What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Bulldogs pull out of hospital visit

T.S Quint

Coach

soc123_au

Staff member
Kent needs an uppercut for writing that. I am all for hanging shit on the Bulldogs, but not when it comes to doing their bit for charity. How long was camp quality on their Jersey for? If I recall correctly they received no payment for the Jersey space which is huge when you consider what that space is worth. Dogs are scum, but they have credit in the bank on the helping kids front.

betcats

Referee
Kent needs an uppercut for writing that. I am all for hanging shit on the Bulldogs, but not when it comes to doing their bit for charity. How long was camp quality on their Jersey for? If I recall correctly they received no payment for the Jersey space which is huge when you consider what that space is worth. Dogs are scum, but they have credit in the bank on the helping kids front.

Didnt it go on because no one would sponsor them? If you commit to going to see sick kids in a hospital you follow it through, try explaining to the kids who were disappointed on the day that the doggies have done lots in the past. To not show up due to a short turnaround is poor, very poor.

Last edited:

soc123_au

Staff member
Didnt it go on because no one would sponsor them? If you commit to going to see sick kids in a hospital you follow it through, try explaining to the kids who were disappointed on the day that the doggies have done lots in the past. To not show up due to a short turnaround is poor, very poor.

I agree that pulling out of a hospital visit at the last minute is poor form, I just think a bit of balance is required in what is written in the papers. I dont recall if the Dogs couldnt get a sponsor at the time of Camp Quality being on the Jersey, but it raised the profile of that charity significantly at zero cost.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
I'm an Eels supporter and can't stand the Bulldogs as much as the next bloke but this article is poor form.

Using sick kids to get a headline is gutter journalism at its best.

By all means write a feel good story about the boys visiting kids, or a club retiring a seat, but leave the negativity to players involved in drug abuse and the mistreatment of women etc.

The fact that the DT is listed as a club sponsor makes me want to vomit.

yep i enjoy taking potshots at the dogs as much as anybody, but it is a bit annoying to see what should essentially be a good news piece be turned into something negative.

in saying that (devil's advocate), the arguement could be put forth that people probably wouldn't even know about what the eels and panthers have done IF the dogs headline didn't make it newsworthy

Blues Riff

Bench
It's still a grubby beatup by Kent. I'm sure the Dogs will do something to make amends. All clubs do plenty of charity work. Des has a lot of work to do, so it's not surprising, him being so focussed on the next round.
Anyway, that's a very touching story about the young Panther fan's seat. Rest in peace Brooke.

ek999

First Grade

They couldn't originally but from memory they had offers during the season but turned them down and kept CQ on the front for the whole season.

If Kent has his facts right, then it is disappointing from the club. If you make those sorts of commitments you should meet them. The turnaround has been known for a few months now so it isn't exactly new. I would like to hear something from the club on this

_snafu_

Immortal
It's not the fact that they didn't go. It's the fact that they made a commitment to go and requested the Eels to change their timetable so as to facilitate the Bulldogs players going.

The fact that they reneged is the issue - a SHIT act.

firechild

First Grade
I hate Parra but I really hope this gets a few kids into Parra jerseys instead of Dogs jerseys.

betcats

Referee
I agree that pulling out of a hospital visit at the last minute is poor form, I just think a bit of balance is required in what is written in the papers. I dont recall if the Dogs couldnt get a sponsor at the time of Camp Quality being on the Jersey, but it raised the profile of that charity significantly at zero cost.

Yeah it was an awesome move to put the charity on their jersey no questioning that, but they werent knocking back sponsorship offers to put it on there, they were trying to repair their brand image, you could say it helped the Doggies a lot too. Anyway I have praised them in the past for their off field work, they really are one of the best NRL clubs at that stuff but it seems like they have used the hospital visit to play a game with Parramatta here.

Last edited:

God-King Dean

Immortal
Des Hasler even tortures small animals.

When training in defence, he gets rabbits & squirrels & other small critters, & the players have to chase them. When they gets them, they have to kill the animals with their teeth, & eat it's heart.

Everyone knows it's going on, but people turn a blind eye to it. I hear ABC are doing a story on it.

redvscotty

First Grade
Disgraceful from the Bulldogs. I'm not surprised though. Always been merkins.

Wonder what Rayyyyylene will have to say.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Not only did the Bulldogs receive no payment for it, but we in fact Sponsored camp quality for their logo on our jersey in return. It was reverse sponsorship. I don't know if any other such commitment has been made since then by another NRL club.

soc123_au

Staff member
Not only did the Bulldogs receive no payment for it, but we in fact Sponsored camp quality for their logo on our jersey in return. It was reverse sponsorship. I don't know if any other such commitment has been made since then by another NRL club.

Probably something the Sharks should have considered when they were/are sponsorless.

I hear Tony Williams is on his way to Westmead right now.

a - because he doesn't train anyway so it's no negative Impact to the club and
b - because he's so big and soft he makes a great jumping castle.

Canard

Immortal
Des Hasler even tortures small animals.

When training in defence, he gets rabbits & squirrels & other small critters, & the players have to chase them. When they gets them, they have to kill the animals with their teeth, & eat it's heart.

Everyone knows it's going on, but people turn a blind eye to it. I hear ABC are doing a story on it.

:lol:

Latest posts