What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Big One - Eels Game

Owen Da Saints

Juniors
What's changed since last weeks desaster and the desaster of the week before that? The inclusion of Scott?

There needs to be wholesale changes to lift this team and the game against the Eels would have been the ideal time to make these changes. The team selected:

1. Brett Morris - replace with Goodwin
2. Daniel Vidot - back to the cutters replace with Morris
3. Kyle Stanley - replace with C Stanley
4. Matt Cooper
5. Jason Nightingale
6. Jamie Soward
7. Ben Hornby - share with K Stanley
8. Dan Hunt
9. Mitch Rein
10. Jeremy Latimore
11. Beau Scott
12. Ben Creagh
13. Dean Young - swap with De Belin
Interchange:

14. Cameron King
15. Leeson Ah Mau
16. Trent Merrin
17. Jack De Belin - Young

18. Atelea Vea
19. Chase Stanley
20. Jake Marketo

Price should get serious about addressing poor performacne.
Vidot is not up to first grade standard and should be replaced by Morris restoring the left hand attack.

Hornby is not up to it anymore and so we need to test K Stanley's claims to the halfback position. Time share with Hornby would be the polically correct way to do this.

Chase Stanley needs to show that he is the answer to our right centre problem.

De Belin should start at lock with Young coming on once things settle down.

I think this would be a good, solid team.
But I'd like to see vidot in the centres, and tryout K.Stanley in the halves. (Not sure what to do with Hornby. I guess i'm thinking more about the future !)
I would narrow the bench down to
King
Merrin
Young
Marketo

Bring back choc

Juniors
Just Watching souths tonight it's scary some of their players... We couldn't compete with inglis, Taylor, burgess all playing together. Just proves we really have very little strike power up front... Very very little.

Bring back choc

Juniors
And yes they lose Taylor.. But they sign teo and lima.
We lose Scott, smith, costigan, boyd, gasnier...
And we sign Beale, frizzel...
Wow

grouch

First Grade
Perhaps you should switch clubs and go support Souths. There are plenty of methadone clinics around Redfern you'd fit right into

64 Dragon

Coach
And yes they lose Taylor.. But they sign teo and lima.
We lose Scott, smith, costigan, boyd, gasnier...
And we sign Beale, frizzel...
Wow

You obviously want instant gratification, but it's not going to happen. The club is obviously relying on our young guys coming through and being successful.

The shelves in the high profile player supermarket seem to be empty this year, unless you want Sonny Bill.

hardbaby

Coach
Bit rough Marketo missing out (and it looks likely that he will).
Every time he plays he looks the goods.
And I think he is off contract.
Show some faith Pricey.

64 Dragon

Coach
Id select marketo before Scott...future over traitors.

No offence, but Scott is not a traitor. If he is, that means Soward, Smith, Costigan, Boyd, Vidot, Beale etc. are also, as they are leaving or left their teams to come to us. Or is it different for one of our own.

Scott is going where the money is because he does it for money, like most of the others. If we can't match or better what he wants good luck to him.

redvwhite

Juniors
If we can't match or better what he wants good luck to him.

How is it possible that we can't match it? There is a truckload of cap space. Blind Fred and his dead dog can see that. Price wanted to keep Scott but Scott wanted to go to Bennett. Simple. No dragons heart.

Now price should continue to play, and resign the likes of Marketo should they have the goods.

Marketo before Scott any day.

Bring back choc

Juniors
No offence, but Scott is not a traitor. If he is, that means Soward, Smith, Costigan, Boyd, Vidot, Beale etc. are also, as they are leaving or left their teams to come to us. Or is it different for one of our own.

Scott is going where the money is because he does it for money, like most of the others. If we can't match or better what he wants good luck to him.

It all comes back to inept management, coaching and recruitment.
It's so obvious our top line players are long in the tooth and our your blokes are still too raw. The gap is too great. That's the problem.

People can't have a go at me for being disillusioned with what's goin on.
It's a great great shame where we are on the ladder with -24 for and against. Honestly reminds me of the bad ol days.

Doust has farked this right up

Bring back choc

Juniors
How is it possible that we can't match it? There is a truckload of cap space. Blind Fred and his dead dog can see that. Price wanted to keep Scott but Scott wanted to go to Bennett. Simple. No dragons heart.

Now price should continue to play, and resign the likes of Marketo should they have the goods.

Marketo before Scott any day.

He should play for prior. Scott on the field gives our other blokes more confidence. People keep forgetting the effect of "more name players" on the field

Efresh

Coach
Back on topic, am I the only who thinks it a little sad that a game against the team running dead last is being billed as The Big One in the thread title?

Bring back choc

Juniors
Back on topic, am I the only who thinks it a little sad that a game against the team running dead last is being billed as The Big One in the thread title?

Haha yep.. Very sad. But very true. We should be on 14 points and sitting pretty. But the comp is so close now that this game and next week are MUST wins IMO.
Absolutely essential

Efresh

Coach
Haha yep.. Very sad. But very true. We should be on 14 points and sitting pretty. But the comp is so close now that this game and next week are MUST wins IMO.
Absolutely essential

Yes those golden point games will hurt us come September, no doubt about it. Hurting us already, as I bet Creagh and Merrin would get tonight off with those 4 points in the bag.

Bring back choc

Juniors
Yes those golden point games will hurt us come September, no doubt about it. Hurting us already, as I bet Creagh and Merrin would get tonight off with those 4 points in the bag.

I don't think they deserve the night off. If slater, Cronk and smith can play for the storm then none of our players should be rested

Father Ted

First Grade
BBC you should go down and have a beer with Willow and the crew today . Might be fun for you and even helpful all round.