What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

shiznit

Coach
Peacemaker debuted tonight with the first 3 episodes…

i watched episode 1… no spoilers… but if you liked Gunn’s Suicide Squad you’ll like this… very promising start.

139A19BB-2A25-4F64-ABCE-855316EA1B32.gif

Matua

Bench
Awwwww shit.. Thanks for the heads up, I had nothing else to watch and was about to put on Eternals out of morbid interest.
Go into Eternals with an open mind and it might not be as shit as you think or it might be but at least you wont be writing it off before you see it. I know it's hard to have an open mind, I tried with Zac Snyder's Justice League and spectacularly failed.

PJ

First Grade
I went in hopeful for Eternals and came out disappointed.

Thought it was pretty trash, which was a higher grade than my daughter gave it.

Neither of the end credit sequences fired my interest either.

Maybe the Marvel fans get something from it but it offered nothing really interesting or new

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Just got through watching the eternals, it was long winded and pretty much boring. I didn’t give rats about any of the characters.

shiznit

Coach

Maybe the Marvel fans get something from it but it offered nothing really interesting or new
I’m like both Marvel and DC…

this was rubbish… the best thing about it is the fact the stakes are so ridiculously high that they won’t impact the normal main MCU storyline’s… which is kind of a dumb thing to really be thankful for… 😂😂

Reactions: PJ

Matua

Bench

I went in expecting to be disappointed because I listened to the commentators out there (I don't usually) and I quite enjoyed it. I guess expectations going in can have an impact on enjoyability.

I'm a Marvel fan, but I knew nothing about the Eternals, and felt it did a good job introducing all the characters. Other people say the exact opposite.

Agree on the end credit scenes, and thought it could have been edited down to a shorter run time (which could be said of most Marvel movies).

Not the best Comic Book movie I saw this year but far from the worst.

PJ

First Grade
I went in expecting to be disappointed because I listened to the commentators out there (I don't usually) and I quite enjoyed it. I guess expectations going in can have an impact on enjoyability.

I'm a Marvel fan, but I knew nothing about the Eternals, and felt it did a good job introducing all the characters. Other people say the exact opposite.

Agree on the end credit scenes, and thought it could have been edited down to a shorter run time (which could be said of most Marvel movies).

What was worse? I wasn't a big fan of shang shi but would rather watch that again than this.

shiznit

Coach

I

i went in with an open mind thinking this was gonna be a little different from the regular MCU stuff…

but to me there were multiple issues from the shoddy CGI… to the MASSIVE issues with the story…

I mean seriously…

So the Eternals are not supposed to get involved with conflicts… only to protect earth from deviants… so the population can grow, expand and develop enough that the planet will finally give birth to a giant celestial inside it…

So they weren’t allowed to get involved when Thanos… who’s actually a deviant himself… was trying to and succeeded in eliminating half the population of the entire universe… so not only slowing down the celestial’s end goal on earth… but also all the other unborn celestial planets in the universe…

yeah… makes no sense to me…

azzah72

Bench
Yeah Eternals is a bit of a weird one.
I stated that I didn't mind it when I first watched it but as time went on, I didn't care for it much.

Definitely would have worked better as a mini series go let the story breath a bit.

I did like Makkari though, she was a highlight.

Matua

Bench
What was worse? I wasn't a big fan of shang shi but would rather watch that again than this.
Oh, I hate Zac Snyder's Justice League (which I think was released this year) - if counted as a film it's the worst film I saw in 2021 (if it's a TV show then it's worst TV show I saw in 2021, and Chaos Walking becomes the worst movie).

@shiznit I don't have an issue with anything in that spoiler but that's less on the movie and more on the broader MCU/Marvel comics itself.

.I also don't want the XMen universe to merge with MCU for the same reasons. Where were they all when all the shit with Thanos was going down?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Zack Snyder’s Justice League was a masterpiece compared to the snore fest that was the Eternals.

Reactions: PJ

shiznit

Coach
Oh, I hate Zac Snyder's Justice League (which I think was released this year) - if counted as a film it's the worst film I saw in 2021 (if it's a TV show then it's worst TV show I saw in 2021, and Chaos Walking becomes the worst movie).

@shiznit I don't have an issue with anything in that spoiler but that's less on the movie and more on the broader MCU/Marvel comics itself.

.I also don't want the XMen universe to merge with MCU for the same reasons. Where were they all when all the shit with Thanos was going down?
Yeah that’s gonna be the difficultly bringing in the X-men into something so developed in the MCU… I’m thinking they will either have to totally reboot it from scratch… or they will use the multiverse…

Matua

Bench
Zack Snyder’s Justice League was a masterpiece compared to the snore fest that was the Eternals.
To you, complete opposite to me - took me 11 sessions to watch it. Snyder is not my filmmaker, but I always like him in interviews, he seems like a nice guy, one of the best moments of the year was his Zoom call with the neckbeard Youtuber, and the hissy fits afterwards.

Matua

Bench
Yeah that’s gonna be the difficultly bringing in the X-men into something so developed in the MCU… I’m thinking they will either have to totally reboot it from scratch… or they will use the multiverse…
I assume the multiverse, but personally I'd prefer they keep it separate, as I wouldn't have minded if the Eternals was kept separate as well.

bileduct

Coach
If Disney bring in the new reimagined X-Men from the comics I'm gonna give that a skip too just like I have everything else post Black Widow.

Game_Breaker

Coach
For me the reason why Eternals wasn't that exciting was the fact it lacked a real villain, for example:
Deviants were random CGIs
Plot twist late in the film was too late and wasn't real villainy anyway

Generally speaking without a good antagonist comic book movies tend to fail
Also I had no interest in these boring characters (Sersei and Ikaris)

EDIT: I just found out that the voice in the end credit scene with Jon Snow was meant to be Blade. That's probably one good thing of the film

Last edited: