What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Farewell Fergo Thread

emjaycee

Coach
Love him for his attack or hate him for his defence, this guy came to us when we needed someone just like him.
A current SoO player when we signed him, one of our biggest signings in recent times and arguably the best winger in the comp when we grabbed his signature, I reckon his winning attitude was just what we needed at the time.
1632297530877.png 1632297544418.png
1632297676889.png

Thanks for the crazy, the acrobatics and the heartbreak Fergo, oh and thanks for some really cool tries to watch as well.

lucablight

First Grade
I didn’t really like him when he was at the Sharks because he came across as a bit of a tool but he became really likeable with his time at the Eels due to his passion and energy. He killed it in 2019 and I still remember him tearing up after we got hammered by the Storm in the semi final. You could tell the loss really hurt him. He struggled to score tries in 2020 but was still an integral part of getting our sets started through his valuable kick returns. I thought his defence was shakey this season but he could still score tries that not many other wingers could. He never made things look easy and always looked like he was injured but I will miss the guy. Whoever replaces him will have big shoes to fill.

crocodile

Bench
Was hoping they'd give him another year. A lot the so called defensive issues were being stranded 2 on 1. We need a salary sombrero.

eels_fan

First Grade
I didnt like him until he became an Eel.

His first season with us was terrific however and his metres from the backfield and finishing ability took us to a next level. He took a chance signing with us when we were the wooden spooners and he'd just won a premiership.

We'll certainly miss his carries and i think he bought a lot of belief, experience and good vibes/culture to the club.

All the best Fergo!

eel01s

Bench
He gave us exactly what we needed- good starts to our sets.

He did well for us, but it is the right decision not to re sign him.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Three seasons, was on the end of some good tries, and some good kick returns/initial hit-ups from our own half.

But defence was diabolical, and that's about it.

Gazzamatta

Coach
His first year was outstanding. He appeared to bring some much needed leadership to the team. Also appeared to be the sort of character every locker room needs.
Definitely the correct decision to let him go although if forced to make a choice Id have him every day over Sivo.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Thought he always gave his all in every game, particularly for tough carries.

Despite some schoolboy errors and defensive issues at times (most not his fault but some were) he was a great signing overall.

Dunster is his replacement , and he is coming along very nicely.

Wish Fergo the best

King-Gutho94

Coach
Yeah i have no doubt fergo's arrival in 2019 helped wash away the remains of 2018.

That first month fergo was in beast mode and got us off to a flying start that year which helped bring the confidence back into the group after a horrible 2018.

That game against the Dogs at Homebush in round 2 2019 was his best game no one was stopping fergo that day

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
FARE-
OIP.8yjK2W3hCnqOEVvHTY6yhgHaE8

hindy111

Post Whore
Maybe I am one of few who didn't see him as a real Eel. Unsure why. He has been at so many other clubs. He did give his all tho which was great. His first year here was awesome.

Latest posts