What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Fifa 10 Thread

cupid

Juniors
The Demo came out yesterday, If anyone hasn't realised.

Some improvements I have noticed are the players can mover more fluently, and have more range of motion, goalkeepers aren't superhuman anymore, they make mistakes and punch the ball away instead of somehow always jumping above everyone and claiming it.

The game defiantly feels more realistic and plays alot more like an actual football match.

BWNB

First Grade
The Demo came out yesterday, If anyone hasn't realised.

Some improvements I have noticed are the players can mover more fluently, and have more range of motion, goalkeepers aren't superhuman anymore, they make mistakes and punch the ball away instead of somehow always jumping above everyone and claiming it.

The game defiantly feels more realistic and plays alot more like an actual football match.

The keepers invincibility needed repair.
Where can i get the demo from?

Jono078

Referee
It's very different to 09. I'm still adjusting to it.

You have more control and therefore also have to actually try to defend good.

salivor

First Grade
I've been playing it quite a bit. I disagree with whoever said it plays quite different to 09. I think it's pretty similar, they've just improved all the little things from 09 that used to get a little irritating. Definitely worth purchasing.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
I've been playing it quite a bit. I disagree with whoever said it plays quite different to 09. I think it's pretty similar, they've just improved all the little things from 09 that used to get a little irritating.

Yeah I agree.

Can't really notice the 360 dribbling though, seems more like they've just made 16 directions instead of 8 like last year. Still plays well either way.

Can't wait, I hope somebody breaks street date like last year, 9 days is too long!

Storm4Ever

Juniors
just played earlier today , the the demo 2gb to download, there is a massive differance between Fifa 09 to fifa 10, Thanks i find out were

- passes are completely different to to 09
- Keeps get red card and send off ( i find really easily to do)

can't wait for the full Version

Last edited:

salivor

First Grade
Yeah I agree.

Can't really notice the 360 dribbling though, seems more like they've just made 16 directions instead of 8 like last year. Still plays well either way.

Can't wait, I hope somebody breaks street date like last year, 9 days is too long!

I really noticed the 360 dribbling when I first played it on easy mode. Once I tried the next 2 difficulties it played a lot more like 09 and wasn't as noticeable but I guess that's more due to having less time and space with the ball.

weststigerman

Juniors
I've been playing the demo quite a bit on ps3. Pretty impressed really. It is similar to fifa 09 but they've improved what needed to be improved.

I notice the 360 dribbling when you sprint away on a break, its much easier to get the striker to face the goal while sprinting.

Other things I noticed:
- It's now easier to score from free kicks, it was way too hard in fifa 09 IMO, now the ball curls even when taking a power free kick.
- Much harder to win headers, in 09 it was pretty easy to win them and usually the tallest player win, not so with fifa 10.

Although I wish they'd rate Messi higher, he gets pushed off the ball way too easily.

Hopefully you can edit players this time.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Got it today.

At this stage I've only played two games, but the major improvements :

* Dribbling - Fantastic. A LOT more control over the movement of the ball and direction of the player.

* Transfer season - Only a week or two into it, but so far it seems a lot better. All the in's and out's are displayed at the beginning of the new week, there is a player "interested in your club" % graph, using the wage, negotiator and bonuses as variables.

* Ability to edit a teams stadium (for those not using "real" stadiums) and stadium name.

* Kit number editing (finally).

* Set piece creator.