What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Darkness

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Has anyone heard of this band??

Apparently their going to be the next biggest rock act & have just finished filming a music clip for a new song down here in Australia.

I've heard they are......GLAM!!!.....and they are very much like my old favourite rock groups of the 80's.....hair/clothes/sound everything.

Im getting excited if this is true.....im looking to find some of their songs right now....so i can hear for myself.

Has anyone heard of them.....and if so will i like??

Le Rouge

Juniors
The singer cracks me up cos he sings a tad too high pitched :p

But they are good if u into leather and hair bands, they programmed rage the other week and put on some oldies i had forgotten.

Samwise

Bench
The cd has been on high rotation in my car for the last week, I'm a huge fan. Very old school glam rock. Ron you will cream yourself when you see this band. They are awesome live too.

Once Dead

Bench
Ron Jeremy said:

Apparently their going to be the next biggest rock act & have just finished filming a music clip for a new song down here in Australia.

I've heard they are......GLAM!!!.....and they are very much like my old favourite rock groups of the 80's.....hair/clothes/sound everything.

Im getting excited if this is true.....im looking to find some of their songs right now....so i can hear for myself.

Has anyone heard of them.....and if so will i like??

Ron, i don't know if you will like the vocals.....that's the only downfall with this band......otherwise they are faultless

Samwise

Bench
The vocals are a little of a shock when you hear them for the first time, the lead singers voice can get quite high but he can sustain it quite well so its really grown on me lately.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Ron, i don't know if you will like the vocals.....that's the only downfall with this band......otherwise they are faultless

Im just downloading " Growing on Me" now......and i must say his voice is very similar to that of Robert Smith from the Cure!!

It sounds pretty good.....i love a good voice high or not!!....they sound similar to old style Kiss....well this song anyway.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Samwise said:
The vocals are a little of a shock when you hear them for the first time, the lead singers voice can get quite high but he can sustain it quite well so its really grown on me lately.

I just heard that !! :lol: :lol:

So what i reckon it's great!!.....remember Paul Stanley & Vince Neil from the Crue are as high as you can get.....and i love it!!

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Im really enjoying this!!!......IMO he sounds like Robert Smith & the guitarist is a rip off of Brian May from Queen.....but never the less i really like it!!

For people who haven't heard it.....the band is very differen't.....more what i like...however if your really into high notes, guitar and catchy lyric's this is the band!!!

They sound very much like late 70's early 80's!!

Anonymous

Juniors
I love the Darkness... got their CD a while back and went to their sideshow during the BDO. They absolutely kick arse live. Got a couple of pics while I was there...

darkness01.jpg

darkness02.jpg

darkness04.jpg

Godz Illa

Coach
Impellitteri said:

My thoughts exactly. The lofty falsetto is fine in moderation, but in large doses, like say a whole album, it tends to grate. However, I do like most of their songs ('Growing On Me' is a pearler), and they are tremendous live.

Houdini

First Grade
I just brought this cd on the weekend and I love it.
Yeah, the vocals are pretty high, but I don't mind it too much.

If they are predicting the Darkness to be the next big thing, it doesn't surprise me at all. This cd is already a favourite of mine

Ron Jeremy said:

I think they "impersonate" that Queen band a little too much... if you catch my drift.

Not a totally bad band though. They were at the Big Day Out so I'm not sure if they've got another tour anytime soon.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I saw them at the Big Day Out and wasn't impressed, they just didn't rock hard enough for me. The Datsuns were way better.
As for the singer's falsetto, he just doesn't cut it compared to Bruce Dickinson or Eric Adams from Manowar (now there's some REAL cheese for you!)