What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Cowboys are destroying Thurston's legacy

Should JT be an Immortal?

• No

• Yes

• BunniesMan is an idiot

Results are only viewable after voting.

ellskimore

Juniors
You're looking at this wrong. What this has proved is that Michael Morgan will also be an immortal.

glockers

Juniors
JT is good, but what this does along with Queensland's origin performance without him is raise a question about his ranking in comparison with Cronk, Smith, Slater and yes Lockyer.

Personally I put at least of three of those origin teammates/former teammates above him.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
JT is good, but what this does along with Queensland's origin performance without him is raise a question about his ranking in comparison with Cronk, Smith, Slater and yes Lockyer.

Personally I put at least of three of those origin teammates/former teammates above him.
Thurston will only be remembered for three things....

A stupid laugh

Greasy unwashed hair

Amateur angel wing tattoos on his back.

'Nough said....

mozza91

Coach
It's not destroying his legacy but it certainly creates a counter argument for him becoming an immortal for mine.

kbw

Bench
Think about this Mr Bunniesman.
Jonathon Thurston (probably future immortal) has more impact when he is injured than your pretender does (Inglis) whenever he actually plays

Tommy Smith

Referee
This isn't about Thurston. This is about Paul Green, Michael Morgan and Jason Taumalolo.

Green has proven to be an unbelievable coach.

And who knew Michael Morgan was this good? Certainly not Michael Morgan until embracing the opportunity. He's playing the halfback position in finals footy at a level higher than any I've seen since Joey Johns in 2001.

As for Lolo, let's be honest he's probably the greatest forward since Artie Beetson. The game has never been so physically demanding and yet he single handedly dominates the field position and momentum battle. He's an Immortal in waiting.

So this isn't about hurting JTs legacy. It's a story of enhancing the legacy of the above 3.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Good point tommy but to be fair both Thurston and Morgan have been made to look like greats by Mitchy Pearce.

Shorty

Staff member
Thurston is quite clearly coaching both Morgan and Lowe.
There are Thurston like plays throughout Morgan and TMM play making...and Lowe's kicking....
So no, if anything it strengthens his legacy because his heirs are playing just like him.

Additional note it's also likely Scott is mentoring Bolton, who's stepped up bigtime.