What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The desperation of a dying club......

As I see by most of the resent posts on this site,

are Red and Green faithful getting a little bit nervous?? Or

in Franko's case down right paranoid.....

Will your club attract anyone??

Did they go about it the wrong way, coming out and saying that:

"We’ve got $2 million to spend,"

As the Beatles said:
"I don't care too much for money, so I’m not going to Souths"

Franko

Juniors
Johnny Nitro and The Vipers said:

As the Beatles said:

Paranoid , bored at work looking for gibber all the same.

griff

Bench
Souths had their chance to attract some great players when they had all that hype and goodwill when they first came back into the comp.

Unfortunately they recruited really poorly. I think this was due to a conflict of interest as the man responsible for Souths recruitment, Phil Gould, was also involved with the Roosters. So an Origin and Australian rep like Craig Wing, who would have been likely to return, was not even offered a contract by Souths.

Now it's going to be tough for them to recruit anyone because no-one wants to go to a un-competitive team. They had to be competitive from the start.

They probably have to look outside the NRL to recruit anyone. They can offer a much better lifestyle to people currently in English RL, South African RU etc.

Gipper

Juniors
griff said:
They probably have to look outside the NRL to recruit anyone. They can offer a much better lifestyle to people currently in English RL, South African RU etc.

South African RU? Doubt it... Although Brian Habana would be the coup of the century

rabs

Staff member
Johnny Nitro and The Vipers said:

As the Beatles said:

we don't need any big signings dipsh*t, we got boom juniors coming through all the time, in 5 years we'll be up there

Bubbabunny

Juniors
u gotta have balls to support a club thats bottom of the table its easy to say yeah i support last years premiers f*** that just look at soccer in britain u dont see chelsea supporters whinging about the fact that 50 years separate wins in there club souths are the oldest and frankly no matter what anyone says they will always be the best and most respected club in league

Bubbabunny

Juniors
and another thing do you think anyones gona give a s*** if any other club wins premiers when south sydney do no one will forget it u ignorant upstarts will realise what real football is all about

Bubbabunny said:
and another thing do you think anyones gona give a s*** if any other club wins premiers when south sydney do no one will forget it u ignorant upstarts will realise what real football is all about

Soccer.

Bubbabunny

Juniors
and what im talking about is faith in a club and sportsmanship or have the roosters forgotten what that is??? are they going to sell off the rest of the club if they dont get premiers?

Bubbabunny said:
and what im talking about is faith in a club and sportsmanship or have the roosters forgotten what that is??? are they going to sell off the rest of the club if they dont get premiers?

What bit of the club have they sold off ??

Crocker, Webb, Cayless are leaving.

Crocker because the club do not want him as he is ill disciplined and a bit of a liability.

Webb is a fringe first grader and will get more first grade at Souths so it is a better option for Webby and for Souths too.

Cayless I am disappointed he is going but within the rules of our game we aren't allowed to match the money that Wigan is offering.

Your club has to keep evolving it is how Canterbury and Brisbane are always near the top of the tree.

Yeah I am afraid that you's are a breeding ground.

People use you as a platform.

Same with the knights except our juniors mostly want to stay but there just isnt the opportunity for them.