What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The forgotten man....

The unknown

Juniors
I thought he might be in for a rough night after he missed that tackle on Maumalo, but he recovered and turned around to score a try moments later. I also liked the kick Momo put in early for Hughes for Vunivalu's try in the second half. The way he linked up with Hughes, Papenhuyzen and Vunivalu made it look like he'd be doing it for years and those guys just gave the Warriors left edge no end of trouble.

I probably shouldn't get too carried away though, it was against the Warriors after all and they going through some rough stuff at the moment.

Yeah, I thought he had a rough first 10 mins but apart from that was pretty class.

15 runs for 187 meters, 7 tackle breaks 1 TA and 2 tries. Ok it was only the Warriors but Mbye could only dream of those stats

Gotta remember it was only his 1st game of the season too.

The Rosco

Bench
That's the way boys !
We have to keep talking him up so the media hype sort of equals that of Grant.
Will make the permanency of the swap deal just that little bit easier.
Good work. ;)

Tiger05

First Grade
I thought he might be in for a rough night after he missed that tackle on Maumalo, but he recovered and turned around to score a try moments later. I also liked the kick Momo put in early for Hughes for Vunivalu's try in the second half. The way he linked up with Hughes, Papenhuyzen and Vunivalu made it look like he'd be doing it for years and those guys just gave the Warriors left edge no end of trouble.

I probably shouldn't get too carried away though, it was against the Warriors after all and they going through some rough stuff at the moment.

He is a solid player and under the salary cap if you get him at a good price he is great value. He does heaps of things right. He just isn't explosive enough to be a top level player.

He runs good lines, defends well and can score a try as well.

I'd swap him a second for Mbye if we could get Mbyes contract off our books. A good trade would be Mbye for Grant and Momo.

Das Hassler

Bench
My point is that Momo + Grant > Mbye and the cost may be similar.

Ok...So you're hypothetically saying that if we had Grant and Momo here at the same time you would trade both for Mbye ( if he were elsewhere) ?
Really?
Or you're saying the opposite if viewed through a mirror. ..i'm confused but comfortably so.

Just to add...i don't mind Mbye but i don't believe he's as good or bad as some think he is

Last edited:

Tiger Ted

Bench
Ok...So you're hypothetically saying that if we had Grant and Momo here at the same time you would trade both for Mbye ( if he were elsewhere) ?
Really?
Or you're saying the opposite if viewed through a mirror. ..i'm confused but comfortably so.

Just to add...i don't mind Mbye but i don't believe he's as good or bad as some think he is
If I was running the club I’d b happy to take a massive haircut to offload Mbye.He offers us nothing both in attack & leadership.I have to emphasise what a diabolical decision by the coach to nominate him as captain.Momo is probably on 1/3 of his money & without being a world beater he is streets ahead of inertia.

Until this club severs ties with mediocrity like Mbye we will continue to b a laughing stock in the NRL & our prolonged absence from playing sept footy will continue.

Fordy20

Juniors
I'd swap him a second for Mbye if we could get Mbyes contract off our books. A good trade would be Mbye for Grant and Momo.

We get a lot of cap space back at the end of this year and while Packer and Reynolds are off contract next year, we are still on the hook for Mbye's big dollar contract until the end of 2022. I reckon we'd be happy to top up Mbye's contract if he went to the Storm. If we were able to lock in Grant on the back of that deal, that would be tremendous.

Tiger05

First Grade
Really?

I think Grant & Momo are worth a lot more to a team than Mbye is. I think Mbye is a pretty good player. I also think that Mbye is on a good contract and we could use that money better.

If we could get Grant and Momo for Mbye I'd take it. At the moment we have I think a better deal in that we have the 2 better players.

Tiger05

First Grade
We get a lot of cap space back at the end of this year and while Packer and Reynolds are off contract next year, we are still on the hook for Mbye's big dollar contract until the end of 2022. I reckon we'd be happy to top up Mbye's contract if he went to the Storm. If we were able to lock in Grant on the back of that deal, that would be tremendous.

Exactly.

simmo05

Bench
If I was running the club I’d b happy to take a massive haircut to offload Mbye.He offers us nothing both in attack & leadership.I have to emphasise what a diabolical decision by the coach to nominate him as captain.Momo is probably on 1/3 of his money & without being a world beater he is streets ahead of inertia.

Until this club severs ties with mediocrity like Mbye we will continue to b a laughing stock in the NRL & our prolonged absence from playing sept footy will continue.
Mbye is a spud. Momo is twice the player.

The unknown

Juniors
Interesting Robinson was more annoyed at losing Momo than he was at losing Matterson. Maybe if Momz persisted with the roosters he’d be a consistent starter there with a premiership to his name

Tigerm

First Grade
Interesting Robinson was more annoyed at losing Momo than he was at losing Matterson. Maybe if Momz persisted with the roosters he’d be a consistent starter there with a premiership to his name
Though Robbo would have spoken to him about things before he signed, I would expect.

WA Tiger

Bench
I think Grant & Momo are worth a lot more to a team than Mbye is. I think Mbye is a pretty good player. I also think that Mbye is on a good contract and we could use that money better.

If we could get Grant and Momo for Mbye I'd take it. At the moment we have I think a better deal in that we have the 2 better players.
We’d need to kill Mbye to get what Grant and Momo’s on, going by what Mr Inbetween gets ..prob still short

Last edited:

Choiboi

Juniors
Our boy played well for the storms tonight.
Scored another try getting around a couple of defenders.

BrotherJim05

Bench
I completely didn't realise Momo re-signed with us for two years. This is exactly the leverage we need to try to keep Grant.

I think a multi-trade deal could really benefit both clubs - We get Addo-Carr and Grant. They get Momo and Simpkin.

On paper this looks like a dumb deal for Storm, however, they are going to lose Addo-Carr anyway...much better they lose him to a team that isn't competing with them for a top 4 spot (yet). Even if Smith moves to halfback, and by some miracle they can 100% guarantee Grant would be first choice hooker, his asking salary will skyrocket. Having Grant + Cam Smith on the books would force Storm to start shedding players that they really can't afford to lose.

This deal would allow Storm to keep Cam Smith for at least another year, have a very very good third-string hooker in Stimpkin to start developing, and can continue with Momoroski who by all means could be their first choice right side centre for years to come.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
I completely didn't realise Momo re-signed with us for two years. This is exactly the leverage we need to try to keep Grant.

I think a multi-trade deal could really benefit both clubs - We get Addo-Carr and Grant. They get Momo and Simpkin.

On paper this looks like a dumb deal for Storm, however, they are going to lose Addo-Carr anyway...much better they lose him to a team that isn't competing with them for a top 4 spot (yet). Even if Smith moves to halfback, and by some miracle they can 100% guarantee Grant would be first choice hooker, his asking salary will skyrocket. Having Grant + Cam Smith on the books would force Storm to start shedding players that they really can't afford to lose.

This deal would allow Storm to keep Cam Smith for at least another year, have a very very good third-string hooker in Stimpkin to start developing, and can continue with Momoroski who by all means could be their first choice right side centre for years to come.
I want Harry as well, but I also want Momo back here, he is developing into a good player, but more importantly, he is a goal kicker which we need.
To me, I cannot understand why we haven’t a reliable GK here for the last many years, it has certainly cost us top 8 a few times.

WA Tiger

Bench
http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/moses-mbye/summary.html
Mbye has a strike rate of 76.92% for goal kicking while at the WT including what seems like a lot from out wide..So for every 10 attempts he slots more than 7 1/2 of them on average...So maybe in the top 6 of all time obviously it’s less attempts than the others but they do keep going over

compared with career strike rates of:
https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/03/20/who-is-the-greatest-goal-kicker-of-all-time/
...Thurston 79.5%...Darryl Halligan 79.3% who spent lots of post career goal kick coaching, Hazam Al Mazri 81.97% ..Andrew Johns 74.25% ..Jason Taylor 75.24%. Matthew Ridge 80.22%. Adam Reynolds 82.26%

Last edited: