What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

shiznit

Coach
Definitely looks the most cinematic since Endgame. Looking forward to this one.
Yeah that trailer was killer IMO….

I also love how the overwhelming reaction from people was that they are looking forward to watching it… The emphasis is less about it being a black superhero film now to just being an awesome looking film…

from what I’ve seen I like the direction they’ve taken with Nemor… to differentiate him from Aquaman… it looks interesting.

gUt

Coach
Not trying to rain on anyone's parade or that. Just interesting to note his ending thoughts in this about film genres having their time in the sun then fading away (eg Westerns, war movies etc)

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade or that. Just interesting to note his ending thoughts in this about film genres having their time in the sun then fading away (eg Westerns, war movies etc)

That would ring true if Westerns are War movies werent being made any more

They are though so...

shiznit

Coach
I’m sure the superhero films will run out of steam at some point…

they very well may have jumped the shark after Endgame….

but I almost think Marvel are at a point now that they have so many inter-connected movies that it’s become a film version of a hit tv series… it’s got its own following on its own which goes beyond just regular superhero movies now.

Marvel with its inter-connected universe of film’s, tv shows & animated series one could argue have become almost a genre in itself…

where they have a built in following which guarantees financial success with every new project so they are really just judged against other MCU properties.

For good or for bad i think it may well just end up Marvel is it’s own thing…

Zoidberg

First Grade
Finally saw Thor L&T today, and I will say I enjoyed it more than I expected, probably because I went into it expecting a comedy.
Having said that, I may never have an urge to see it again. No substance to it. The characters have no arc or depth (apart from Jane and Gorr). Emotional scenes have no weight. Thor character is just a goof.

bileduct

Coach

Matua

Bench
I had to look up the reference then had a hearty LOL.

DC are sitting in a gold mine and just can’t get it right.
I had to look it up too. I'm all for the gingercide - I've never watch Harry Potter due to the pro-ginger storyline. 😉

It's odd that it's better financially to write off a nearly complete film than to air it on HBO Max. It's not like there hasn't been movies that have been successful after poor early viewings, and it's not like DC hasn't released some crap over the years.

shiznit

Coach
It must’ve been absolute rubbish… as I don’t know how they could have recouped more money from the tax write off than selling it to Netflix who will throw big bucks at any f**king thing… 😂😂

I’m super surprised it was going to be that bad as it was as those two directors have been pretty good from what I’ve seen.

Bad Boys for Life I thought was pretty good and Ms Marvel was good too IMO..

I had to look it up too. I'm all for the gingercide - I've never watch Harry Potter due to the pro-ginger storyline. 😉

It's odd that it's better financially to write off a nearly complete film than to air it on HBO Max. It's not like there hasn't been movies that have been successful after poor early viewings, and it's not like DC hasn't released some crap over the years.
Sad but true

Who'd have thought that giving a spin off character their own movie without properly establishing the primary character in the universe first was going to be a bad idea. Look at Venom, Morbius, etc

Bazal

Post Whore
Finally saw Thor L&T today, and I will say I enjoyed it more than I expected, probably because I went into it expecting a comedy.
Having said that, I may never have an urge to see it again. No substance to it. The characters have no arc or depth (apart from Jane and Gorr). Emotional scenes have no weight. Thor character is just a goof.

Also belated but the bub had her shots today so needed something to watch and the missus wouldn't be down with Dr Strange

I actually (mostly) enjoyed it, but it felt like a movie in two halves? The stuff with the GOTG just felt forced and awkward and shouldn't have been there IMO. It sort of took a bit to recover but once it got into the Gorr stuff it was a whole different movie. Bale was excellent. I just wish they'd sacked the first third, out in more build up for the God Butcher instead. The end was quite good but without much character building for Gorr it felt very sudden?

Still it was solid at worst. I've heard it was worse than Morbius which lmao no.