What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The DRAW 2010

Pistol

Coach
Pre-Season Exhibition (21 Feb - 03 Mar)

2009 All Stars v Marauders

Round 1 (07 Mar - 17 Mar) coincides with NRL season start (12 Mar)

Bluebags v Titans
Eels v Panthers
Souths v Dragons

Bye: Easts

Round 2 (21 Mar - 31 Mar)

Bluebags v Souths
Dragons v Titans
Eels v Easts

Bye: Panthers

Round 3 (04 Apr - 14 Apr)

Panthers v Bluebags
Titans v Eels
Dragons v Easts

Bye: Souths

Round 4 (18 Apr - 28 Apr)

Easts v Titans
Souths v Panthers
Eels v Dragons

Bye: Bluebags

Australia/NZ Test (02 May - 12 May) coincides with Oz/NZ Test (07 May)

Round 5 (16 May - 26 May)

Bluebags v Eels
Titans v Souths
Easts v Panthers
Bye: Dragons

The Willow Cup (Mid-Season Knock-Out)

Round 1 (30 May - 09 Jun) 7 clubs/ceded draw (leading club on points ladder automatically bye to Round 2)

Round 2 (13 Jun - 19 Jun) remaining 4 clubs

Final (20 Jun - 26 Jun)

State of Origin (27 Jun - 08 Jul) coincides with lead-up to Origin 3 (07 Jul) with extended deadline.

Round 6 (11 Jul - 21 Jul)

Dragons v Bluebags
Panthers v Titans
Souths v Easts

Bye: Eels

Round 7 (25 Jul - 04 Aug)

Easts v Bluebags
Panthers v Dragons
Eels v Souths
Bye: Titans

Qualifying Finals (08 Aug - 18 Aug)

A. Team 2 v Team 3
B. Team 3 v Team 4

Semi Finals (22 Aug - 01 Sep)

C. Team 1 v Winner A
D. Loser A v Winner B

Preliminary Final (05 Sep - 15 Sep)

E. Loser C v Winner D

Grand Final (19 Sep - 29 Sep) coincides with lead-up to NRL GF (03 Oct)

F. Winner C v Winner E

Four Nations

Round 1 (03 Oct - 10 Oct)

New Zealand vs Papua New Guinea
Australia vs Great Britain

Round 2 (13 Oct - 20 Oct)

Papua New Guinea vs Australia
Great Britain vs New Zealand

Round 3 (24 Oct - 30 Oct}

New Zealand vs Australia
Great Britain vs Papua New Guinea

Final (03 Nov - 10 Nov) lead-up to 4N final (13 Nov)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
It's a beaut draw Titanic. As mentioned in committee, I think the time is right for a mid-season cup. Quite an honour to have it named after this newbie, but it's about the F7s. Just like the UK's Challenge Cup and FA Cup, the great thing about the concept is that it gives every team a second chance to grab a first class trophy, thereby adding a whole new dimension to the game.

I have no issues with a top five, makes for an interesting final round of the minor premiership.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Round 5 should be extended to Thursday 27 May because the first SOO is on the night before.

bartman

Immortal
Hi all, I know there's another whole round beforehand but can I just clarify something about the Willow Cup?

Has the format been stated/announced, in terms of how many players per team, and how many words per article or whether there are themes or not?

I think I recall some discussion when the idea was mooted but have looked around and can't find the details formally announced anywhere.

Just wanting to plan ahead for the team and make sure there are enough hands on deck for cup and regular season duty in the coming months.

Ta.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I recall it's 3v3.

All first class matches that go towards player's stats.

It needs to be put down in writing. Seeding the fixtures has to be looked at. It's a knock out comp and we have an odd number of teams. So I think we need to call in the services of the Marauders.

I suggest...

(Based on team standings on the ladder after round 5)

Round 1:
A: 2nd v 5th
B: 3rd v 6th
C: 4th v 7th
D: 1st v Marauders

Round 2:
E: Winners A v Winners B
F: Winners C v Winners D

Final:
Winners E v Winners F

Willow

Assistant Moderator
P.S. Don't recall the topics or 500 words. I thought that apart from being 3v3, it was business as usual. Happy to be corrected.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
From memory, 1st place got a bye. If anything, 7th should face the Mauraders, they'd be hard to knock off.
How would that work in a knock out comp?

Has anyone put together a schedule?

Marauders would be weakened imo. The 1st team should play them to give them the best chance of advancing to round 2. This being true to the concept of a seeded knock-out comp.

bartman

Immortal
I think there's a schedule as part of the draw, either in here or on the website? I recall that the team running first at the time of the cup earned a bye into the second round.

Sounds fine to me, I think it would be hard to find a Marauders at that time of year? So agree with Willow's seeding minus the Marauders with a bye instead.

I remember the idea of 500 words kicking around, and I think it would make for something a bit different/interesting? But if it's meant to be business as usual and for first class stats, then 750 with no special themes it has to be.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I recall that the team running first at the time of the cup earned a bye into the second round.

Sounds fine to me, I think it would be hard to find a Marauders at that time of year? So agree with Willow's seeding minus the Marauders with a bye instead.

I can't remember exactly. But yeah, on second thoughts the bye makes more sense.