What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Best Things About Rugby League

Old Timer

Coach
It is so easy to get caught up in all the negatives and the press have a lot to answer for in respect of that and ultimately we can easily overlook the best things about our code.

This thread is for people to post the positives of which there are many and I'm postingg about a team that I will very much like to get out and watch as they reflect a spirit that is truly wonderful.

I hope the link opens but if not google it and it will; no doubt move even the most hardened of us.

Fiji Silktails rugby team sings beautiful song to say thanks for ...
7news.com.au › sport › rugby-league › fijian-rugby-lea...

ALSGI

Bench
It is so easy to get caught up in all the negatives and the press have a lot to answer for in respect of that and ultimately we can easily overlook the best things about our code.

This thread is for people to post the positives of which there are many and I'm postingg about a team that I will very much like to get out and watch as they reflect a spirit that is truly wonderful.

I hope the link opens but if not google it and it will; no doubt move even the most hardened of us.

Fiji Silktails rugby team sings beautiful song to say thanks for ...
7news.com.au › sport › rugby-league › fijian-rugby-lea...
Awesome, really beautiful.
Thanks for sharing OT.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Fantastic........reminds me of the Welsh when they are in full voice at their Union matches....thanks for sharing ol mate.....and whilst on here will take the opportunity to wish everyone a belated Happy New Year and good wishes for the coming footy season.....Im back and hopefully will contribute to this wonderful forum...cheers

Gareth67

First Grade
Rugby League to me is St.George Illawarra and the club’s emblem , the crowds uniting as one at the game and feeling over the moon after beating a more fancied rival and if there is a loss saying to another supporter “ well there’s alway next week “ .

Dragon David

First Grade
Thanks O/T. So tuneful and good harmonising by the guys from Fiji.

The best things about rugby league are the mateships of the players within and outside of their respective clubs and the entertainment the games provides to the public during the winter months.

As Dragons supporters we love to rejoice the wins and this year we will be winning many.

kit66

Bench
  • I played it as a kid and left with some great mates and great memories.
  • I've been to many, many 1st grade games and worn my heart on my sleeve, screamed my lungs out and heartily hurled abuse at people who are probably really nice but just happen to wear the wrong jersey with thousands of like-minded folk. Where else could you carry on like that, ( OK some churches maybe but not my cup of tea ).
  • I went to school a stones throw from Jubilee oval, the home ground of the team I love and even though I now live a thousand miles away I can still follow the Red V from the comfort of my own lounge room. My poor missus.
  • I get to rave on and post my armchair expert opinions with fellow fans online.
  • I miss it heaps when it's not on, as much as missing a friend or family ( although this place and NRL.com's library of past games helps ).
  • I've savoured the victory of a few Grand Finals and goddam that's close to the best feeling ever.
  • It's the best sport in the World no contest.

Last edited:

blacksafake

First Grade
  • I played it as a kid and left with some great mates and great memories.
  • I've been to many, many 1st grade games and worn my heart on my sleeve, screamed my lungs out and heartily hurled abuse at people who are probably really nice but just happen to wear the wrong jersey with thousands of like-minded folk. Where else could you carry on like that, ( OK some churches maybe but not my cup of tea ).
  • I went to school a stones throw from Jubilee oval, the home ground of the team I love and even though I now live a thousand miles away I can still follow the Red V from the comfort of my own lounge room. My poor missus.
  • I get to rave on and post my armchair expert opinions with fellow fans online.
  • I miss it heaps when it's not on, as much as missing a friend or family ( although this place and NRL.com's library of past games helps ).
  • I've savoured the victory of a few Grand Finals and goddam that's close to the best feeling ever.
  • It's the best sport in the World no contest.
I reckon you speak for a lot of us supporters kit66 :thumbsup:

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I like the unpredictability. There use to be more of it than there is now, but you get to see something out of the ordinary every now and then whether it be a type of play by a team leading up to a try or individual brilliance.

Latest posts