What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

the comedians thread

LESStar58

Referee
Just wondering who everybody at LU enjoys watching to stand up comedy.

for me it's Billy connolly, Jim Jefferies, George Carlin, Jimmy Carr and Frankie Boyle

Parra

Referee
George Carlin's stuff I like. But I only know his later stuff. No idea about the early or mid-career Carlin.

You've inspired me to watch a few of his clips.

Red Bear

Referee
Billy Connolly, Dara O'Briain, Kevin Bridges, Ed Byrne, Miles Jupp are all quite funny. Frankie Boyle was better as a comedy panelist, his stand up is a bit shite sometimes, similarly jimmy carr has some funny lines but I don't really like his style a heap. Bill Bailey, Dylan Moran also good.

PJ

First Grade
My faves have already been mentioned but also Stephen Amos and Kitty Flanagan.

LESStar58

Referee
George Carlin's stuff I like. But I only know his later stuff. No idea about the early or mid-career Carlin.

You've inspired me to watch a few of his clips.

Carlin is the man! Go and listen to 7 Words you can't say on tv and an incomplete list of impolite words.

All time favourite is Bill Hicks.

Other notables are George Carlin, Steve Hughes, Robin Williams, Peter Cook & Dudley Moore (Derek and Clive was f**king hilarious,) Tommy Tiernan and Mitch Hedberg.

I IQ'd a Jim Jefferies special, still yet to watch it.

azzah72

Bench
Love Mitch Hedberg, Carlin, Hicks and Louie CK.

Laugh all the time even if I have heard it 1000 times.

Danish

Referee
Eddie Izzard is a fave of mine that hasn't been mentioned yet. His ability to talk about history, time, and space in the most surreal and for the lack of a better term silly manner is truly unmatched. Hard to pinpoint exact bits, although his stuff on gun control, religion (jesus meeting the dinosaurs), and Hannibal are bloody hilarious. Death Star cafeteria needs no introduction either.

Might go listen to his stuff again actually :lol:

gUt

Coach
Bill Hicks is my favourite, I like Ricky Gervais but I think his stand up is not the greatest. Pablo Francisco is not bad.

If you're looking for something different, look up Reggie Watts.