What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Burrow: At the Sevens

Clevo

Juniors
A wonderful weekend, supporting our team and picking on the Penrith Beer Squad (they are good sports but we out did them).

A few thoughts on the weekend and some pictures.

The Burrow were by far the noisiest group.

I must admit it was hard to keep it going for so long but there was always something happening.

www.theburrow.com.au

woodgers

Bench
You took to the beer squad too?? So did the Raiders Army at Bruce last year.

They were good blokes at the end though, probably because they got the result.

Good on you Clevo, and good on the burrow. Standing and singing should never die, that's why I had your back in the Fight Club.

innsaneink

Referee
A surprisingly pretty good lookin bunch of supporters.
Though compared to the Canberra inbreed brigade, MJ would look good!

woodgers

Bench
A surprisingly pretty good lookin bunch of supporters.
Though compared to the Canberra inbreed brigade, MJ would look good!

There are a couple of odd looking "blokes" in there.

Clevo

Juniors
woodgers said:
You took to the beer squad too?? So did the Raiders Army at Bruce last year.

They were good blokes at the end though, probably because they got the result.

Good on you Clevo, and good on the burrow. Standing and singing should never die, that's why I had your back in the Fight Club.

Actually I am pretty keen in meeting up with the Sydney Green Brigade.... we should bring the house down. We give hard but it's all for good fun.

woodgers

Bench
Actually I am pretty keen in meeting up with the Sydney Green Brigade.... we should bring the house down. We give hard but it's all for good fun.

Mate, I am not a member of the Sydney Green Brigade. I am actually a member of the Original Raiders Army that used to be very big. Unfortunatly we fell away during Super League however 3 of us held firm and we are set for a resurgance this year, especially at home.

The SGB are a totally different demographic to the Raiders Army. They are much younger than us and definatly not as loud (they are more well known because they work with the club and get good publicity, and this forum is crawling with their members). They don't give stick to other groups and we do so I look forward to the battle in round 26.

mono_mal

Juniors
the sevens was basically a non event for the sgb.
as per last year we had a pitiful attendance with the bandwagoners being no shows.
insane ink,
a great comment coming from a tigers supporter.
how 'bout you take a trip to cambelltown this year and have a look at your own mob?
maybe you'll then understanding where im coming from.
and woodgers mate you've obviously been missing from sgb action in the last two years?
the only time i noticed the raiders army last year was at the final where a much smaller sgb joined you due to it being a friday night game and a $50+ trip.
i think youd be quite suprised if you joined us throughout the year for one of our bigger turnouts.
a solid core has developed and has proven to be a loud and rowdy mob and the bandwagon keeps rolling. i dont know exactly if i support the bandwagon support though a larger group means more noise and more benefit to the raiders on the field.
we have also on top of singing been able to generate a great atmosphere through use of flags, numerous banners, flares on the occasion, calculator rolls, and confetti.
clevo i look forward to seeing you this year when we clash at the sfs. though due to sfs security you'll most likely find us beneath the main scoreboard which will again lesser our number and restrict the amount of hopefully friendly banter between the groups.
cheers
Ben
Sydney Green Brigade

Clevo

Juniors
Mono... move to Bay 3 at Aussie stadium and you'll be closer to us and get some TV exposure too (if you're into that)

Didn;t meant to start a rift here between you guys. I have heard of the SGB and felt sure there would be a Canberra based one too.

I know Souths has about 6 supporter groups covering 4 states and varying demographics.

Our QforSS(QLD) mob do well and we have the Mountain Bunnies (Blue Mountains, family orientated).

We are gaining more and more support as the months roll by from the Club. We just need to win games.

Bandwagoners is not an issue for us because we welcome anyone who likes to stand and sing.

Woodgers...giving stick is the fun bit. Bring it on! :)

Mambo

Juniors
Hey Clevo, you got any details about the Mountain bunnies so i could check them out.

Pretty soon Northwest Rabbit is going to become Blue Mountains Rabbit.

Clevo

Juniors
They don;t have a web page NWRabbit but their details are on the Souths Website under "supporter groups"

Latest posts