What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Blue Print

T-Boon

Coach
Has French actually shown that he has form as a consistent 1st grade fullback? Potential...maybe. His best games have come from wing, but I don’t think he’s suited there either.

The kids talent cannot be questioned but I am shattered that his reputation re commitment to the club has been tarnished this season.
He isn't going to play fullback anywhere. He can still be a great player at another position but he needs to accept that fact.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The kids talent cannot be questioned but I am shattered that his reputation re commitment to the club has been tarnished this season.
He isn't going to play fullback anywhere. He can still be a great player at another position but he needs to accept that fact.
The only place you can get away with lack of size and a kicking game is fullback.

hindy111

Post Whore
Ok.

First of all what I noticed early.
Dogs have little skill but noticebally more effort. There kick chase line was twice as good.
We have some players who show energy. Others are lacklustre.

BA can not coach our attack. Either bring in an attacking coach or sack BA and he can be defensive coach.

MJ showed no energy last night
Taka issue is he has been moved to an area where we need upgrading.
Tepai had a break out game. He played tough. Stays in 2nd row. Manu can be the other. Niakuore has 5 more games to show if he realy warrant the bench spot. If not id look to buy a top line 2nd rower.

Bevan well. He is only suited to games when it goes a certain way. Not a grind. We either play him at fullback or when Fergo comes he is released to go elsewhere.

I'd like to see Guth and Hayne in centres with Bevan given 1yr at fullback.

I'd persist with Mahoney. No need to buy a hooker.

Mannah will struggle to make the side.
I see Alvaro,Terepo,Jnr,Lane as our 4 props. I'd expect Evans to realy fire up.
I know mannah does heaps of work but so many times he also gets pushed back and doninated.

Between Norman and Moses I would chose Norman. Moses has no patience. I want it now mentality. It seems as soon as Eels go behind he panics. I have lost patience in him. Its a catch 22 cause if he plays well in 2019 he will want his 1mill plus. Add his defensive deficiencies and unlike say Maloney who is gar more consitant or Thurston to make up for weakness.
Where our halves much better then the dogs rookies?

I'd look at bringing in if available a gun 2nd rower and another winger. Thats would be all.
Happy to release some of these guys if better opportunities come.Obviously not all of them.
Mannah
Taka
MJ
French
W.Smith
Norman
Moses
Vave

Last edited:

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Ok.

Dogs have little skill but noticebally more effort. There kick chase line was twice as good.

BA can not coach our attack. Either bring in an attacking coach or sack BA and he can be defensive coach.

Tepai had a break out game. He played tough. Stays in 2nd row. Manu can be the other. Niakuore has 5 more games to show if he realy warrant the bench spot. If not id look to buy a top line 2nd rower.

Bevan well. He is only suited to games when it goes a certain way. Not a grind. We either play him at fullback or when Fergo comes he is released to go elsewhere.

I know mannah does heaps of work but so many times he also gets pushed back and doninated.

Between Norman and Moses I would chose Norman. Moses has no patience. I want it now mentality. It seems as soon as Eels go behind he panics. I have lost patience in him. Its a catch 22 cause if he plays well in 2019 he will want his 1mill plus. Add his defensive deficiencies and unlike say Maloney who is gar more consitant or Thurston to make up for weakness.

I'd look at bringing in if available a gun 2nd rower and another winger. Thats would be all.
Happy to release some of these guys if better opportunities come.Obviously not all of them.
Mannah
Taka
MJ
French
W.Smith
Norman
Moses
Vave
It makes way more sense when the print is blue.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Ok.

Mannah
Taka
MJ
French
W.Smith
Norman
Moses
Vave
Agree with most of this but pretty harsh on Mannah. He was outstanding last night and I didn’t see him get dominated at all. NRL stats has him at 140m from 13 runs. That’s incredible!!