What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

shiznit

Coach
Been stuck in a hospital bed all week so FINALLY got to binge a few shows on the IPad

one of which… Gen V… f**kING AMAZING!

The Boys universe is so f**king good I almost want them to bring out a feature film.

Everything about the spin-off is brilliant… from the funny moments to the meta moments to the action scenes…

it was kinda what new mutants should have been in a lot of ways.

best thing about it is it did something very rare for a spin-off… it left me absolutely pumped for not just season 2 of Gen V but also for the next season of the Boys.

brilliant!

shiznit

Coach
Don’t know if anyone’s watched What if season 2… it’s actually a hell of a series.

Highlight for mine was the Hela story… Then there’s the weird 1600’s avengers story which was pretty funny.

Zoidberg

First Grade
The Marvels. I know Marvel has been a bit down on quality lately but geez. I thought this was really bad. First half hour was ok, thought it was building to something good, then it just goes off the rails and comes up with shit out of nowhere that was just cringeworthy.
Defintely not for me.

Zoidberg

First Grade
DP & Wolverine looks good but it feels like the most hype Marvel films get now is when they bring back actors/characters from pre-MCU films.
That won’t last long.

shiznit

Coach
Going to watch Deadpool & Wolverine in a few hours.

lfg-wolverine.gif

shiznit

Coach
Enjoyed the shit out that movie.

Action is f**king awesome, jokes are hilarious and the cameo’s are awesome and there are shitloads of them… lol

The plot was pretty thin though… but I think it’s more about the team up than anything else.

I do wonder if the jokes will hit for general audiences though… lots of in-jokes which unless you know a lot of the behind the scenes stuff may well go over their heads…

but they all hit for this comic book movie dork… lol

Frederick

Staff member
Plot wise, it was very run of the mill. But no-ones seeing it for the plot.

Seeing Jackman play Wolverine completely free of all restraints was a thing of beauty. And the cameos - oh my, some very unexpected ones in there

A guy at work today said he's thinking of going to see it but isn't sure if he needs to know anything going into it. I don't think he's watched Loki so would get lost with a lot of that stuff, but I'm sure he'd still enjoy it in his own way

Reactions: MRN

MRN

Bench
I could go into how much I was gushing while watching it, but I'm just gonna say, infinite out of 10 for including Turn The Radio Up by Eric Carmen, which is clearly superior to Hungry Eyes.

Frederick

Staff member
I could go into how much I was gushing while watching it, but I'm just gonna say, infinite out of 10 for including Turn The Radio Up by Eric Carmen, which is clearly superior to Hungry Eyes.
0 out of ten for getting the title wrong (it's Make Me Lose Control)

But yes, it's by far Carmen's best song

Reactions: MRN

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Just got back from it.

Yep great fun which is what you expect from a Deadpool movie. Very funny and some great fight scenes.

Agree that the plot was pretty meh and the ending doesn’t tie into anything in particular which I found disappointing.

Maybe I’m being greedy but I think I expected a few more cameos? I mean there’s plenty but with the build up I thought it was going to be crazy loose with them. There was a couple of ones that I didn’t seem any rumours about prior though which was cool (not that I was actively looking).

I don’t think it’s 100% necessary but having watched Loki would obviously help make sense of the background. I think some casual fans might struggle with the in jokes etc

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Watching Deadpool today, hope there is not too much TVA crap in it.

I just hope they take the piss out of the disastrous Phase Bore as much as possible.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Deadpool was brilliant, cameo's were fantastic.

Hilarious with plenty of heart, the fox end of credits scene was great as well.

Game_Breaker

Coach
It was a fun movie, great jokes. I can appreciate good jokes in movies and tv shows but usually I’ll just exhale through my nose and smile maybe. The jokes in this movie actually made me laugh
Especially the Gambit dialect coach joke lol
I’m glad they didn’t make that movie
I thought his wife Blake would be Ladypool, that would’ve hilarious

And ofcourse the Wolverine mask was epic. Finally got to see that on the big screen and was well worth it

Plot was dogshit, let’s be honest. If they had a better plot this could’ve been a classic.