What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comeback Kid

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
No, #5LC, that isn't your ear. And you aren't supposed to be enjoying it.

Iafeta

Referee
brooksy19 said:
Luke was best on ground last night for the kiwi squad.

If you're talking the NZ A game. you must have been watching a different game.

I was at the game, Awen Guttenbeil created 3-4 of the tries by making busts up the middle, and by popping offloads to Billy Ngawini who got the Kiwis on a massive roll on. He was easily the best player on the park followed by Ngawini. Paleaaesina kept charging over O'Meley and Mason as if they weren't there. Phil Leuluai came on and made some punishing tackles to halt Shrek. Tony Puletua was damaging on the fringes. Tame Tupou made a heck of a lot of metres up the guts. Jeremy Smith controlled things well and set up a couple of breaks for George Carmont.

Luke Covell tried hard, and kicked well. Didn't really do anything wrong, so credit to him there and he did try gallantly on a couple of occaisions to make cover defensive tackles. But he certainly didn't break the game open like Guttenbeil, Ngawini, Smith, Puletua or Carmont did.

half

Coach
covell scored as many points as the aus team combined. it was a powerhouse performance of panache

wittyfan

Referee
Covell stamped his class and authority last night. Dominant is the best adjective that I can come up with.

morri (cWo)

First Grade
covell wrote his name into NZ folk law last night. one day, like many others, i will tell my grandchildren about the 16 point haul from vice captain covell on debut. congrats buddy!!!11

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
no.5_luke covell said:
covell wrote his name into NZ folk law last night. one day, like many others, i will tell my grandchildren about the 16 point haul from vice captain covell on debut. congrats buddy!!!11

He wasn't vice captain you stupid douchebag!

tlk

Bench
dodge said:
He wasn't vice captain you stupid douchebag!
chin up walk it off!!

luke vice captain covell had a great game and lead the team well
theres aways a back up now 4 when noddy goes

:lol: :lol: :lol: this thread is getting better as the days go by

from one wind up merchant to the covell brigade.......i bow in your presence

funny stuff fellas

Stranger

Coach
hillbillyjazzer1954 said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: this thread is getting better as the days go by

from one wind up merchant to the covell brigade.......i bow in your presence

funny stuff fellas

Wonder if youll be saying that in 4 months time when every single thread has covell in it some way or another.....