the game.

Ok, I’ll play. Why would I be guilty about SL? I wasn’t even in the country in 1997. There’s some ironic sht about a sharks fan having a go at any club for defecting to SL lol.

One way is via the media, now the Vlandys and News Ltd are partners if the media stop attacking league and turn their attention to the under side of AFL which is way seeder then league it would sway sponsors our way.
I cannot see high-end sponsors with strong ties to the upper class giving us the time of day. They're narrow-minded bigots who view RL as a game for the underprivileged people they despise.

taipan

Referee
Ok, I’ll play. Why would I be guilty about SL? I wasn’t even in the country in 1997. There’s some ironic sht about a sharks fan having a go at any club for defecting to SL lol.

No need to play ,your whining takes up too much of your time.
You are the one who complains incessantly about NRL H/O, because your club rightly or wrongly supposedly gets a "raw deal."
You bitch on about the NRL not doing this or that ,yet the code had around $25m in the bank prior to SL.That money could well have sustained extra teams before now including Perth.We had in fact more money then, than your beloved AFL.

I knew you'd come in with the irony gig LOL.
The difference between you and me, and I have stated many times my club was foolish to go to SL(but ATT it saved the club having attended the meeting),I don't spend my time bagging NRL admin without offering a solution as you do.
Your club didn't need saving, it was invited in to a comp with open arms.You told the hosts to shove it, because Rupert offered the green stuff.In fact the rl admin ATT had the Sharks in line for relocation.Go figure.

In addition my club had been in the comp for 28 years then, not a few months like your mob invited to a party then told the host to f... off. That's not excusing the act, that's the grim reality.

And I understand that the draining of our financial resources in 1995 put us in the continuing predicament the code has faced since, whereas you simply don't.And I appreciate the fact the NRL have been lenient at times with the Sharks despite sum dumb acts by management and players.

You criticise the NRL without offering solutions.The NRL at times deserves to be criticised, to suggest otherwise is fantasy land stuff.You even contradict your own criticism,seg with Greenberg.
The trouble is you criticise at times because you have a dislike for.....,because it's all about your club(and we have a fair idea of your agenda),you offer nothing in practical or financial solutions, and boot licking a certain code is not a solution .You're a naysayer who can't see the sunshine on a summer's day.
Have a nice day,I'll try my best to enjoy it.

taipan

Referee

I actually agree with that point.News via the likes of the Slothfields,Hoopers et al scandalise every small act a player might get into.They still have not responded to Gil McLachlan.s view that it's OK for an AFL club to pay off a sexual assault complainant.
De Goey an AFL player continues to play ,despite being under allegations of this nature.
News via Murdoch cost rugby league the $25m cash reserves it had in the Bank in 95. I have little time for News and not much more for the SMH when they let FitzSimons bag rugby league continually.

Latest posts