What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Countdown begins.....

thommo4pm

Coach
Feb 4 is the date is it not for the World Club Challenge?

90days to go until that match, or basically 3 months from yesterday.

104 days to go until the Charity Shield(go the mighty Red V)

124 days until the big one, the opening of the 2006 NRL season which we are all dying for.

But bring on Feb 4 first so we all have a taste of what lies in store for season 2006.....
I hate the Tigers and don't care for Bradford, but I will be hanging for this match once the Tri-Nations finish.

Let the Countdown begin.

Daza_06

Juniors
good start with a new topic. i know ill be countin down the days. All the sports now are soo boring.

I don't know when the super 14 starts but i know that is before the NRL season does. I was watchin it before this season and to me it made me found how much better league is and relief once the NRL season started

thommo4pm

Coach
82 days until the World Club Challenge

96 days until the Charity Shield

116 days until Rd 1 of the NRL season 2006.

It's getting closer.:D

thommo4pm

Coach
parra_panther said:
I'm keeping an eye on the cricket, but February can not come soon enough - footy!

I like the cricket and I watch it, but it just doesn't cut it for me in the excitement dept. like Rugby League does...in fact I don't think there is another sport that does have the excitement(for me anyway) of Rugby League.

thommo4pm said:
I like the cricket and I watch it, but it just doesn't cut it for me in the excitement dept. like Rugby League does...in fact I don't think there is another sport that does have the excitement(for me anyway) of Rugby League.

:clap:

Raider_69

Post Whore
Cricket is a part time filler, does enough to keep the sporting juices at bay during off season... nothing compairs to the footy

tiger_nick

Bench
I wonder if all this Thompson V Saints drama will affect their 2006 aspirations of regaining the Charity Shield?

MightySharks

Bench
Nothing comes close to League, bit I must admit I am excited about going to the soccer on Wednesday night. I lvoe being in Telstra stadium when it is full.

Go Aussie Go! Give it to that other U-R-Gay team.

After the soccer back to the countdown to the worls'd only real sport!

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
Guys, fishing is all you need over the offseason. Just thinking about all those Pelagics coming on the bite, OOOHHH YEAH!!!

bullmaster

Juniors
Why are u so eager for the season to start??

Last time I saw you were still teary eyed about the ever choking DRAGQUEENS gettin' knocked out by the eventual premiers WESTS TIGERS!!:lol:

U should really give yourself time to greive before getting yourself excited to have it happen again next year.

The Tigers will belt the Bulls in the WCC then hand you a massive loss for the Dragons first game of the season!

thommo4pm said:
Feb 4 is the date is it not for the World Club Challenge?

90days to go until that match, or basically 3 months from yesterday.

104 days to go until the Charity Shield(go the mighty Red V)

124 days until the big one, the opening of the 2006 NRL season which we are all dying for.

But bring on Feb 4 first so we all have a taste of what lies in store for season 2006.....
I hate the Tigers and don't care for Bradford, but I will be hanging for this match once the Tri-Nations finish.

Let the Countdown begin.

thommo4pm

Coach
bullmaster said:
Why are u so eager for the season to start??

Last time I saw you were still teary eyed about the ever choking DRAGQUEENS gettin' knocked out by the eventual premiers WESTS TIGERS!!:lol:

U should really give yourself time to greive before getting yourself excited to have it happen again next year.

The Tigers will belt the Bulls in the WCC then hand you a massive loss for the Dragons first game of the season!

Mate like your side, you talk the talk, but you can't walk the walk.....
:lol: :lol:
You didn't knock us out, it was Mander and you know it, and you agreed to it at work on the following Monday too. :?

Ahhhh you gotta love the off-season footy banter don't you.

bullmaster

Juniors
Your right mate! we didn't walk the walk.

We jogged....all the way around telstra stadium, when we were doing our lap of honour with the premiership trophy.

The Dragons can do it too, when they take the charity sheild on a lap of honour early next year!;-)

thommo4pm said:
Mate like your side, you talk the talk, but you can't walk the walk.....
:lol: :lol:
You didn't knock us out, it was Mander and you know it, and you agreed to it at work on the following Monday too. :?

Ahhhh you gotta love the off-season footy banter don't you.

thommo4pm

Coach
bullmaster said:
Your right mate! we didn't walk the walk.

We jogged....all the way around telstra stadium, when we were doing our lap of honour with the premiership trophy.

The Dragons can do it too, when they take the charity sheild on a lap of honour early next year!;-)

Oh the irony....
This coming from a so called Tigers fan who wanted to sack Scott Prince after Rd 10 and buy Monaghan from Manly. Do you remember which Dragons fan in the office(and there is only one) told you that he would have Prince over Monaghan every day of th week. You didn't agree though. Weren't you bagging your team like no other at that point in time and even called them heartless and pathetic after losing to Penrith in Rd 26. Quality supporters the Tigers lot.

thommo4pm

Coach
thommo4pm said:
82 days until the World Club Challenge

96 days until the Charity Shield

116 days until Rd 1 of the NRL season 2006.

It's getting closer.:D

69 days until the World Club Challenge.

83 days until the Charity Shield.

103 days until Rd 1 of the NRL season.

As the trials begin to get announced I'll include them in this thread also.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Trials were announced long ago.

Trials – 17/2-19/2

Eels vs Storm (Griffith)

Dragons vs Rabbitohs (Telstra Stadium)

Broncos vs Raiders (Port Macquarie)

Tigers – not playing one

Cowboys vs Warriors (Cairns)

Sharks vs Bulldogs (Mollymook)

Manly vs Roosters (Gosford)

Panthers vs Knights (Alice Springs)

Trials – 24/2 – 26/2

Eels vs Panthers (Port Macquarie)

Dragons vs Roosters (WIN Stadium)

Broncs vs Storm (Toowoomba)

Tigers vs Sea Eagles (Brookvale Oval)

Cowboys vs Rabbitohs (Mackay)

Sharks vs Knights (Coffs Harbour)

Bulldogs vs Warriors (Gold Coast)

thommo4pm

Coach
dodge said:
Trials were announced long ago.

Trials – 17/2-19/2

Eels vs Storm (Griffith)

Dragons vs Rabbitohs (Telstra Stadium)

Broncos vs Raiders (Port Macquarie)

Tigers – not playing one

Cowboys vs Warriors (Cairns)

Sharks vs Bulldogs (Mollymook)

Manly vs Roosters (Gosford)

Panthers vs Knights (Alice Springs)

Trials – 24/2 – 26/2

Eels vs Panthers (Port Macquarie)

Dragons vs Roosters (WIN Stadium)

Broncs vs Storm (Toowoomba)

Tigers vs Sea Eagles (Brookvale Oval)

Cowboys vs Rabbitohs (Mackay)

Sharks vs Knights (Coffs Harbour)

Bulldogs vs Warriors (Gold Coast)

Yes you are right, sorry about that, I had forgotten. Thanks for putting that up. Cheers.

Latest posts