What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The game is ripe for growth in Estonia

kris rebane

Juniors
Estonia.
Baltic/Scandinavian/Soviet hybrid nation.
Population 1.3 million

My country Eesti (Estonia) is become the next emerging economic hub of Europe. Skype, Transferwise, the list goes on.

Problem is, only sport here is bullshit soccer or the ski sports.

That is fine, but why is this suitable option for the people who are naturally tall and thicc? The bodies of the Estonian (70% population) and even the colonist Venemaa (30% population) are natural nuggetish build, prop forward, Terry Lamb type build but 6ft tall average.

How is this suitable for soccer just firstly?

Secondly, there is lots of Northern England and Australian people here. All the pub is owned by these people and there is small cult following on the TV. The bulldogs is popular in Tallinn because of Blue white and black colouring.

But where is the sport in the grassroot?

Our people have a war history and natural have GRUNT. This is not a pussy country. PLEASE do not confuse us with Sweden!

But without the natural outlet for the physical contact game, our people have been reduced to things like challenge each other to competition to drink Vodka and eat the glass it drink from.
And body charge each other from 50 m runup. first one knock out loses.

League must be here soon to stop this and I want to help.

My vision is establishing game in Tallinn, Parnu,Tartu. In ten years from tomorrow night i believe the national team will be as similar in nature to a low quality NRL team like the Titans Gold Coast. Perfect blend of growth of physicality and popularism, but realistic in teething issues. I would like to find NRL talent with heritage (like AFL Dane Rampie) to support players who is equal to ESL quality, and am realistic compete with Tonga, Samoa and better than shit team like New Guinea or Scotland.

If you look at Georgia in Union, they do this. The Estonian body is similar just blonde hair pale instead of black hair and olive skin. 1.3 Million people should do this. Hoping to stop getting belting 6-0 from Belgium in Soccer. Not meant for it.

And yes, absolutely future talent pipe for NRL.

Last edited:

some11

Referee
Another one for the ignore list.

mdSbVlg.png

langpark

First Grade
Estonia.
Population 1.3 million

My country Eesti (Estonia) is become the next emerging economic hub of Europe. Skype, Transferwise, the list goes on.

That is fine, but why is this suitable option for the people who are naturally tall and thicc? The bodies of the Estonian (70% population) and even the colonist Venemaa (30% population) are natural nuggetish build, prop forward, Terry Lamb type build but 6ft tall average.

Secondly, there is lots of Northern England and Australian people here. All the pub is owned by these people and there is small cult following on the TV. The bulldogs is popular in Tallinn because of Blue white and black colouring.

Our people have a war history and natural have GRUNT. This is not a pussy country. PLEASE do not confuse us with Sweden!

But without the natural outlet for the physical contact game, our people have been reduced to things like challenge each other to competition to drink Vodka and eat the glass it drink from.

My vision is establishing game in Tallinn, Parnu,Tartu. In ten years from tomorrow night i believe the national team will be as similar in nature to a low quality NRL team like the Titans Gold Coast. Perfect blend of growth of physicality and popularism, but realistic in teething issues. I would like to find NRL talent with heritage (like AFL Dane Rampie) to support players who is equal to ESL quality, and am realistic compete with Tonga, Samoa and better than shit team like New Guinea or Scotland.

If you look at Georgia in Union, they do this. The Estonian body is similar just blonde hair pale instead of black hair and olive skin. 1.3 Million people should do this. Hoping to stop getting belting 6-0 from Belgium in Soccer. Not meant for it.

If you are being serious about wanting to help, have you contacted anyone from RLEF yet?

Pommy

Coach
So ignoring the fact this is almost certainly a Troll I watched the World Cup final in a bar in Tallinn and the locals did enjoy it and had lots of questions and wanted to know where they could watch more.
I was only a tourist so have no idea if they ever managed to see anymore.

kris rebane

Juniors
I don't know, but contacting them would be a good start: https://www.rlef.eu.com/rlef/contacts

I seem to remember circa 2005 the Tallinn Tigers had a brief 'flirt' with rugby league. I just looked them up now though and it seems they are just rugby union now. I don't think a national Estonia team was ever assembled during that time.

This is a good idea.
Tallinn Tigers was good team but largely amateur old boys from anglophobe nation. Not ready to compete against pro at that time. But number 7 had good bomb ability.

___

Juniors
Estonia.
Population 1.3 million

Nice one, Nasheed!