What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

shiznit

Coach
I don’t know much about Moon Knight… but a colleague loves a recent run he had in the comics.

he explained that he was originally kind of a Batman ripoff… rich dude who fights crime at night etc…

but he said the character really came into his own when they made him crazy…

it looks promising… I like Oscar Isaac.

bileduct

Coach
Peacemaker is ridiculously good and just what this stale genre needs... A NWO/Attitude Era style shake-up instead of all this children's shit.

bileduct

Coach
Haha, honestly, that scene with The Vigilante stepping in... I've been cracking up about that for days. And Judomaster... lol.

Frederick

Staff member
Haha, honestly, that scene with The Vigilante stepping in... I've been cracking up about that for days. And Judomaster... lol.
Vigilante is the best character in the show. Steals every scene he's in.

Gunn had shot most of the Vigilante scenes with another actor before he left due to creative differences and they hired this guy to replace him, and boy am I glad that happened

"You can't walk without your pinky toe"

Matua

Bench
So this thread ruined The Peacemaker a bit for me. Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying it and it's bloody funny at times (Vigilante is great), but I was expecting some sort of masterpiece going from the comments on the thread.

I'm a big fan of Gunn and this a good adult comic book show, but, not groundbreaking, and probably not as good as The Boys.

But really, that's on me, like trailers I should have avoided reading the comments about the show before watching so as not to raise my expectations.

Reactions: PJ

PJ

First Grade
So this thread ruined The Peacemaker a bit for me. Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying it and it's bloody funny at times (Vigilante is great), but I was expecting some sort of masterpiece going from the comments on the thread.

I'm a big fan of Gunn and this a good adult comic book show, but, not groundbreaking, and probably not as good as The Boys.

But really, that's on me, like trailers I should have avoided reading the comments about the show before watching so as not to raise my expectations.

Early for me to comment, as I'm only 1 episode in, but this is how I felt after that one.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
So yeah peacemaker

Really good show. Cena is quite a good actor.

Vigilante for me can be a little too James Gunn but his #metoo line was genius. So funny.

Timbo

Staff member
For mine, it’s the best show I’ve watched in quite some time. I’ve loved each episode more then the last.