What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The future of league...

Billythekid

First Grade
In-goal said:
The NRL needs to put measures in place to see all clubs lift their average attendences to around 20K within 3 years, it is very acheivable the AFL did this within a similar time frame.

Those holding the game back are the ones lobying for Kograh, Brookvale and Penrith. All clubs need to centralise and move into the best stadiums this inturn will help attract more female supporters and this flows on to children.

This isn't achievable. Not all Sydney clubs will be able to attract fans into the two big stadiums in Sydney. There is no way that a club like Penrith will be attracting 20K people to SFS within 3 years. I agree we need teams playing out of better stadiums but your plan won't work.

The only way we will see every team in Sydney averaging 20K+ anytime in the near future is by reducing the number of teams playing there which i just don't see happening. There are some teams in the comp who i just can't see reaching an average of 20K in the near future.

Also some teams don't need to move. I quite like Parra's stadium. I would like to see it upgraded but i don't think they necessarily need to move their home ground. Maybe for big blockbusters but that's about it.

Moffo

Referee
2-3 teams need to relocate out of sydney

being realistic and thinking about the best for the game, these teams should be:

Cronulla
Penrith
Souths/Tigers

Cheers,
Moffo

t-ba

Post Whore
Penrith? Wests?

No Way. Cover huge catchments.

Cronulla/Manly/Souths/Easts. Two of them and the Bears back on the CC.

macavity

Referee
Moffo said:
2-3 teams need to relocate out of sydney

being realistic and thinking about the best for the game, these teams should be:

Cronulla
Penrith
Souths/Tigers

Cheers,
Moffo

Bulldogs and Sharks

problem solved

greenhat

Juniors
Not meaning to sh*tstir, I've got no particular opinion on it, but
what does anyone think of sea eagles -> sunshine coast?

I remember it being tossed up a while ago

The Tank

Bench
Billythekid said:
This isn't achievable. Not all Sydney clubs will be able to attract fans into the two big stadiums in Sydney. There is no way that a club like Penrith will be attracting 20K people to SFS within 3 years. I agree we need teams playing out of better stadiums but your plan won't work.

Penrith would play at ANZ

Also some teams don't need to move. I quite like Parra's stadium. I would like to see it upgraded but i don't think they necessarily need to move their home ground. Maybe for big blockbusters but that's about it.

Parra's ground is the only decent small stadium.

T to the T

Juniors
In 10 years, 20 sides

Current +

WA Reds
CC Bears (There Bears must come back to sure up Sydney from AFL and union advances. While they are concentrating on West Sydney, why not attack the Swans with Norths back in the comp with a possible double swoop at flogball in Sydney)

Then after 5 years, and GC Titans are firmly entrenched:

2nd Brisbane
Wellington

In an ideal world, Wollongong/Illawarra would have their own side again and St. George and Cronulla become a strong joint entity for the south of Sydney (More logical and Nulla might actually win something. See I am from little old Wales and I know that the Sharks are sh*te!)

20 sides should do it however I'd also like to see in 10 years:

In the NSW Cup

2nd Melbourne/Country Victoria
Adelaide

In the Queensland Cup

2nd WA (Know I am pushing the boat out here, just hope that the Force start to flounder and League is getting there out West again)
Darwin
PNG (I can dream can't I?)

Give me half a billion Aussie $, don't know how much that is in real money but I could do a darn side better job than what's happening NRL HQ currently

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
greenhat said:
Not meaning to sh*tstir, I've got no particular opinion on it, but
what does anyone think of sea eagles -> sunshine coast?

I remember it being tossed up a while ago
They are just expanding their junior catchment area, not relocating there.

If they did relocate to QLD it'd be interesting because they aren't one of the Sydney teams that traditionally have a large following here.