What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

Zoidberg

First Grade
Think I might get around to watching She Hulk and Ms Marvel now that I can watch the entire series’ in a few days.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
These scores are beyond useless now. Waves of moronic losers downvote anything at the hint of "wokeness", and people who contribute to critics scores upvote "diversity" productions out of obligation so more of them are made.

Richard C. Meyer is probably the only honest person in the entire anti-DC/Marvel Comics wokeness mob and he said he loved the She-Hulk finale and that it was very close to the comics.

Neckbeards in their basements all over the states would have started the negative ratings on this before the series even started regardless of how good/bad it ended up being just because it is about a female

gUt

Coach
Pre-emptively provoking those neckbeards (and even false-flagging the negative reviews) is part of the marketing strategy now. All we can do is decide for ourselves and delete our Twitter accounts.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Just back from Black Adam and I liked it. There was a bit of cheesiness, the actual villain came in too late, and not all the characters were written well, but it was enjoyable and Black Adam himself is now a character I’d like to see more of.
7/10

Game_Breaker

Coach
Just back from Black Adam and I liked it. There was a bit of cheesiness, the actual villain came in too late, and not all the characters were written well, but it was enjoyable and Black Adam himself is now a character I’d like to see more of.
7/10

I didn’t mind it.
Still terrible story telling and clunky
Justice society just seemed forced. But at least he’s in the universe now, like an Anti Hero more than a villain

Best part of the film is probably the post credit scene

Matua

Bench
I thought Black Adam was pretty average, watchable but average. Even though Snyder is not involved anymore much of it felt Snyder inspired with too many slow-mos and a lots of dark cinematography especially early on (I assume this is a good thing for Snyder fans but I'm not a fan of his style so it wasn't for me).

It was strange that the hot Mum spoke with an accent but everyone else in the city had US accents.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Watched black panther last night.

Put some effort into developing the arc of a few supporting characters which is something marvel hasn't been the best at. Losing their main character before shooting obviously threw a massive spanner in the works in terms of plot and story so it wasn't too bad but probably didn't need to be 2.5hrs long
One thing that was a bit painful, Angela Bassett does that rolling R thing with accent, director thinks it sounds cool (which it does) but then demands her script be rewritten to make sure she has to do it in every second word and really drag it out

Game_Breaker

Coach
Watched black panther last night.

Put some effort into developing the arc of a few supporting characters which is something marvel hasn't been the best at. Losing their main character before shooting obviously threw a massive spanner in the works in terms of plot and story so it wasn't too bad but probably didn't need to be 2.5hrs long
One thing that was a bit painful, Angela Bassett does that rolling R thing with accent, director thinks it sounds cool (which it does) but then demands her script be rewritten to make sure she has to do it in every second word and really drag it out

She gave a powerful performance
I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say probably the best performance in the MCU
You'll have to go to a DC movie for a better performance in a comic book movie (2 Jokers stand out)

As for movie, it was great. Motivations for Aquaman from wish.com could've been written better. Would like to explore their world more

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
She gave a powerful performance
I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say probably the best performance in the MCU
You'll have to go to a DC movie for a better performance in a comic book movie (2 Jokers stand out)

As for movie, it was great. Motivations for Aquaman from wish.com could've been written better. Would like to explore their world more
I heard somone call them "aquatar" and made me chuckle.

Matua

Bench
Just saw Wakanda Forever. Pretty disappointing if I'm being honest. I was just on the right side of being interested and not bored. I can't pin it down but it just seemed to be lacking something, especially compared with top tier Marvel but also with the two releases already this year.

The story just seemed to be lacking, the villain was pretty average, the two best scenes were the cameo and the final scene with the old footage.

I found it hugely stupid that Wakanda went from being the powerhouse of the world to being taken out in one scene by foot flying man and his Navi.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Finally saw Wakanda Forever yesterday and it’s one of the better Phase 4 movies, No Way Home is my favourite, but the movie misses Chadwick massively.

Timbo

Staff member
I have a powerful dislike of Letitia Wright after all of her COVID nonsense so I really didn't enjoy her being front and centre in a new film.

As a movie, it was fine. I just couldn't really get into it. There were a few too many issues situating the movie within the universe to make sense to me.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Just watched the guardians of the Galaxy holiday special. Bit of tongue in cheek fun and gives mantis the steering wheel to be a major character for awhile.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Just watched the guardians of the Galaxy holiday special. Bit of tongue in cheek fun and gives mantis the steering wheel to be a major character for awhile.
I’m a bit 50/50 with James Gunn’s humour. His films have some good jokes but a lot of misses for me too. The holiday special is pretty much the same, just ok. It did make me want to watch Guardians 1 and 2 again, the first one being Gunn’s best I think.

Latest posts