What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The frustration

K-Man

Bench
Same old story - line breaks, good go forward, determined defence against a quality side BUT stupid penalties, dropped balls at crucial times, bombed tries...... it's just so frustrating. We won that game for the Roosters with our mistakes in the second half, inviting them to put the dangerous kicks in. Percentage football with no knock-ons in the second half would've won that game.

At times we look like one of the best teams in the comp, but we just have so many problems with the little one percent-ers in the game.

Also our total inability to defuse kicks is a nightmare. Our defence very rarely lets through line-breaks, but we concede an outrageous number of penalties and tries from kicks that cost us matches.

I wish we could put in an 80 minute display, if we ever actually produce it then someone is going to be on the end of a hiding.

K-Man

Bench
We were the more dangerous side as usual. Those 2 Warriors losses just break my heart - I still believe they will end up costing us a place in the finals.

Bicey_18

Bench
That was the most biased call I have witnessed.... seemed like only one team played today according to commentators and referees

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
f**king hell. We could have won every single game this year and should have won atleast half the ones we lost. Same sh*t different day. nothing more really needs to be said. They are still gelling i suppose but why does a experinced player like Mcdougall through a stupid offload to someone not looking and then try and bump someone off instead of catching the god damn ball?

Bicey_18

Bench
If its not "Young Mitchell Pearce" its "Braith Anasta's kicking game"

The commentators are biased towards them because of Pearce, no doubt.

Rusty

Juniors
Mullen outplayed Pearce today IMO but I didn't hear Freeman talking up his chances of playing Origin as he was Pearce.

ashee9

Juniors
Totally agree with the freeman comments. Seems like every good thing the knights do is "lucky"

Bicey_18

Bench
Well if people are constantly saying the Roosters are one of the teams to beat .. we cant be much far behind all we need is a fair go by the refs and some control with the ball

Jono078

Referee
Very frustrated.

And yeah Gary Freeman is so stupid.

Mullen easily outplayed Pearce.

Oh and "Well constructed" :lol:..

K-Man

Bench
Yet again we made a few hundred more metres with the ball than the opposition.

In the general to and fro of the game we are a really good, genuine top 8 side. But we have absolutely no idea how to play a proper 80 minute game of football.

The entire pre-match speech could've been "don't drop it in our half, don't give away penalties, don't give them a chance to put bombs up".

That's seriously all we needed to do. It wouldn't be as frustrating if you knew that we were going to defend as well and be as committed in the matches against lesser opposition.

I can heear it now - "the Knights were on top for most of the match, but crucial errors from 2 ex Dragons - a Wes Naiqama dropped ball and penalty given by Chris Houston led to a last minute try to former Knight Kirk Reyndoldson".

K-Man

Bench
Well if people are constantly saying the Roosters are one of the teams to beat .. we cant be much far behind all we need is a fair go by the refs and some control with the ball

If only the NRL worked like that. But you have to get your 2 points when they are there for the taking, because the days are long gone when you could look at the draw and say "well we have beaten that side, and they have beaten all those sides, so we will probably beat them too....."

Basically close losses count for nothing. They never prove to be an indicator for a great win the following week or a run of good form. They are just 2 points gone begging and I honestly see no positives come out of good performances these days. The comp is just too up and down.

Apey

Staff member
The video ref was horrible for both teams imo. Their first one disallowed I agreed with, the second one with his knee on the line was a joke, and we clearly knocked it on before we scored our try.

In the end though, we just continually to throw the game away. Stupid errors are the worst thing, and we lack so much urgency. We never put pressure on teams when we are ahead, we never convert opportunities into points and it's becoming ridiculous. I can't believe I had to sit there at the game and watch that again and again. It was a great game and all, but why the f**k do we have to keep doing this to ourselves?

We should be on the top of the table with some of the games we have lost (Eels, Warriors x 2, Roosters)

cram

Bench
That was another frustrating day at the office, lucky I am much more relaxed these days other wise I would be filthy about now....

K-Man

Bench
We should be on the top of the table with some of the games we have lost (Eels, Warriors x 2, Roosters)

So true. It really hurts. I can't believe it when I see the Dragons in the top 6 - they have been so bad in some matches, started the season terribly, had some pathetically easy wins such as the Storm with no rep players etc..... there is absolutely no way in the world that the Dragons are anywhere near the side we are. Incredibly bitter pill to swallow.