What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

ACTPanthers

Bench
It may be obvious (given the profile picture) but I am a massive Black Panther fan and was devastated when Chadwick passed away. I always figured they'd go with the Shuri Black Panther given the comics went that way so I was really excited to see it.

So going in with rose coloured glasses to begin with, I was actually a little disappointed. I loved the beginning (yeah I cried a little) with the T'Challa tribute, and the introduction of Ironheart. I liked the choice of Namor as the antagonist, he's a great character in the comics. But for me, there just wasn't enough "Black Panther" for a Black Panther movie.

Now, I know that the heart shaped herd was destroyed in the first one, and that's a big reason why Shuri takes so long to become the Black Panther, but we got like what? 8 mins of an actual Black Panther on the screen?

Probably sounds like a stupid thing to find annoying, but it annoyed me.

LOVED the ending and the introduction of a young T'Challa (again, I may have teared up a little, but I did say I'm a massive Black Panther fan. Have been since I was 6)

Zoidberg

First Grade
I watched the first Spider-man movie last night for the first time in a loooong time.
Still holds up really well. The emotional beats hit me a bit harder now. Fairly cheesy in some places. Love the amount of swinging, which we don’t get much of in the newer movies.

Munky

Coach
Watched Wakanda Forever.

Either my TV doesn't like Disney Plus or the movie looks really bad. Had a weird washed out quality.

Was kind of boring too.

The water battle was no where near the spectacle of Aqua Man either which was a shame.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The Guardians trailer is the first marvel movie i've been excited about since no way home. Sadly for Marvel no more James Gunn movies.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The only thing that got me excited in the Flash trailer was Micheal Keaton as Batman, the rest was pretty mid if you asked me.

And why does Super girl look Ezra Miller??? Does she go on a crime spree like him???

Zoidberg

First Grade
The only thing that got me excited in the Flash trailer was Micheal Keaton as Batman, the rest was pretty mid if you asked me.

And why does Super girl look Ezra Miller??? Does she go on a crime spree like him???
I’m a big fan of the “Snyderverse” movies so seeing glimpses of Man of Steel gets me excited.
I can accept they aren’t moving forward with that universe but if they use this movie to “erase” things from them I will not be a fan.

Matua

Bench
I’m a big fan of the “Snyderverse” movies so seeing glimpses of Man of Steel gets me excited.
I can accept they aren’t moving forward with that universe but if they use this movie to “erase” things from them I will not be a fan.
I'm the direct opposite of you, I can't stand the Snyderverse movies (but I still went to see them so more fool me) so I'll have no problem if they use this to erase things, but, wasn't this filmed long before the new creative direction was decided on?