What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

Matua

Bench
So, I didn't like Loki as much as the previous two Marvel shows, which is weird because Gugu Mbatha Raw is hot AF. But I guess I've never been a huge Loki is the coolest villain type guy around and lady Loki seemed to lack in any charisma and screen presence for me.

In saying that I still quite happily watched all 6 episodes. But, to return to the thread title of comic book film, I thought that Black Widow was the much better Marvel product this July.

shiznit

Coach
So I have a good friend of mine who managed to jag himself into a press screening for The Suicide Squad here in NZ…

he’s a big marvel fan and he said that this is right at the top of recent comic book film’s.

he said it was by far Gunns best film to date and that the R rating allowed gunn to go nuts.

the trailers look fun as hell but after talking with him I’m super pumped for this film

Jono078

Referee
Interesting. I have 0 interest in it, which should help as expectations are low.

Would be great if they knock it out of the park.

Game_Breaker

Coach
So I have a good friend of mine who managed to jag himself into a press screening for The Suicide Squad here in NZ…

he’s a big marvel fan and he said that this is right at the top of recent comic book film’s.

he said it was by far Gunns best film to date and that the R rating allowed gunn to go nuts.

the trailers look fun as hell but after talking with him I’m super pumped for this film

Hope
That's what kills people, its the hope that it will be a good film and your expectations are lifted and then you're disappointed again

azzah72

Bench
So, I didn't like Loki as much as the previous two Marvel shows, which is weird because Gugu Mbatha Raw is hot AF. But I guess I've never been a huge Loki is the coolest villain type guy around and lady Loki seemed to lack in any charisma and screen presence for me.

In saying that I still quite happily watched all 6 episodes. But, to return to the thread title of comic book film, I thought that Black Widow was the much better Marvel product this July.
I liked both, black widow is perfectly entertaining but just felt superfluous until the end credit scene.

Loki was fine, setting up some interesting stuff but I stuggled to get passed the dramatic character change because he watched a video.

I prefered wandavision and falcon.

azzah72

Bench
The reviews for the new suicide squad are out now…

and they’re 🔥🔥🔥
I'm keen as, I like most of the DC movies and their characters, even the rough ones because they don't rinse and repeat the same formula that marvel mostly does.

Marvel has made overall better movies than DC at the top end of their filmography but imo, a lot of them are just the same formula over and over with nothing particularly interesting happening.

At least DC is interesting even though sometimes they miss the mark.... ahem original suicide squad, JWJL and WW2.

I mostly didn't mind the rest of the movies though.

James Gunn doing The suicide squad, however? That just looks like balls to the wall fun.

Say what you will about the original SS, they nailed a lot of their casting and glad to see a few of them back + the zany additions.

Matua

Bench
I'm keen as, I like most of the DC movies and their characters, even the rough ones because they don't rinse and repeat the same formula that marvel mostly does.

Marvel has made overall better movies than DC at the top end of their filmography but imo, a lot of them are just the same formula over and over with nothing particularly interesting happening.

At least DC is interesting even though sometimes they miss the mark.... ahem original suicide squad, JWJL and WW2.

I mostly didn't mind the rest of the movies though.

James Gunn doing The suicide squad, however? That just looks like balls to the wall fun.

Say what you will about the original SS, they nailed a lot of their casting and glad to see a few of them back + the zany additions.
You forgot MoS, BvS and ZSJL from your list. 😜

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Word is the New suicide squad is like Deadpool on steroids, very violent and I can’t f**king wait. f**king lockdown is going to make me wait till some time next week.

Matua

Bench
Each to their own. I liked them.
ZSJL was the worst movie, tied with Chaos Walking, I've seen this year. As I've noted in the thread Zac definitely isn't my type of directer, though he always seems like a nice guy in interviews.

shiznit

Coach
Suicide Squad is up now… I’m gonna watch it at the movies with the Mrs this evening.. good old date night… she has NO idea what she’s about to witness… 😂😂

bileduct

Coach
The Suicide Squad just follows the basic MCU formula except with all the swearing, violence and gore that Disney wouldn't allow.

This entire genre is overcooked.

Reactions: gUt
TSS was great imo

Exactly what the movie should be when looking at its comic book roots and the comparisons to Deadpool are accurate. Cant help but feel that the original script was written to have Deadshot as the lead and not Bloodsport as they are essentially the same character (they even make a joke about it, al be it indirectly) but Idris brings his usual charm to the role so it works.

Harley has plot armour thicker than Jon Snow too

Matua

Bench
I liked TSS as popcorn entertainment, but then again I didn't hate SS like the rest of the planet.

The Suicide Squad just follows the basic MCU formula except with all the swearing, violence and gore that Disney wouldn't allow.

This entire genre is overcooked.
I really don't know why you keep watching, I like the genre (mostly, minus the Snyderverse, Thor's 1&2, THe middle Spider-man series, Hulk, Iron Man 2 etc) but I do enjoy your reactions in the thread despite the fact I'm baffled you're always here. 😀

ACTPanthers

Bench
What If...? series kicked off - Honestly, I enjoyed it.

Pretty keen to see where they go with some of the scenarios, but as a Marvel fan, it's great content to watch regardless.

shiznit

Coach
I was always intrigued by the What If show… and the trailers got me excited for it.

but TBH that first episode was abit meh… it seemed abit rushed TBH.

they basically retold Cap1 in 20mins… cool concept but I hope they flesh it out a little better going forward.

the Killmonger Iron Man thing looks cool as well as the T’Challa as Starlord episode.

Latest posts