What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

Last Week

Bench
The Batman is looking like it's going to be a good murder mystery story. Some iconic scenes so far and a cool score.

Quietly more excited for Flashpoint.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Batman is loosely based on a long Halloween i've heard. Looks great and i wasn't that excited for the Flash movie until Micheal "f**king"Keaton was announced now i can't wait.

Matua

Bench
Shang-Chi:

f**king LOVED it! 👍👍

im gonna need to watch it again but i don't know where I rank it overall but definitely f**king high up there.

Black Panther was my favourite origin story… but this might be right there.

the fight sequences were the best I’ve ever seen in an MCU film.

each fight was like it’s own style… I saw Jackie Chan… i saw Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon… i saw Hero… a bit of once upon a time in China… I’ve never seen a big Hollywood blockbuster film with such diverse fighting sequences.

but they were shot really well. I’ve never really had much of an issue with quick cuts and all the normal camera and stunt trickery in normal fight scenes as it’s part and parcel of suspending your belief into thinking Ben Affleck or Brad Pitt or Liam Nesson can win a fight against numerous assassins one after another…

but i really noticed the difference in these scenes… they just looked more authentic and just shot much cleaner with a lot of long panning shots. They were just really well done.

I know a lot of comic book fans hate the MCU humour… but I thought Akwafina killed it and had great chemistry with Samu Liu.

I was a little bit disappointed that the finale ended up in your typical CGI fest when they had such great fight scenes all through the film.

but that’s really nitpicking.. it was a good 3rd act… I just thought when you get to a finale you expect it to be the climax… but the earlier fights were so good maybe it just set an unrealistic bar for the finale.. 😂😂

who knows… but either way I recommend you guys watch it as soon as it’s safe for you too…
Agree it was fun. The ending, not the CGI of it all but the
dragons, I don't like fantasy
was as you noted.

I think the sister was good too. Marvel hid a very female focused film with this movie about Shang Chi. Sneaky devils.

shiznit

Coach
Waiting for the usual Marvel fan bois to come in and shit all over this......
Why? I doubt anyone is truly vested in one company to really give a shit…

I can’t wait for The Batman… I find it exciting that Matt Reeves is moving in the direction of a neo-noir type of story.

I saw somewhere that Riddler is going to be a Jigsaw type of villain… I love that idea… I just don’t know how you pull that off with a PG13 rating… because I highly doubt any studio in there right mind would allow a character like Batman go R.

shiznit

Coach
Eternals reactions are coming through now…

it’s kinda funny… all the reactions are positive but they almost sound like they don’t want to be negative… 😂😂

I don’t know what the f**k to think about the film…. I was initially excited for it because it was different and there was behind the scenes hype but the more I’ve seen of it the less appealing it is…

azzah72

Bench
Eternals reactions are coming through now…

it’s kinda funny… all the reactions are positive but they almost sound like they don’t want to be negative… 😂😂

I don’t know what the f**k to think about the film…. I was initially excited for it because it was different and there was behind the scenes hype but the more I’ve seen of it the less appealing it is…
Friend of mine saw it, didn't spoil anything but said it a genuinely good character movie but looks and feels nothing like the usual marvel formula.

Said it resembles a DC Snyder movie more than the usual marvel fare.

Said the action is good when it happens but it's more of a drama.

That's actually makes me more interested to see it.

bileduct

Coach
So after all the usual shills were doing some major dick sucking about a week ago, The Eternals is getting a pretty mixed reaction from pro reviewers on RT with just a 71% rating on the tomatometer. Even the "fresh" reviews seem to be pretty charitable with their ratings while admitting it kinda sucked.

So what happened here then? Did it throw away the MCU cookie cutter, colour by numbers format leaving the reviewers having to actually engage their brain for what might be the first time in an eternity, or does it just genuinely suck a giant ass shit?

Matua

Bench
So after all the usual shills were doing some major dick sucking about a week ago, The Eternals is getting a pretty mixed reaction from pro reviewers on RT with just a 71% rating on the tomatometer. Even the "fresh" reviews seem to be pretty charitable with their ratings while admitting it kinda sucked.

So what happened here then? Did it throw away the MCU cookie cutter, colour by numbers format leaving the reviewers having to actually engage their brain for what might be the first time in an eternity, or does it just genuinely suck a giant ass shit?
Robbie Collin, the pompous prat, gave it 2/5, so on that basis I’m looking forward to watching it.

shiznit

Coach

Mate…. I’ve been watching and reading a fair few reviews about it and i watched a bit of Grace Randolph’s non-spoiler review…

Bloody hell… amongst the criticisms was that they shouldn’t have made jokes about DC characters as it’s too aggressive…

and my favourite was her shitting on Kamail Nanjiani because he used roids to bulk up for this role??

what the f**k woman?? never had issues about it when Hemsworth and Bautista are in MCU films… nothing about Ben Affleck’s body change for Batman..

and no issues at all about the f**king rock looking more f**king absurd every movie he appears on.

this little Indian kid does it and it’s a problem… 😂😂

bileduct

Coach
Mate…. I’ve been watching and reading a fair few reviews about it and i watched a bit of Grace Randolph’s non-spoiler review…

Bloody hell… amongst the criticisms was that they shouldn’t have made jokes about DC characters as it’s too aggressive…

and my favourite was her shitting on Kamail Nanjiani because he used roids to bulk up for this role??

what the f**k woman?? never had issues about it when Hemsworth and Bautista are in MCU films… nothing about Ben Affleck’s body change for Batman..

and no issues at all about the f**king rock looking more f**king absurd every movie he appears on.

this little Indian kid does it and it’s a problem… 😂😂

The same reviewer Matua was going on about was complaining about Nanjiani spending 12 months getting into shape for the role but then having all the hard work completed covered up.

As for Grace Randolph... I don't know how anyone can watch that shit.