What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Canberra Raiders

skeepe

Immortal
I swear the Sydney media don't even watch our games. Dean Ritchie today wrote that Hodgson had a field goal charged down. :roll:

thickos said:
The one thing that really irks me is the lack of media attention the Raiders get... I know we are an 'out of town' side for the Sydney media but the Cows/Storm/Broncos always get attention... whenever the Raiders win 3/4's of the match report in (for example) The Telegraph is devoted to how the other side lost rather than how we won. It's pretty disheartening.

On the Sports Today program last night (2UE) Matt Elliott was interviewed first up about the Raiders. Its one program which does give as much coverage to all the clubs as it can.

But yeah, as for print - the Terrorgraph aint worth being a toe-rag let alone a newspaper. Don't worry about them.

dubby

Bench
That was a good read BBJF, i appreciate the fact a rival fan gave accolades to an unheralded team that nobody outside the fans know about.

Its not easy being a Raiders supporter. IF we are favourites; we lose. IF we are outsiders; the team rise above and beyond and really compete for the most part.

The Raiders are a team of nobodies and has beens. Nuffies and never will be's.

But they turn up more often than not with a style of play that when executed properly will win them more games than they lose.

They display heart, joy and love to lift for themselves and their fans.

True. Give us a marquee signing and a bunch of luck, we'll go places.

thickos

First Grade
Bring back John Fifita said:
On the Sports Today program last night (2UE) Matt Elliott was interviewed first up about the Raiders. Its one program which does give as much coverage to all the clubs as it can.

But yeah, as for print - the Terrorgraph aint worth being a toe-rag let alone a newspaper. Don't worry about them.

Yeah I was a bit generalist in my comments - there are programs that are pretty fair to the Raiders, and they get a reasonable run on NRL on Fox etc... but for Raiders fans such as myself who only have FTA TV the football season is largely spent watching games in bars and reading the Canberra Times online.

Part of it (the lack of FTA coverage) is definitely results driven but Channel 9 and the NRL really do need to ensure a minimum of games for each side in the future. Hopefully the 2nd friday night game will help.

Paullyboy

Coach
Oh sorry, did the Raiders use the Tigers excuse.

Ok, we'll have to come up with something else guys.

Simon I suggest you change your sig pal, you're not goin back 2 back. You aren't the 89-90 Raiders.

No Benji = No hope.

simon says

First Grade
I like the sound of...the current premiers.

When is the last time your lot won it??

Last century some time???

Raider_69

Post Whore
:lol: :lol: :lol:
love ya work tiger fans

On a complete tangent, i was at the snow all last week, a friend of mine stacked it snow boarding and dislocated her shoulder, she was quickly given the apt nickname of "Benji" :cool:

simon says

First Grade
Mr Saab said:
You would think so for some, but for Simple Simon it still hurts

Im still glowng mate,and still spending the money I won on my boys.....does the semi we knocked you out of the finals still burn Saab ol son....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Chachi

Bench
Ahhh crap! I can't believe I just read that post from BBJF. The secret is out! We aren't just a bag of useless arseclowns led by the worlds greatest chain-smoking-second-rower-five-eighth!

The problem is we'll be losing Smith, Schifcofski, Woolford, Hodgson, Mogg and probably Croker next year, not to mention a great coach who bamboozles our opposition with creative and magnificent team selections, thus making us play well above our ability every week. It's also very very cold all of the time here and most games are played in the snow. Don't worry, we'll be specials for the spoon again next year, we probably won't win a game...and I can't wait...

From the makers of Bulgarelli, Purtell and Gafa.

Latest posts