What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Case for Adelaide.....

Perth Red

Post Whore
I cannot see a Northern Sydney or Southern Sydney Stadium erected unless the A-League expands there, which is a possibility. I heard that the Central Coast Mariners are looking to relocate to Brookvale. If that's the case then it paves the way for a Northern Sydney Stadium that can be used for Sea Eagles, Mariners and possibly Shute Shield and Waratahs.

What happens to Central Coast Stadium?

If I was a NSW taxpayer I would be livid to see a new stadium built on the North Shore when there's one up in Gosford that'll never get used again.

Of all the locations, Liverpool is probably the best option. It'll have Bulldogs, Tigers and Macarthur FC as major tennants.
Is Gosford stadium still privately owned? A north Sydney stadium makes sense if you can get Manly to play there and Union to use and the Mariners. Tax payers money shouldn't be spent in large amounts on stadia unless there are 2-3 tenants to justify it imo. A Manly rebrand to North shore or something more inclusive of the region wouldn't go amiss either! Only problem with a Liverpool stadium is that you then end up with Bankwest having only one RL tenant which seems ludicrous given the expense and quality of stadium.

OY!!!!!!!!! @MODS....

Just saw the subheading in the Expansion forums....

NO ADELAIDE RAMS OR ANY OTHER ADELAIDE TEAM REFERENCED????

Pull your socks up and add in please......

And add it in as the FIRST option if possible..... to make up for the oversight.

Many thanks,
BBJF.

s-l300.jpg

MugaB

Coach
OY!!!!!!!!! @MODS....

Just saw the subheading in the Expansion forums....

NO ADELAIDE RAMS OR ANY OTHER ADELAIDE TEAM REFERENCED????

Pull your socks up and add in please......

And add it in as the FIRST option if possible..... to make up for the oversight.

Many thanks,
BBJF.

s-l300.jpg
Sorry BBJF, i don't think the league is considering bringing back that inaugural team, but maybe they might introduce this one instead?
20210715_160735.png
Home Screenshot_20210715-161437_Samsung Internet.jpg
Away Screenshot_20210715-161729_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:

Jim Rockford

Bench
GRTD sydney isn’t going to be rationalised and constantly raising it on every thread just brings the trolls like Jim to this expansion debate area. Maybe start a thread on Sydney rationalisation and keep to that so we can avoid spamming every thread with Sydney fans whinging and being abusive and others calling for something that’s never going to happen.

A moderator would be nice FRF owners!!
Yes,where's the moderator.We need a "We Love AFL" thread where Perth Red and the other 2 AFL trolls can congregate and jerk each other off and leave the rest of the forum to rational Rugby League fans who are sick to death of the Three Stooges and their AFL agenda. Of course I will still probably visit that thread just to remind Perth Red what a chickenshit lowlife he truly is.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I cannot see a Northern Sydney or Southern Sydney Stadium erected unless the A-League expands there, which is a possibility. I heard that the Central Coast Mariners are looking to relocate to Brookvale. If that's the case then it paves the way for a Northern Sydney Stadium that can be used for Sea Eagles, Mariners and possibly Shute Shield and Waratahs.

What happens to Central Coast Stadium?

If I was a NSW taxpayer I would be livid to see a new stadium built on the North Shore when there's one up in Gosford that'll never get used again.

Of all the locations, Liverpool is probably the best option. It'll have Bulldogs, Tigers and Macarthur FC as major tennants.
Not sure if Macarthur are going ahead with their Campbeltown idea but they'd be made to spend money on a stadium upgrade when the NSW Govt is potentially going to build a stadium at Liverpool.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Is Gosford stadium still privately owned? A north Sydney stadium makes sense if you can get Manly to play there and Union to use and the Mariners. Tax payers money shouldn't be spent in large amounts on stadia unless there are 2-3 tenants to justify it imo. A Manly rebrand to North shore or something more inclusive of the region wouldn't go amiss either! Only problem with a Liverpool stadium is that you then end up with Bankwest having only one RL tenant which seems ludicrous given the expense and quality of stadium.

I wonder if Souths will consider Bankwest in the future? It's really not that far from ANZ and a much better club ground. Don't know if the 'Parra Leagues is next door' is an excuse for all NRL clubs to avoid the place. Seems petty thought to boost your attendances, membership and fan experience.

Jim Rockford

Bench
I wonder if Souths will consider Bankwest in the future? It's really not that far from ANZ and a much better club ground. Don't know if the 'Parra Leagues is next door' is an excuse for all NRL clubs to avoid the place. Seems petty thought to boost your attendances, membership and fan experience.
Souths have already announced that we plan on going back to the revamped SFS. I do think that clubs like Wests and Bulldogs should consider making Bankwest their home as it is an excellent ground to watch games at and very easy to get to.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Confirmation of upgrades to Hindmarsh stadium costing $52mill.

Sport
5 JUL 2021 11:08 AM AEST

Work begins at Hindmarsh Stadium ahead of FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023​

Upgrades to Coopers Stadium have commenced in preparation for the FIFA Women’s World Cup in 2023™. The South Australian State Government recently announced funding of $52 million to upgrade the stadium as part of the commitment to host games for one of the largest events on the planet.
Improvements that will be made include:
  • Refurbishment of change rooms
  • New shade covering on Eastern grandstand
  • Full replacement of the pitch
  • New arena lighting
  • New media and corporate facilities
  • Upgraded sound system
  • Upgrade LED system
  • New turnstiles
  • New function space in Eastern grandstand
  • Two new video replay screens

Souths have already announced that we plan on going back to the revamped SFS. I do think that clubs like Wests and Bulldogs should consider making Bankwest their home as it is an excellent ground to watch games at and very easy to get to.
More posts like this, please.

Parramatta Stadium could easily accommodate the Tigers, Bulldogs and Eels. SFS can accommodate Roosters and Rabbitohs.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Soccer games in Australia are lucky to get 10k people through the gates.
Yes I know and a third Sydney team is going to have Sydney FC and WSW struggling even more. They did however outline plans a while back from their investors to invest in a stadium for the team so they have a dedicated ground that the team has priority over. Not sure if this is still happening or not.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yes I know and a third Sydney team is going to have Sydney FC and WSW struggling even more. They did however outline plans a while back from their investors to invest in a stadium for the team so they have a dedicated ground that the team has priority over. Not sure if this is still happening or not.
It would make total sense for them to play out of a new Govt stadium in Liverpool with Bulldogs and Tigers.

flippikat

Bench
Here's a crazy idea.. but what if the NSW Govt binned the Liverpool stadium (and other upgrades), and instead spent the money on improving public transport so that fans can get to Bankwest, ANZ & the new SFS far more easily, from far more suburbs??

It not only would improve transport to stadia, but across the city for many other purposes too

Perth Red

Post Whore
Here's a crazy idea.. but what if the NSW Govt binned the Liverpool stadium (and other upgrades), and instead spent the money on improving public transport so that fans can get to Bankwest, ANZ & the new SFS far more easily, from far more suburbs??

It not only would improve transport to stadia, but across the city for many other purposes too
ANZ is horrible for club games. Bankwest and SFS makes sense though! I suspect improving public transport costs a shed load more money than building stadia.

I agree that Sydney doesn’t need any more stadia. Public transport in the city, and all over Australia for that matter, needs to be improved to meet the demands of population growth. We really need an underground rail network in Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne like London and NYC.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I agree that Sydney doesn’t need any more stadia. Public transport in the city, and all over Australia for that matter, needs to be improved to meet the demands of population growth. We really need an underground rail network in Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne like London and NYC.
Easier to build stadia next to the transport routes you've got! One smart thing the WA govt did was build Optus stadium in a location that they could link to the major train system meaning no-one has to drive to get there. I'm 30kms away and on event day I can get a bus end of my road to train station then a train straight to the gates. Its awesome! SFS should have been built elsewhere imo. Undergrounds today would cost billions and billions of $'s. You need Victorian era labour costs! The London tube extension they are doing now is 100kms and is costing around $35billion!!

Easier to build stadia next to the transport routes you've got! One smart thing the WA govt did was build Optus stadium in a location that they could link to the major train system meaning no-one has to drive to get there. I'm 30kms away and on event day I can get a bus end of my road to train station then a train straight to the gates. Its awesome! SFS should have been built elsewhere imo. Undergrounds today would cost billions and billions of $'s. You need Victorian era labour costs! The London tube extension they are doing now is 100kms and is costing around $35billion!!
How long does it take to get the bus and train to the ground?

Perth Red

Post Whore
How long does it take to get the bus and train to the ground?
Takes me about 45mins. 20min bus ride to station then a 25min train journey on an event special train. If its out of peak hour times (and Im not drinking :) ) I can drive to station in 5mins and park there and just get the train. They are very smart and re-laid part of the Northern train line so it could connect with the Armadale line meaning its a straight run with no changes for everyone in northern suburbs (around 3/4million people). Cost a bit but makes world of difference when getting to and from stadium.