What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Eels - Pearls of wisdom

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Some pearls from Chris Sandow after Saturday night. I Like the last one the best.

"It was disappointing but we are still working really hard," said Parramatta halfback Chris Sandow.

"We weren't expecting that (scoreline) but a few calls didn't go our way.

"Our defence was good but the scoreboard doesn't show that."

I hope they don't have too many bad defence days if getting walloped by 40 in a trial is what they class as good defence.

Deacon

First Grade
Whenever I think how bad my team might go this year, I think of Parramatta then I instantly I know there's someone worse of.

@MarTiger

Juniors
I've long said Ricky Stuart's overrated as a coach (a little long winded to add in this thread) and believe Stuart will falter here at the Eels. I don't believe Stuart will live up to the hype some have bestowed on him at the Eels. This is another Cronulla job that Stuart failed at and I believe he is short odds to see out his deal.

Diesel

Referee
Well said MarTiger, I can't believe that he is rated so highly and has achieved what? A premiership built on another coachs team (Murray) and then turned Easts into crap, had a good Cronulla side and turned them into cellar dwellers, talked up how good the NSW Blues were and lost a few series, but my favourite of all, lost the World Cup final with a near unbeatable team on home soil then bailed up the refs in the hotel lobby the next day and blamed them for the loss.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
It's almost worth taking my stalker off ignore just to see his response to this thread. Lol, prepare for abusive messages and constant stalking with incorrect football comments directed at you. Natheel is coming for you!

Packy

Bench
I think Stuart is suited to Orgin and one offs. I agree that he f**ks things up at club level.

natheel

Coach
Meh only a trial

Plus it's no secret sandow isn't the brightest spark. Seen the bloke on tv? Splatters and sputters to get a word out lol

But like I said only a trial. Not expecting huge things this year. Still got an average squad

Matchball

Bench
Meh only a trial

Plus it's no secret sandow isn't the brightest spark. Seen the bloke on tv? Splatters and sputters to get a word out lol

But like I said only a trial. Not expecting huge things this year. Still got an average squad

Meh. Smallest pack in the comp put 40 on your mob. If that's not got you worried a fortnight out from round 1 then you're deluded.

Spoon Stuart curse strikes again.

natheel

Coach
Meh. Smallest pack in the comp put 40 on your mob. If that's not got you worried a fortnight out from round 1 then you're deluded.

Spoon Stuart curse strikes again.

Canberra thrashed storm a week ago both had pretty even sides. Should storm be worried being reigning premiers and being belted in a trial?
Does this mean Tigers are going to be successful this year because they won a trial? No

Lets see how parra go in the season. What has me worried more is the fact out squad isn't that strong. I don't think we will get the spoon but we won't make the 8.

Last edited:

Diesel

Referee
Stuart is going to be one pissed off angry man (more than normal) by the time the round 26 post-match press conference comes along.

Someone

Bench
Well said MarTiger, I can't believe that he is rated so highly and has achieved what? A premiership built on another coachs team (Murray) and then turned Easts into crap, had a good Cronulla side and turned them into cellar dwellers, talked up how good the NSW Blues were and lost a few series, but my favourite of all, lost the World Cup final with a near unbeatable team on home soil then bailed up the refs in the hotel lobby the next day and blamed them for the loss.

and who do you support?

I think Stuart is suited to Orgin and one offs. I agree that he f**ks things up at club level.

This, he can fire a team up for a big game, but he can't build a decent side. I do think he gets a bit of a raw deal for what happened at Cronulla, a lot of what went wrong there was beyond his control (Bird losing his mind along with several other incidents from well before his tenure coming up).

Someone

Bench
the arguement about the roosters i can understand, it also his first gig, his second was with a flat broke cronulla side full of drongos, still got them to equal first in the first year.

its beyond me why people rip the poor bloke to pieces. live and let live.

Diesel

Referee
the arguement about the roosters i can understand, it also his first gig, his second was with a flat broke cronulla side full of drongos, still got them to equal first in the first year.

I guess we know who is Ricky Stuart on this forum now ;-P

Change drongos to second rowers and then it's pretty accurate.

Ricky is a halfback killer and back line murderer! But he just might change Sandow for the better and strengthen the Eels pack over the next couple of years.

Rebuilding time at the Eels so anyone taking shots at them should remember this.

Sphagnum

Coach
Sandow is a great spokesman. Almost as good as Barba, GI, Thurston, Lockyer etc

You don't even get red cordial and fairy bread for winning a trial. It's the worst formguide possible.

The Ricky Stuart hate is warranted though. He is a dead set dribbler, that clown.

Latest posts