What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Duges-How will he go in the Red V?

Elias1983

Coach
The pleasing thing reading the papers this morning is Dugan is truly appreciative of this 2nd chance he has.

The amount of times he has said it and the interview after the game he explained how the team "welcomed him with open arms", he explaine also how the team trained longer this week to help him with his fitness.

I think it certainly has made an impression on Dugan, he was beaming from ear to ear when they flashed his old man up on screen, couple that with the great start he had I think we will reading in 6-7 weeks time about dugan re-signing with us for 2-3 years.

The Enforcer

Juniors
The pleasing thing reading the papers this morning is Dugan is truly appreciative of this 2nd chance he has.

The amount of times he has said it and the interview after the game he explained how the team "welcomed him with open arms", he explaine also how the team trained longer this week to help him with his fitness.

I think it certainly has made an impression on Dugan, he was beaming from ear to ear when they flashed his old man up on screen, couple that with the great start he had I think we will reading in 6-7 weeks time about dugan re-signing with us for 2-3 years.
The million dollar question is how will he handle things when they aren't going so well ?

Elias1983

Coach
The million dollar question is how will he handle things when they aren't going so well ?

Well given that he has already making improvements with his off-field behaviour I think it's something he can handle. He has come into a team that has been struggling so his expectations wouldn't be that high you'd think.

There have been a couple of stories where he has been bated by dickheads but he hasn't retaliated....Phil Gould had one this orning.

There was another one twitter where he was abused and he laughed it off...

The Enforcer

Juniors
Well given that he has already making improvements with his off-field behaviour I think it's something he can handle. He has come into a team that has been struggling so his expectations wouldn't be that high you'd think.

There have been a couple of stories where he has been bated by dickheads but he hasn't retaliated....Phil Gould had one this orning.

There was another one twitter where he was abused and he laughed it off...
Yeah mate i understand that however he is going to be trying his arse off at the moment to impress people and show that he has turned the corner. My concern is when he gets a little comfortable whether that be in a year or two. Fingers crossed.

possm

Coach
Dugan has been through a torrid time and I am sure now he can see how silly he has been and how social media is not the be all and end all. I hope Doust commences negotiations with his manager sooner rather than later.

Surely we don't want to allow the chance of another club singing him from under our nose. When the Broncos see Dugan killing em each week and still not signed long term, what do you think they will do?

Last edited:

The Enforcer

Juniors
Dugan has been through a torrid time and I am sure now he can see how silly he has been and how social media is not the be all and end all. I hope Doust commences negotiations with his manager sooner rather than later.

Surely we don't want the allow the chance of another club singing him from under our nose. When the Broncos see Dugan killing em each week and still not signed long term, what do you think they will do?
Brisbane may well cry themselves to sleep if and when Dugan comes out the other side, however Brisbane showed a moral, disciplined stand and good on them, remembering that we have only acquired Dugan by forfeit.

Elias1983

Coach
Yeah mate i understand that however he is going to be trying his arse off at the moment to impress people and show that he has turned the corner. My concern is when he gets a little comfortable whether that be in a year or two. Fingers crossed.

Yeh fair point.....

In the mean time i'll just enjoy watching score tries in that Big Red V.

TheRev

Coach
Dont stress about that stuff, enjoy the show.. there are no guarantees with any player, but a fit Dugan is essential to our chances as a club, too long we have been persisting with a very very average backline.

Meanwhile his shoulder was strapped in a photo last night, im hoping its not a new injury?

Minh

First Grade
Last night demonstrated that every good team needs a genuine superstar in their roster. Our 2010 champions were as close to a champion team as you could get but it could be argued that Boyd was our superstar.