What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show 2013

Dogs Of War

Coach
I'm hoping the falcon is gone cause the joke got old 15years ago.

If they got rid of Paul vautin I may start watching again.

Mr Twig

surprised with that. I wonder why he's not a part of League of their Own anymore. The Falcon has been on the show since its early days as a ''floater'', doing bits and pieces on the show, including League of their Own, and being the usual suspect of the shows pranks. Anyone know why he's goooone?

Brohman is now the presenter of this League of the Own segment.

He's also done the League of their own segment in the past. Falcon got a cameo tonight on Small Talk.

undertaker

Coach
Although I'm not a Sharks nor Eels supporter, I was very touched when they showed the Jon Mannah segment. I could see that Fatty was very keen to go to an ad break after the footage finished as I thought he was going to blubber. Although TFS has had more RL talk in the last year or so, I wish there were more quality pieces, such as interviews like last night (not that I'm hoping for anyone to die so they can do that sort of segment. That's not what I meant) rather than that rubbish hairshaving challenge and "I can't believe Beau's in my house". If they want comedy, they should get professional comedians on like they did in the early years with Carl Barron etc. rather than these crappy segments. Also, congratulations to the guy that won the $10k with that kick. From the moment it left his boot, I knew it was going right over the black dot.

I don't know about you folk who live in Sydney, but did anyone notice last night the numerous ads 2GB played of the Continuous Call Team during The Footy Show? It reminded me a lot of when Ch7 played a lot of Sydney Swans ads when they had The Matty Johns show. I find this absolutely no coincidence at all, especially since I don't ever recall ads of the CCT whenever I've watched Ch9 since I've been in Sydney (let alone, surprise surprise, during The Footy Show when there is a larger amount of RL ppl tuned into watching a certain tv program).

Maybe the CCT ratings have been down since Triple M came on board this year, since they now have to compete with Triple M on both Friday nights (where they broadcast the same match that is shown live by Ch9 into NW) and more importantly, their crucial Sunday afternoon coverage (although they call different games - 2GB doing 2pm and Triple M 3pm - their coverage that day overlaps as they both broadcast from 12-6pm). You've got to remember for so many years 2GB had the monopoly in that timeslot and now I hear a lot of people have taken a strong liking to Triple M's NRL coverage since it expanded this year.

Methinks this could be a somewhat desperate attempt by 2GB, given that their overall radio ratings have declined since Hadley was outed as a bully in the SMH last month.

Last edited:

STORM.99/07

Bench
What a joke.To win "The footy Show" with HARDLY any footy content.Who votes for them to win this award.the beau ryan segments are really sad.I was thinking after the first show this year that we would be lucky if they took this waste of tv time off the air...PLEASE.

undertaker

Coach
What a joke.To win "The footy Show" with HARDLY any footy content.Who votes for them to win this award.the beau ryan segments are really sad.I was thinking after the first show this year that we would be lucky if they took this waste of tv time off the air...PLEASE.

:clap:Well said!

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Footy Show must get a decent following in Melbourne.

Must be just me but everytime they win the comp or come close the Footy Show always wins it the following year.

STORM.99/07

Bench
Don`t blame their award on Melbourne Storm supporters.We don`t vote for them.could be beau`s mum who does all the voting

mightyboy

Juniors
We need the Footy Show boys to do a segment like this. Would be great to see Fatty and the Big Maarn running against one of the games fastest.

I emailed it to the footy show. If anyone else wants to throw their support behind it and email it too, we've got a better chance of making it happen.

Would be great to see...

[youtube]f8tYqT9GDd8[/youtube]

Latest posts