What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Forum Sevens Management commitee

Mr BuLLdOgS

Juniors
When we left off before i think the main management consisted of myself willow and ozzie.

i think that should be 5 or 6 managers all together and if we al;ready have three i saw their should be nominations for the next 3 members, so we have people on the board that the forumsevens players have elected.

Alan Shore

First Grade
If I'm eligible then I'll definently put my hand up. I've been around this game since day one and know where things can go wrong. Particularly when the game was on Rleague I was highly vocal in the management and believe I have alot to offer.

Anonymous

Juniors
I'm all for it as long as there are no dumb titles like CEO or Executive. :roll:

Allocation of duties is pretty important. Once thats sorted out, discussion about direction will follow.

I'm still happy to sort out the referee roster as before.
Mystique has told me that she is keen to be a referee as soon as the comp is away and racing again.
broncoman has also said he will be a ref again. I think the other refs will put up their hands as well.

Seano

Juniors
will there still be a comittee like the old f7's where the captain were all a part of???

ozzie

Bench
that means I will do the stats, tables and the finish (and start?) of matches..

Anonymous

Juniors
Seano said:
will there still be a comittee like the old f7's where the captain were all a part of???

Probably... I reckon a delegate from each team could be selected...most likely the captain. We could have a forum where ideas are tossed around and decisions are made.
Easy to set up later on if thats what people want.

Mr BuLLdOgS

Juniors
there will be a place for captains or team representatives to meet and discuss issues, but in my original post i was referring to those of us who stepped up and took charge of the forum sevens when it was down for the count. We should always have a management committee of say 5 or 6 people that are here to decide on whats happening and keep things in charge, someone has to make the rules.

Anonymous

Juniors
Mr BuLLdOgS said:
there will be a place for captains or team representatives to meet and discuss issues, but in my original post i was referring to those of us who stepped up and took charge of the forum sevens when it was down for the count. We should always have a management committee of say 5 or 6 people that are here to decide on whats happening and keep things in charge, someone has to make the rules.

I think thats pretty much right. But imo, we should only have one management section for all. I think you'll find that over time, most will be happy to have just a handfull of people call the shots anyway. But it's my view that each team captain should at least have direct access to whats being said. IMO, it will remove any potential disputes.

It sounds like the best option is to have management comprised of the one rep from each team plus anyone who has been allocated a job or duty. It will be the same as before at the ish biz forums except now its we're making a real clean break.

The job/duties required include:
Posting the rounds: Mr Bulldogs
Referee rosters: Willow
Referees:Mystique, broncoman plus a few others TBA.
Stats including updating the comp ladder: Ozzie
Timekeeper who calls fulltime: Ozzie

There will other duties or jobs to be allocated as time goes on including players of the year awards, promotion and expansion.

Given what we had before and what's been said, this is what I propose:

A section put aside for management discussion only. Contributors to the management section should those with jobs to do plus one representative from each team. Referees will also have access.

If thats all in agreement, we will need to have a captain to nominate themselves or someone else from their team.

Mr BuLLdOgS

Juniors
Willow i dont want to sound like a dickhead or anything but you seem to have taken charge of the whole thing and are making decisions before i get to say a word. If i remember right i was the one who stood up at the old site, and i decided you would be a good person to help get it back up, but since we have been at leagueunlimited i seem to not get a say in anything. Im not fighting any of your decisions, i just think that maybe myself you and ozzie should get together on msn and discuss any further dicsions.

ParraMatt

Bench
I would be honoured to be involved with the Committee like i had done at Rleague and at the Hacker Site.

Anonymous

Juniors
Mr BuLLdOgS said:
Willow i dont want to sound like a dickhead or anything but you seem to have taken charge of the whole thing and are making decisions before i get to say a word. If i remember right i was the one who stood up at the old site, and i decided you would be a good person to help get it back up, but since we have been at leagueunlimited i seem to not get a say in anything. Im not fighting any of your decisions, i just think that maybe myself you and ozzie should get together on msn and discuss any further dicsions.

First and foremost, no one is denying your committment to this competition. You've done a tremendous job by sticking with the F7s.

But can you tell me is there a specific decision that you are concerned about?

Naturally, I have my view but I have never said, 'this is the end of the discussion'. On the contrary, I have been at pains to encourage other opinions.

I always act on what other people seem to want and only then after there seems to be a general consensus. I'm just the pack mule who gets things from point A to point B.

If I seem to have 'taken charge' of the whole thing then thats because a day hasn't gone pass that I've tried to do something to keep the comp going since it was butchered at rleague. I can assure you, its just a case of neccessity being the mother of invention.

I have always said that no one single person should run this comp and it should be done by those who are willing to put in the hard work. I for one will not be able to keep up the workload... I was a reluctant 'manager' from day one but quite frankly, I thought something had to done because I could see it all about to fall in a heap. I'm happy to say that it seems to be out of intensive care and the hard work hasn't been for nothing.

Once its all up and running, I have every intention of taking a smaller part in the in F7s management... if that makes you feel any better. I just think its a great concept that has never reached it full potential. IMO, the squabbles over who controls it are totally immaterial. There are some good people involved and we should be focussing on the positives.

This is the first that I've heard that you want yourself, ozzie and me to be in a meeting. If you want to organise a time then I'm all for it.

If that can't be done, there's always the email.

Mr BuLLdOgS

Juniors
im not against any of your decisions so far i think they are quiet good, but i jsut feel that im being left out these days. I know your part owner of leagueunlimited and all and your doing the best for the comp, but it was originally a joint venture between myself and yourself and we promised we would do our best to bring the game back to the fans. Just feel a bit left out these days. No biggie tho.

ozzie

Bench
I thought most of the ideas were partly yours and wilows from the old forum - the names haven't changed - just re hashing them - but am happy to join in any converation required..cheers

Anonymous

Juniors
No worries MB. I'm just trying to get things back to the way they were without fuss. Unless I'm getting messages to the contrary, it'll be full steam ahead.
As Ozzie said, in the main, we're just transferring the same ideas.
Now... giz a hug. 8) ;-)

Dragon Fanatic

Juniors
Willow, man i am so pro that idea. This is what has previously happened to our comp, ppl reckon they are king shit. So if we all run the 7's it would be awesome, and the least amount of squabbling would occur!

And i am on the management commitee.

The Backpacker

Juniors
I've slept on replying to this thread so I don't end up looking like a prize dickhead but it's going to happen anyway, so I may as well get it off my chest.

While I didn't play in the forum sevens last year, I was around in the off season games and when it, ultimately, all went to sh!t over there. I was around at the ishbiz site and I'm here. The sum total of what I have seen, is ego's. The battle for omnipotence astounds me and while some attempt at subtlety has been made, it's still plain for most to see.

It has appeared, right from the outset, that ego's are in desperate need of stroking. A new site, a new place to vie for power over the sevens. The sevens is about people. People who take the time to write articles every week, 10 days, fortnight - whatever. People who have a common interest. People who love Rugby League. People who have followed the game from site to site because they want to play, like the concept and, ultimately, just want to play the game.

Leaders are needed in any game - and Willow appears to be a natural leader because he's not displaying egomaniac tendencies, listens to what the people want and also asks for peoples opinions. This game has survived several upheavels and needs to reconstructed with a fair amount of 'kid gloves' approach. Willow has been doing this. He is one of a few that has worked behind the scenes without feeling the need to blow his own trumpet on occaisions and for that reason, I have no problems with him 'running' (for want of a better word) the game at present.

It's not necessarily the people who put their hands up for 'management' status that are necessarily the right people for the job. A case in point - and I'm sorry to use this person as an example - is Parramatt. He abuses the crap out of people and shows his immaturity in one thread and then volunteers for management in another. I'm sorry but this makes me nervous. I agree with Mr Bulldogs in that a comittee should be formed but let the little people speak on the 'whole' management comittee. instead of saying Willow, ozzie and Mr B should have three spots and another 2 or 3 decided on, make 5 positions, call for nominations, then set up a voting system through PM - so only sevens team members are voting - to someone who isn't part of the game. Maybe the Jolly green giant? Then, each team nominates a rep as well.

Us little people aren't stupid. We have sat and watched everything unfold. We know who we would want representing us. And for the record, I would vote for Willow, ozzie and Big Mick. My reasons being that they have conducted themselves publicly in the sevens with a certain amount of decorum and have proved willing to negotiate and mediate. (Well at least to the outside world anyway - I have to say I have no idea what went on in the management forums)

Anyway, thats my take on this whole thing.

Castration, tarring and feathering to begin immeadiately hereafter. :lol:

Green Eye

Juniors
Ho ho ho... I am the jolly green giant... :lol:

If you guys need a third party to sort out mgt issues I am happy to help.

I feel nothing so bribes do not work.. :D

Anonymous

Juniors
Ah right... thanks for the pitch Mr Backpacker.
The cheque's in the mail. ;-)

I should point out that I've never had anything to do with rleague nor did I want anything to do with it. I simply participated as team janitor in Moffo's Bluebag team.

I just thought the Forums 7s was a good idea and when it looked to be in danger of disintergrating, I figured I could help out... and things have developed on since then.

Eli the jolly green giant would be an excellent as the patron of the F7s and we could even put his name forward as GG - think about it.... a dictator as head of state. I'd vote for him. :lol:

Anyway, it looks like the F7s is making a comeback and given time, I'm absloutely certain it will be bigger and better than ever before. Let the games begin...