What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

But when I’ve seen reactions from people like John Campea saying it’s the best Comic Book film since Logan… and his mate saying it’s a top 5 fantasy film of all time…
Yeah thats a bit of a negative for me. I find Campea f**king annoying and more than a bit contrarian when it comes to his movie opinions. He seems to want to appear smarter than he really is and it taints his reviews ive found

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yeah thats a bit of a negative for me. I find Campea f**king annoying and more than a bit contrarian when it comes to his movie opinions. He seems to want to appear smarter than he really is and it taints his reviews ive found
He definitely gets high on his own farts.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Shang-chi. Really enjoyable movie. Loved the martial arts. It’s Marvel so you know there’s gonna be the jokes and stuff but I liked the introduction of these new characters.

shiznit

Coach
Shang-chi. Really enjoyable movie. Loved the martial arts. It’s Marvel so you know there’s gonna be the jokes and stuff but I liked the introduction of these new characters.
Yeah I’ve heard some bloody amazing things about it… trying not to come across spoilers online.

it did huge business at the box office even for the pandemic and word of mouth is really strong.

interested to see if there’s a massive drop off like the most films during the pandemic.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Saw Shang Chi over the weekend, the first act is really entertaining with some excellent fight scenes. But it does come to a grinding halt in the middle act and I get that they have to lay some tracks down but after the excellent start it was a bit of a let down. It does pick back up at the end but it’s a typical CGI fest against the main villain.

Still it was most enjoyable and with some great cameo’s as well. Still a well above average comic book movie but after the first 30 mins I thought it was a chance to break into my top 5 Marvel movies

shiznit

Coach
It’s still even bloody released in NZ.. it was all set for 03/09 but got put back to 16/09 due to a nationwide lockdown…

now the entire country except Auckland are out of lockdown they are keeping it at 16/09.

I feel for the cinema owners… apparently Shang-Chi is only on a limited exclusive window so will be on Disney+ in a month.

Frederick

Staff member
It’s still even bloody released in NZ.. it was all set for 03/09 but got put back to 16/09 due to a nationwide lockdown…

now the entire country except Auckland are out of lockdown they are keeping it at 16/09.

I feel for the cinema owners… apparently Shang-Chi is only on a limited exclusive window so will be on Disney+ in a month.
I'm feeling you. I can't go to see it either, but the bloody hillbillies north of the border can

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I'm feeling you. I can't go to see it either, but the bloody hillbillies north of the border can
deliverance GIF

shiznit

Coach
Shang-Chi:

f**king LOVED it! 👍👍

im gonna need to watch it again but i don't know where I rank it overall but definitely f**king high up there.

Black Panther was my favourite origin story… but this might be right there.

the fight sequences were the best I’ve ever seen in an MCU film.

each fight was like it’s own style… I saw Jackie Chan… i saw Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon… i saw Hero… a bit of once upon a time in China… I’ve never seen a big Hollywood blockbuster film with such diverse fighting sequences.

but they were shot really well. I’ve never really had much of an issue with quick cuts and all the normal camera and stunt trickery in normal fight scenes as it’s part and parcel of suspending your belief into thinking Ben Affleck or Brad Pitt or Liam Nesson can win a fight against numerous assassins one after another…

but i really noticed the difference in these scenes… they just looked more authentic and just shot much cleaner with a lot of long panning shots. They were just really well done.

I know a lot of comic book fans hate the MCU humour… but I thought Akwafina killed it and had great chemistry with Samu Liu.

I was a little bit disappointed that the finale ended up in your typical CGI fest when they had such great fight scenes all through the film.

but that’s really nitpicking.. it was a good 3rd act… I just thought when you get to a finale you expect it to be the climax… but the earlier fights were so good maybe it just set an unrealistic bar for the finale.. 😂😂

who knows… but either way I recommend you guys watch it as soon as it’s safe for you too…

shiznit

Coach
Just watched the latest episode of ‘What If?’.

one of the best ones IMO… the premise is what if Odin decided to not take Loki and to give him back to the frost giants. So Thor grows up an only child… 😂😂

it’s silly as hell but it’s f**king hilarious… 😂😂

Frederick

Staff member
Just watched the latest episode of ‘What If?’.

one of the best ones IMO… the premise is what if Odin decided to not take Loki and to give him back to the frost giants. So Thor grows up an only child… 😂😂

it’s silly as hell but it’s f**king hilarious… 😂😂
The fight between Thor and Captain Marvel was excellent.

And infinity Ultron at the end 😱😱😱

ACTPanthers

Bench
Yeah can't say I was a massive fan of the latest What If..? but I think it's possibly the one that ties it all together

The Infinity Ultron appearance at the end will probably see the all the multiverses come together

Latest posts