What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Coaching Carousel...

It would seem the coaching carousel is starting to move.

A grand final winning coach is looking at a couple of options... the Warriors and the Dragons... With the Warriors being more likely.

However, this does show we are at least looking.. So perhaps the 'penny has dropped' for the Board.

This coach has "lost the dressing room" .. But this is probably more a result of the players not being able to take criticism.. He is battling against a situation where the players seem to measure success by the number of Twitter followers they have.

The Dragons have usually performed well with a 'disciplined' coach .. And he would inject that 'outside blood' we need in our organisation... Otherwise we will keep trundling down the same barren coaching path.

Anyway we will see...

'Glory Glory...'

Coffs dragon

Bench
It's definetly Madge and the Warriors will throw big dollars to get their man. Whilst it's nice to dream, I can't see our mob willing to dissemble the old boys club and have to fork out dollars to pay out a coaches contract.....unless Bruce Gordon's funds appear soon and he demands change.

kit66

Bench
This coach has "lost the dressing room" .. But this is probably more a result of the players not being able to take criticism.. He is battling against a situation where the players seem to measure success by the number of Twitter followers they have.

You must work at the club do you, to have such specific and in depth knowledge ?

Jubileeboy

First Grade
You must work at the club do you, to have such specific and in depth knowledge ?

Not really mate. There's been a lot of talk about Souths and player/coach clashes going around for some time. Some players couldn't wait to get out of the place. Maguire was talking to the Warriors a year ago, so this doesn't surprise me and I posted this info in JA quite some time ago. Didn't Maguire renew recently?

kit66... No I do not work at Souths. .Just and old battler.

Jubilleeboy is correct .. Nothing new here..

But it has raised its head very recently .. And the Dragons have beien mentioned as an option.. Albeit second to the Warriors.. The point was, I had not heard the Dragons mentioned in any dispatches about the Coach before... And could highlight a potential change of direction by the Dragons.

blacksafake

First Grade
I think from memory he knocked back the dragons job before taking on the souths job. Personally i can't see it happening because our board seem to be happy with how things have gone for 4 years so why change?. Anyhow should we fluke him the chances of Keary coming would drop.

Dragsters

First Grade
An un-sourced "story" shows nothing, let alone whether or not the Drsgons may or may not be looking at signing a rival coach.

A long bow to say the least...

Last edited:

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I am surprised Warriors are not going for Cleary. He got them to them to their 1 and only Grand Final appearance.

If anything Saints should go for Cleary. Would prefer Madge but Cleary would be a pretty good coach in the Red V. He knows how to blood juniors into the top grade.

Latest posts