What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Final Winter - How Was It?

One of the folks affiliated with this flick was kind enough to PM me an invite to their preview a week or so ago.

Surprisingly enough, I declined as the commute was a little rugged from over here just to see a movie. If they'd thrown in a slab of Wrecker's I might have been tempted...

I take it, though, that some folks on this forum DID go along.

So, what was it like?

hrundi99

First Grade
I was there. I'm not sure what to think about it.

It was great to see the Jets getting so much exposure, but I guess I was expecting too much to see a sports film that was devoid of cliche.

Matt Johns was a bit wooden to start with but he wasn't bad overall.

John Jarratt was good as the CEO.

It was solid.

It was amusing to see many of the Jets "hangers-on" in the background, including our own Jeffles.

Jeffles

Bench
I couldn't make it that night but am glad I show up. Maybe I can now be cast in, "Extras" with Ricky Gervais.

spider

Coach
I was suprised - it never really dragged for me, which means i didnt get bored with it.

Bit more footy would have been good.

We spoke to the lead actor after the screening - he actually wrote it, and apparantly this was his first acting role.

Had some funny one liners in it - will be interesting to see what, if anything gets changed before its release.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
There was a technical glitch with about five minutes to go which contributed to a feeling of anticlimax imo. Everyone was given a critique to fill out and I suggested changing the end to include Grub's (main character) team winning and giving him and the coach (Johns) a final hurrah. Our host, Melissa, explained prior to running the film that it still has a way to go before they get to the final product.

Otherwise it was quite good and could be a minor hit imo.

The main actor has never acted before and wrote the script. He looks like Charles Bronson in his prime and I think we will see a lot more of him.

gunnamatta bay said:
There was a technical glitch with about five minutes to go which contributed to a feeling of anticlimax imo. Everyone was given a critique to fill out and I suggested changing the end to include Grub's (main character) team winning and giving him and the coach (Johns) a final hurrah. Our host, Melissa, explained prior to running the film that it still has a way to go before they get to the final product.

Otherwise it was quite good and could be a minor hit imo.

The main actor has never acted before and wrote the script. He looks like Charles Bronson in his prime and I think we will see a lot more of him.

Thanks for ruining it for us, arseclown. You are selling yourself short at 67.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Die-Hard p/t Jet Fan said:
Thanks for ruining it for us, arseclown. You are selling yourself short at 67.

What a moron. Check out the request in post no. 1 for our opinions of the 'preview". It was a f**king preview dickhead. What don't you understand about that? I gather you don't read film reviews either ya wanker. The sunday papers are full of them and give a pretty good indication whether a movie is worth seeing. Goose.