What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Bell Try

Parrasque

Juniors
It was a clear knock on and he didn't even want to go to the video ref. Simpkons can't be risked through the finals series, he must be cut.

A mistake like that could cost a team a premiership.

What would of happened if the Storm had won by a try? That would be all we would hear about in the news.

Decisions like that, can't be missed.

Hari Kari

Juniors
Physique said:
It was a clear knock on and he didn't even want to go to the video ref. Simpkons can't be risked through the finals series, he must be cut.

A mistake like that could cost a team a premiership.

What would of happened if the Storm had won by a try? That would be all we would hear about in the news.

Decisions like that, can't be missed.

he obviously awarded it on what he assumed happened which is dumb.

if a ref doesn't see the grounding he should go upstairs, especially in sudden death games.

Panthers_God

Juniors
I hate Simpkins so much. All season he has been rubbish but somehow ends us refereeing in finals and state of origins. Something has to be done!

t-ba

Post Whore
Hari Kari said:

if a ref doesn't see the grounding he should go upstairs, especially in sudden death games.

Problem-If refs start going upstairs for every grounding they don't see, we'll never hear the end of the b*tching about overuse of the video ref!

I'm not defending the decision, But Referees are damned if the do, damned if they don't and recieve pretty sh*t pay to boot. There needs to be more incentive to be a referee and they all Need to be fulltime!

Hari Kari

Juniors
t-ba said:
Problem-If refs start going upstairs for every grounding they don't see, we'll never hear the end of the b*tching about overuse of the video ref!

I'm not defending the decision, But Referees are damned if the do, damned if they don't and recieve pretty sh*t pay to boot. There needs to be more incentive to be a referee and they all Need to be fulltime!

yeah well, people will always bitch about refs no matter what, main thing is they get it right, use all the tools they have available and they'll get it right more often.

he's certainly damned for don't this time.

Eelectrica

Referee
I didn't mind the use of Video replay tonight. It was the only way channel 9 would show replays of the tries.

innsaneink

Referee
Hari Kari said:

The worrying thing is he was right in front of it, 2-3 feet away, no obstruction yet he still 'thought ' it was a try.
Gotta admit from the angle of the camera in the stand, it looked clearcut, I could understand if there was a player in front of him.....but there wasnt.
Like to know what else he "sees" through out the game.

Clark Mander next week.

junior009

Juniors
t-ba said:

Never a truer word spoken!!!

White Poiner

Coach
Shockin decision, should be sacked for the rest of the finals.

But the positive was that there was no harm done

Jordan

Juniors
The Cowboys hate Simpkins, and Simpkins hates the Cowboys. I have no idea how he didn't see that was a knock-on. I pray to god Simpkins will not be refereeing the game next sunday. :pray:

manlysucks

Juniors
On the topic of bad decisions, how was the Inglis try a No Try. I don't support either side, but there is no way that could have been a no try. In the rules it is a knock on if the ball propels forwards amd hits the ground or another player. It did neither of those, so my assumption is that the video ref thought it was a forward pass. Which he can't rule on!!!

Can someone shed some light?

nqboy

First Grade
t-ba said:

I'm always amused by these fulltime ref suggestions. What's their career path? The reffing might feed them for 10 years, what do they do then? What do they do when they're too old to ref? Why should we keep paying them when they're dropped for poor form or getting a decision wrong like last night?