What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

hardbaby

Coach
The Good:
* We are leading the comp
* Really pleased with the front row rotation
* De Belin had an excellent match
* Morris looked really sharp
* Lots more second phase play

The Bad:
* Fien - leaves his best performances for internationals
* Scott - he is a forward now
* Stanley - he's a juicy target

The Ugly:
* Cooper - limped off, ankle?

Father Ted

First Grade
The Good:
* We are leading the comp
* Really pleased with the front row rotation
* De Belin had an excellent match
* Merrin very effective
* Nightingale outstanding
* Soward hasn't collapsed without Bennett in fact has become a real leader
* we broke the sudden death hoodoo
* We don't have a petulant bitch playing centre
* Morris looked really sharp
* Lots more second phase play

The Bad:
* Fien - leaves his best performances for internationals
* Scott - he is a forward now
* Stanley - he's a juicy target

The Ugly:
* Cooper - limped off, ankle?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The fundamental handling errors were on the increase in the second half, and that allowed Newcastle back into the match. There were a few guilty of this - so no point singling anyone out.

IMO, we should have put them away by the 60th minute mark. We dominated the ruck, the best team by far.

As it turns out, Cooper might be injured because of the stoopid extra time rule.

Plenty of positives to take. The team looked so sharp early on, offloads were the order of the day. Confident and not afraid to chance their hand. This is Steve Price's influence. Merrin was a superb. Weyman still has it. Rein is the real deal. Soward's defence out wide was top shelf and he's landing them from out wide. Hornby chimed in beautifully when needed.

j0nesy

Bench
The good : Most of the young blokes played really well and we looked really sharp in the first half.

The bad : We outplayed Newcastle for most of the game and failed to put them away. We definitely faded approx. early in the second half.

The ugly: Cheap shot by Tahu on Prior. The little bloke with the big heart stepped up though.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Tahu is on report. They didn't show a good angle of it on TV. Looked like he might have kicked Prior in the groin. If it was just a knee going forward I doubt the ref would have put it on report. Either way, dumb stuff from Tahu. His team were in possession and threatening the line big time. Bennett has got his work cut out there.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
lol. Glass half empty v glass half full.

I prefer to say we'll be equal first.

j0nesy

Bench
I thought it was a cheeky little knee in the head, didnt really do much damage though. Nevertheless it wasn't a good look and was stoopid.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The defence throughout that set was magnificent. Tahu's dumbness overshadowed the scrambling. Maybe he was frustrated.

Shame we gave them another sniff in the next set.

hardbaby

Coach
There was some dumb shit in there. They should have put the game away earlier and also blew some prime field goal positions with poor handling.
But it was the first game, it was bloody wet, the refs were a bit "how's your father" and there was a fair amount of pressure.
They done good; played strong.

Breathingfire

Juniors
Anyone else notice Soward mouth the words "Yeah, that was a f**king good try" after Morris went over??? HAHAHA loved it!!!!!

TheRev

First Grade
haha the dive out of the in-goal was one of the moments you will never forget.

Breathingfire

Juniors
I think Sowie is the forgotten man in this victory. I thought he had a fine game. Very sound in defence. He made a great one on one tackle of wes in the first half. I thought his kicking in general play was very good. I liked the tactic of kicking the ball dead to nullify Uate and Boyd. I liked his pass for the Morris try. I liked his goal kicking and a field goal is never easy to kick. Well done Jamie!

That dive out of the ingoal was such a smart play.

also. cooper, whats his go?

he looked good. and is in 3 of my fantasy teams so no doubt he's out for the season or something stupid.

God-King Dean

Immortal
I hope Cooper's injury isn't long term. The thought of having Scott & Vidot/C Stanley in the centre at the same time is a nightmare.