What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Glass Half Full Thread

Eelementary

Post Whore
Well there was a bit to like about a performance today.

Sivo is a genuine NRL quality winger and can start to be used as a strike weapon.

MJ is not passed it and maybe good for a 1-2yr extension.

Same goes for Manu and Mannah.

Lane is an exceptional player.

Kafusi is going to be a beast by 2020. He will lead the pack.

We also are shown again that Moses and Gutherson are not great leaders and if either left are replaceable. I do not want our management to get swept up in a purple patch and ruin our squad by paying these guys overs. Gutherson is a loveable energetic character but unsure he worth 700k+ Moses will most likely always be rocks and Diamonds.
Aiden Seizer would be a solid replacement for Moses.

I also think it should be Takas last year. And if Tepai wants overs let him walk. A good player but lacks leadership and mongrel.

Keep in mind we do have Alvaro and both Browns to come back.

I was furious during the game, but that was my famous Croatian temper at work.

You speak sense.

I think we all forget sometimes that we have been missing Dylan Brown (a rookie, but our first choice 5/8), Nathan Brown (arguably, our pack leader), Manu Ma'u (hasn't played for a year or so, and was still a beast), and Daniel Alvaro (the unsung hero of our pack, imo).

I've calmed down, and while still disappointed at the effort in the first 40, the world goes on.

We has no ball in the first 40, so of course Moses didn't look great.

And I said a few weeks ago that we are a work in progress side; I believe we are a few years off being a genuine title threat.

We are getting closer, but still need some time.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Seriously - I like this thread.

Well done, fellas.

And I disagree with the comment about matching the Roosters for 20 minutes - I thought we matched them for 60 minutes, until their superior professionalism, fitness, and experience got them over the line late.

hindy111

Post Whore
Sorry Tooooks, the merkin either has a comprehension issue or wants attention.

I glad we beaten. To many guys going off half cooked cause we beat a few bottom 4 sides.We need reality before sign key players on overs.

Yes positives are we stole Sivo from Panthers. He would cost maybe 150k I reckon while there dopey management paid Mansour 500k. That's a possitive.
Lane we also got before he started playing well. I also said he is capable of origin level along with Tepai this season. Lane has gone up a level and not many better 2nd rowers in comp. He would be certainly the best value.
Tepai shown a bit but not consistent. If he can bring some it will be great.
Kafusi looks a weapon in making.
Stone can do a job.
And yes we missed Manu

jk13

First Grade
We got a home fortress
Salmon can handle nrl level and should only get better hopefully at centre
Kafusi looks good
Hindys a merkin

eel01s

Bench
Loving Kafusi, Mahoney and all the young guys in the team. They will only get better.

hindy111

Post Whore
We got a home fortress
Salmon can handle nrl level and should only get better hopefully at centre
Kafusi looks good
Hindys a merkin

Salmon should practise in Wenty at centre and if looks better then Hoff and Parry get a chance at Takas spot. I yet to see anything to suggest he is superior to anyone of those 3.

Bazal

Post Whore
Sorry Tooooks, the merkin either has a comprehension issue or wants attention.

mia-porque.jpg

Bazal

Post Whore
Anyway back on track, I thought we still looked quite good when we had an equal share of possession.

Our inexperience certainly showed at times and we panicked somewhat trying to chase points, especially trying with our kicks and some panic passes, but that comes with experience winning. We still looked good enough to win for a good chunk of the match. We actually made more line breaks.

Alvaro will come back in and strengthen the ruck, so I'm not overly worried about that as a fan given the players we had starting in the middle.

That game was a stumble, but with the players out and still to return it certainly wasn't a full-on fall.

Djay

Juniors
Seriously - I like this thread.

Well done, fellas.

And I disagree with the comment about matching the Roosters for 20 minutes - I thought we matched them for 60 minutes, until their superior professionalism, fitness, and experience got them over the line late.
Agreed, and considering what the Roosters have been doing to sides lately we nearly came the closest to beating them.

We gave them a good run for there money and made them work very hard for it, whilst showing plenty of positive signs for such a young team.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Agreed, and considering what the Roosters have been doing to sides lately we nearly came the closest to beating them.

We gave them a good run for there money and made them work very hard for it, whilst showing plenty of positive signs for such a young team.

Absolutely.

It was an even contest for most of the match, until the Chookies' superior fitness, professionalism, and experience took it up a gear or two, which we could not match.

I think we did ourselves very proud that night.

hindy111

Post Whore
Absolutely.

It was an even contest for most of the match, until the Chookies' superior fitness, professionalism, and experience took it up a gear or two, which we could not match.

I think we did ourselves very proud that night.

The thing is the Rooster took it up a notch when needed to. Come finals they will play 80mins at that high level not the last 20. Teams need to preserve energy. It is a long season.
We look better as a side but I still am unsure if we are a finals side or not. We need to improve as year goes on. To many times I watch BA coached side play at same level in rnd 26 as they did at rnd 1. Just failed to improve and get better.

Eelementary

Post Whore
The thing is the Rooster took it up a notch when needed to. Come finals they will play 80mins at that high level not the last 20. Teams need to preserve energy. It is a long season.
We look better as a side but I still am unsure if we are a finals side or not. We need to improve as year goes on. To many times I watch BA coached side play at same level in rnd 26 as they did at rnd 1. Just failed to improve and get better.

100%, mate. I totally agree.

But we are a fairly inexperienced side; I'm sure that, with more experience, we will improve.

We have quality in this side, make no mistake about it.

However, due largely to inexperience, the team will be inconsistent for a while.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Kick chase was terrible yet we won.
Kicking game average at best yet we won.
No Mannah yet we won.
Fergo still not 100% yet we won.
Evans only got 5 minutes when the game was already won.

Gronk

Staff member
Evans LOL. Even BA didn't want to use him.

I’m guessing that the glass half full version of your post is that we were going so well, the coach didn’t need to use his 17th man until very late in the game.

Tooooks

Bench
Eels v Dragons

1) Far from perfect but won comfortably.
2) Still have Mannah and the Browns to return.
3) Sivo continues to impress.
4) Another solid effort from M'au, only second game back.
5) Reed showing a nice kicking game and great dummy half service.
6) Oregon: 26 mins, 8 runs, 104m, 3 TB. So impressive for a bloke yet to turn 20.