What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Glass Half Full Thread

ash411

Bench
I don't think any other club has had a run of mediocrity as long as us
Sharks. Took them 49 years to win a comp, they have 3 Spoons Only 2 Minor Prems, If you ask me, a lot worse then us. Recency bias makes you think they are better, but historically, nah.

That’s good and all but I think it’s fairly obvious we have an issue with travelling long distance (our 2 away wins were at Penrith & ANZ). I reckon we’ve implemented “best practice”, but it’s not what’s actually best for our current players.

in hindsight maybe we would have been better spending the week in queensland after magic round and going straight to townsville rather than flying to and fro twice

Eelementary

Post Whore
Sharks. Took them 49 years to win a comp, they have 3 Spoons Only 2 Minor Prems, If you ask me, a lot worse then us. Recency bias makes you think they are better, but historically, nah.

Don't we hold the record for most spoons? Like, 11, or so?

T.S Quint

Coach
FFS, sure we are a laughing stock right now but doesn’t anyone remember what Souths were like during the 90s-00s?
They were ridiculously awful, and were even kicked out of the comp because of that.
There are multiple threads on this forum dedicated to how much of a laughing stock they were.
We are bad...but we’re not Souths bad.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
FFS, sure we are a laughing stock right now but doesn’t anyone remember what Souths were like during the 90s-00s?
They were ridiculously awful, and were even kicked out of the comp because of that.
There are multiple threads on this forum dedicated to how much of a laughing stock they were.
We are bad...but we’re not Souths bad.
Souths had an excuse they were almost broke. We have money and juniors and one of the biggest fan bases in the comp. There should be no excuses for why we we are so shit.

* Cue the apologist’s and but but but. buts.

Look at the Sharks for example f**k all money, f**k all fans and f**k all juniors but once again will be there at the pointy end of the season.

emjaycee

Coach
Souths had an excuse they were almost broke. We have money and juniors and one of the biggest fan bases in the comp. There should be no excuses for why we we are so shit.

Look at the Sharks for example f**k all money, f**k all fans and f**k all juniors but once again will be there at the pointy end of the season.
Yep - and in the last 5 years they have cheated the cap AND been caught using performance enhancing drugs AND had their coach banned twice AND had one of their players banned. We can probably aspire to be more like the Sharks but we probably need to resign Krazy Kenny Edwards first.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yep - and in the last 5 years they have cheated the cap AND been caught using performance enhancing drugs AND had their coach banned twice AND had one of their players banned. We can probably aspire to be more like the Sharks but we probably need to resign Krazy Kenny Edwards first.
And we didn’t cheat as well??? We use that an excuse for continual shitness.

They are in a much better place than we are as much as you want to think our club is going along swimmingly. It’s not.

84 Baby

Referee
And we didn’t cheat as well??? We use that an excuse for continual shitness.

They are in a much better place than we are as much as you want to think our club is going along swimmingly. It’s not.
It’s probably their better quality of fans

T.S Quint

Coach

Someone asked the question if there was any other team that’s ever been as bad as we are. I gave an answer. Nothing to do with excuses or whether a team should be that bad or not, just a simple answer that yes in fact another team has been as bad as us, and in fact worse.

Souths are now at the pointy end of the season more often than not, and how did they get there? They had a complete overhaul of their front office. It didn’t happen overnight, but eventually they got there. We can too if it’s done right.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Someone asked the question if there was any other team that’s ever been as bad as we are. I gave an answer. Nothing to do with excuses or whether a team should be that bad or not, just a simple answer that yes in fact another team has been as bad as us, and in fact worse.

Souths are now at the pointy end of the season more often than not, and how did they get there? They had a complete overhaul of their front office. It didn’t happen overnight, but eventually they got there. We can too if it’s done right.
We can Mate. Hopefully we do have the people in charge to get us back up to the pointy end of the comp.

We all live in hope.