What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The end of the road for 2013?

st.phil

Bench
I was at the Penrith game on Saturday and I was very interested to see up the back in the stand during the U20s game was Steve Price with Matthew Head, deep in discussion for most of the game. I hope they were talking halves.

They are close mates...

Gazzaw

Juniors
Probably talking greyhounds............Price seems moreinterested in his dishlickers then getting the Dragons back on track

TheRev

Coach
If Kyle wants to continue with an NRL career, I reckon he needs 12mths away from the game (after recovery) & try to let his body heal completely. Then have another go. Whether it be Dragons or somewhere else
Has he almost done that do you think? Best case hes back late season (12 mths out of game) or if he returns in 2014 thats 18mths, it all depends I guess how hard he is working in the off-season, but hopefully its all strength work?

Gazzaw

Juniors
If I were him, I would target 2014. Gives him a full off season getting fitter, stronger, hungrier & hopefully he can stay on the field

Elias1983

Coach
If I were him, I would target 2014. Gives him a full off season getting fitter, stronger, hungrier & hopefully he can stay on the field

It would have to be 2014 wouldn't it?

I know it's a knee recon but you would think he would be ready to go by this pre-season coming and would be able to get big one under his belt.

Gazzaw

Juniors
Yeh would think pre-season with minimal contact. He's on 22 if my memory is any good. Too young not to recup properly. Still has years on his side

Elias1983

Coach
Yeh would think pre-season with minimal contact. He's on 22 if my memory is any good. Too young not to recup properly. Still has years on his side

Minimal contact?

Maybe my expectations are a little too high..

I would think he would have a full pre-season in preparation for 2014..

Full as in full contact and the lot.

When did he have his operation? he would be at least be able to jog by now wouldn't he?

BennyV

Referee
He's been walking around at the games with no crutches or brace or anything...if he wanted to rush, he COULD be back this year but methinks that would be a mistake, better off going through the full recovery, having a full pre-season, then playing.

jenninga

First Grade
He's been walking around at the games with no crutches or brace or anything...if he wanted to rush, he COULD be back this year but methinks that would be a mistake, better off going through the full recovery, having a full pre-season, then slipping in the bathroom again.

TheRev

Coach
He's been walking around at the games with no crutches or brace or anything...if he wanted to rush, he COULD be back this year but methinks that would be a mistake, better off going through the full recovery, having a full pre-season, then playing.
Pretty sure the club will have his longterm interests in mind, hes not the sort of bloke you rush with his injury history.

Pre-season begins like 1-2 months after the season ends correct? So it will be soon, but they will customise his training I guess to what hes capable of..

It was the big step that did it last time, the first time he got the ball as a half and tried to change direction quickly.. I dont really understand the biology of knees, but hopefully you can focus on strengthening the muscles around your knee since that appears to be his issue.

BennyV

Referee
Pretty sure the club will have his longterm interests in mind, hes not the sort of bloke you rush with his injury history.

Pre-season begins like 1-2 months after the season ends correct? So it will be soon, but they will customise his training I guess to what hes capable of..

It was the big step that did it last time, the first time he got the ball as a half and tried to change direction quickly.. I dont really understand the biology of knees, but hopefully you can focus on strengthening the muscles around your knee since that appears to be his issue.

Yeah, to get it back to full strength takes a LOT of strength work - it's not really a surprise he re-did it simply by slipping over, ligaments dont fully heal the way bones do. However, it is still very possible for him to make a full recovery (a la Brett Stewart) if he builds and strengthens the muscle tissue around the joint, as well as working on his muscle memory to avoid the movements that are more likely to hurt it again...

twinkletoes

Juniors
I have only seen Stanley play a handful of first grade games and at the time he showed some potential...he was not by any means a superstar. When he returns next year he will not have played footy for almost 2 years, and will have had 3 knee reconstructions. We should not by any means consider or depend on him to be a major player in any position in our team for next year, when considering future recruitment. If he comes back and can start to play consistently at best he will be a player that might add some depth.

Cagey Mac

Bench
Yeah, to get it back to full strength takes a LOT of strength work - it's not really a surprise he re-did it simply by slipping over, ligaments dont fully heal the way bones do. However, it is still very possible for him to make a full recovery (a la Brett Stewart) if he builds and strengthens the muscle tissue around the joint, as well as working on his muscle memory to avoid the movements that are more likely to hurt it again...

You're right there. His quads will need loads of work
It's lateral movement that brings ACL's unstuck so it's not unexpected to see Kyle walking, even running but I wouldn't be trying any sidesteps for another 6-9 months and even then only with loads of rehab exercise

Old_Timer

Juniors
Well after tonights close loss to the dogs we are now 4 from 12.

Coach Price's winning record has reached new depths, just 25% for season 2013.

nrlnrl

First Grade
If I hear someone say Steve Price is a top bloke, well that sums it up - we need a coach

nice guys finish last and the Dragons are going to be in a fight to avoid that

Dragon Blood

Juniors
I cringe when watching............i'm actually embarrassed to have worn the red V after last week and tonight..........wholesale changes need to take effect straight away.....watching the way the Dragons are playing ATM ruins my weekends, therefore im going to stop watching

Old_Timer

Juniors
I want Price supporters to come on here and justify his performance. What did you see tonight that justifies his tenure. Surely there comes a time for reality to sink in.

ozbuck

Juniors
The 25% doesn't surprise me old timer.

We just haven't got the cattle this year - especially in the forwards!

Get over it. Sh*t happens.

The last 9 games of 2011 with Bennett we had a 25% win rate too.

So we're not that good this year and we're not going to make the top 8 - its not the end of the world mate!

Elias1983

Coach
I want Price supporters to come on here and justify his performance. What did you see tonight that justifies his tenure. Surely there comes a time for reality to sink in.

Very frustrating match....better effort but just no polish.