What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Development

shadowboxer

First Grade
The hill next to the summer time bar has some great memories of warm beer, and general revelry but I agree, I’m too old to be standing up.

yadamisha

Juniors
Are they planning to turn it into an all seater stadium in other words?

Positive move if it is, I've never been a fan of the hill.
Still a hill but terraced (stepped) around the corners. The family hill is a hill but with areas for the food trucks along the top etc. New entrance gates in the NE where the toilet block is/was.

Ozzi_78

First Grade

That’s not how I read it.
Are they “levels” on the hill like Newcastle?
Also that entrance on the north east corner… looks dramatic but how many enter from there even when shopping centre / club is done?

yadamisha

Juniors
That’s not how I read it.
Are they “levels” on the hill like Newcastle?
Also that entrance on the north east corner… looks dramatic but how many enter from there even when shopping centre / club is done?
Yes the Newcastle ones are probably a good example of the terraces. The NE entrance will be next to an entrance to the shopping centre (where all the water front restaurants will be so if you eat there first this will be your entrance) and come off the pathway which leads right along the waterfront and wraps around the back of the hill.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Sou
Yes the Newcastle ones are probably a good example of the terraces. The NE entrance will be next to an entrance to the shopping centre (where all the water front restaurants will be so if you eat there first this will be your entrance) and come off the pathway which leads right along the waterfront and wraps around the back of the hill.
Sounds awesome mate. Appreciate your info as always. Any word on what the total grant might be? My concern was always that the leagues club would leave the ground behind in this process but it sounds like the makeover will fit in nicely now.

yadamisha

Juniors
Sou

Sounds awesome mate. Appreciate your info as always. Any word on what the total grant might be? My concern was always that the leagues club would leave the ground behind in this process but it sounds like the makeover will fit in nicely now.
No anxiously awaiting the official announcement as well which will then dictate how much of the plans/proposal will be funded by the external parties and whether this influences anything of what is happening on the eastern side now. The above though is before council already so is funded by the club I suspect, based on what they have said.

Croz Au

Juniors
No anxiously awaiting the official announcement as well which will then dictate how much of the plans/proposal will be funded by the external parties and whether this influences anything of what is happening on the eastern side now. The above though is before council already so is funded by the club I suspect, based on what they have said.
Plenty to go around :)
Though Other locations were suggested for the facility.

nah no seats.
as yadam said. the terraced hill.

i very much doubt they would do it as leveled as Newcastle. itll be pretty tame.

Food truck thing at the hill will be good. presume the jumping castle will remain

Ozzi_78

First Grade
nah no seats.
as yadam said. the terraced hill.

i very much doubt they would do it as leveled as Newcastle. itll be pretty tame.

Food truck thing at the hill will be good. presume the jumping castle will remain
Agree it can’t be like Newcastle. It would reduce capacity and be dangerous as kids would be falling over edges everywhere.

It will be interesting to see what it looks like.

I’m hoping no more time away from shark park though.

Agree it can’t be like Newcastle. It would reduce capacity and be dangerous as kids would be falling over edges everywhere.

It will be interesting to see what it looks like.

I’m hoping no more time away from shark park though.

if they do a revamp as planned (the old plans, im not sure if that's on the table any more) with the ET side then thats probably at least a season away.

however id say we will play at the sfs, not shithole oval.

I would say that any money the sharks get would be prioritised as follows

#1 - Broadcast and Comms facilities. Reason we cant play finals at sharks is the broadcast and comms is even worse than brookie. so you would spemnd money there to get things up to standard.
#2 - more corporate facilities for higher spending clients and sponsors
#2 - amenities incl toilets, food facilities etc revamped

i don't believe there would be enough money forthcoming to do major stadium renos.
but perhaps if the money matches the nsw state govt money from a couple years back, the comms and broadcast stuff could be included within that work.

if they do a revamp as planned (the old plans, im not sure if that's on the table any more) with the ET side then thats probably at least a season away.

#1 - Broadcast and Comms facilities. Reason we cant play finals at sharks is the broadcast and comms is even worse than brookie. so you would spemnd money there to get things up to standard.

i don't believe there would be enough money forthcoming to do major stadium renos.
but perhaps if the money matches the nsw state govt money from a couple years back, the comms and broadcast stuff could be included within that work.
They also couldn't play finals there because of player facilities, more notably, they need a couple that are able to be used for the WNRL.

Tiger Shark

Bench

Going off the video presser they did for members a while back they eluded to it being the same plan, maybe in principal atleast.
I believe those plans had all the things you mentioned so not sure how you could peacemeal it and not do all of it?
So hopefully there’s enough money to cover it.

As for going away from Shark park, I’d imagine they have to. No doubt the shit fans will complain but it’s for the betterment of the club.

Suppose they could do it over two off seasons? Or they are just away from home the first half of a year?

Croz Au

Juniors
Wou
Going off the video presser they did for members a while back they eluded to it being the same plan, maybe in principal atleast.
I believe those plans had all the things you mentioned so not sure how you could peacemeal it and not do all of it?
So hopefully there’s enough money to cover it.

As for going away from Shark park, I’d imagine they have to. No doubt the shit fans will complain but it’s for the betterment of the club.

Suppose they could do it over two off seasons? Or they are just away from home the first half of a year?
The plan that was floating around previously, incorporated facilities for sponsors, coaching, media, change rooms, front of house, and some additional seating for corporate sponsors, whilst minimal for GA.

AdelaideSharky

Juniors
They also couldn't play finals there because of player facilities, more notably, they need a couple that are able to be used for the WNRL.
Pretty sure the NRL stopped having finals at suburban grounds after St Merge insisted on having their semi final against Parra at Oki Dokilee Oval in 2009 which shut out thousands of fans from going to the game.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Pretty sure the NRL stopped having finals at suburban grounds after St Merge insisted on having their semi final against Parra at Oki Dokilee Oval in 2009 which shut out thousands of fans from going to the game.
2010 I reckon. Against Manly they only drew 15,000 people. First year Sydney teams had to host at a major stadium was 2011.

Latest posts