What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Finals-2024

since77

Juniors
I cannot believe I would love to see the Melbourne Storm win the GF, however I smell an upset.
Roosters v Panthers GF
Out of the 4 teams left I would be most upset if the Purple cheating scum won. Followed by the Shire Inbred Permanent Construction Site scum. Followed by the Bondi Financial Planners Salary Cap Sombrero Scum.
That leaves me just one team to "cheer" on. Go Penrith.

Dragon David

First Grade
Out of the 4 teams left I would be most upset if the Purple cheating scum won. Followed by the Shire Inbred Permanent Construction Site scum. Followed by the Bondi Financial Planners Salary Cap Sombrero Scum.
That leaves me just one team to "cheer" on. Go Penrith.
None of the teams remaining makes me feel I want that team to win. None.

Three are all scum as you have put them since77.

Now in the case of Penrith, while I also favour them, I want this year to be their last GF win and have a break. Winning 4 on the trot I would be happy with but then to win again in 2025 might become a little crazy which if they then take each year one at a time will whittle down our 11 straight - that can be done by them because they have their tried and tested systems - players will go like N Cleary, I Yeo, M Leota etc but solid replacements will come in. Have they lost their drive and winning spirit since they have lost Big nose Crichton or Kikau etc. etc. and a host of others over the past couple of years?

Whatever the outcome, may the best team win but not.....

since77

Juniors
None of the teams remaining makes me feel I want that team to win. None.

Three are all scum as you have put them since77.

Now in the case of Penrith, while I also favour them, I want this year to be their last GF win and have a break. Winning 4 on the trot I would be happy with but then to win again in 2025 might become a little crazy which if they then take each year one at a time will whittle down our 11 straight - that can be done by them because they have their tried and tested systems - players will go like N Cleary, I Yeo, M Leota etc but solid replacements will come in. Have they lost their drive and winning spirit since they have lost Big nose Crichton or Kikau etc. etc. and a host of others over the past couple of years?

Whatever the outcome, may the best team win but not.....
I think this is Penrith's last crack at it for a while. They've looked a bit vulnerable at various times this year but they rise to the occasion at finals time. They lose at least 2 key players at season's end and I think next year will finally bring them back to the field until the next crop of killer kids comes through.
And Penrith were my local team when I was young - for a while as a kid I attended more Penrith games than Dragons games because I could get in for free and it was close to home. So I have a heap of happy childhood memories at Penrith Park and a soft spot for the team that used to be battlers. They're the only team left that I can't find much of a reason to dislike. The other 3 are all genuinely scum.

blacksafake

First Grade
I think this is Penrith's last crack at it for a while. They've looked a bit vulnerable at various times this year but they rise to the occasion at finals time. They lose at least 2 key players at season's end and I think next year will finally bring them back to the field until the next crop of killer kids comes through.
And Penrith were my local team when I was young - for a while as a kid I attended more Penrith games than Dragons games because I could get in for free and it was close to home. So I have a heap of happy childhood memories at Penrith Park and a soft spot for the team that used to be battlers. They're the only team left that I can't find much of a reason to dislike. The other 3 are all genuinely scum.
I agree

Dragon David

First Grade
Yes, I thought you had a soft spot for the Panthers since77. You live and have lived in the Mountains area for yonks so I guess if I was you, I would have that same spot as well.

Good luck to them this year. My feeling is that they will beat the Sharks and the Roosters will just beat the Storm so it will be a Panthers/Roosters grand final 2024. Roosters unfortunately are the dark horse and I couldn't bear to see JWH wave his arms in the air with glee winning in his last game for the Cap rorters.

I cannot believe I would love to see the Melbourne Storm win the GF, however I smell an upset.
Roosters v Panthers GF
Storm v Roosters is the only chance of an upset this coming weekend.
Roosters tend to look very good when they are allowed a lot of space, especially around the ruck.
Melbourne will put a lot of pressure on the Rooster's halves.
As last night was also the last game at Allianz for a few of their more high profile players, I think it also helped to motivate them, as well as the bounce factor after the loss to the Panthers.
Still can only see a Panthers v Storm GF at this stage.

Sage63

Juniors
With you on that since77.
Saints have always been my number one team but I moved out to emu plains in 65 as a kid, and I remember seeing Penrith cop hidings consistently, for many years.
I reckon they deserve all they get; they've earned it; they've paid their dues!

Gareth67

First Grade
What in the hell was the idea behind having all of that bloody senseless music playing during the game ?

Was this the NRL’s idea , or the Rorters in an attempt to put the Sea Eagles of their game ? It was so damn loud that at times I was struggling to hear those idiots on the9 commentary team.

Sincerely hope that it is ceased for the future big matches ahead , I prefer listening to the crowd than the nonsensical crap that passes for music .

And another thing while I am at it , that first tackle by the Hargreaves was without doubt yet another forearm to the head of the poor sod whom attempted to tackle him and yet the ref took no action so as a result another Manly forward is all but knocked out in the very next tackle .

Full credit to the Sea Eagles for their determined defence , however with the early loss of 2 key forwards they were never going to hold out for long .

The Rorters attack was just too good and now they play the Storm in Melbourne next week . Who knows perhaps the Storm will have their own music blaring throughout the game ? 🤔

Last edited:

Draginzaaar

Bench
What in the hell was the idea behind having all of that bloody senseless music playing during the game ?

Was this the NRL’s idea , or the Rorters in an attempt to put the Sea Eagles of their game ? It was so damn loud that at times I was struggling to hear those idiots on the9 commentary team.

Sincerely hope that it is ceased for the future big matches ahead , I prefer listening to the crowd than the nonsensical crap that passes for music .

And another thing while I am at it , that first tackle by the Hargreaves was without doubt yet another forearm to the head of the poor sod whom attempted to tackle him and yet the ref took no action so as a result another Manly forward is all but knocked out in the very next tackle .

Full credit to the Sea Eagles for their determined defence , however with the early loss of 2 key forwards they were never going to hold out for long .

The Rorters attack was just too good and now they play the Storm in Melbourne next week . Who knows perhaps the Storm will have their own music blaring throughout the game ? 🤔
They lost a back and Jurbo passed his HIA.

Latest posts