What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Grand Final: Who are you supporting?

Who are you supporting in the 2012 Grand Final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

reanimate

Bench
Jets
Raiders
Storm

I just can't bring myself to support the Dogs, even though the Storm are a bunch of cheats. The Storm have actually been playing bizarrely cleanly the past few weeks, plus they're good for the game's expansion. I know a bunch of Victorian surfers who are incredibly glad they've got the Storm there. They all hate, or at the very least don't follow AFL (I don't know any surfers that do) and the Storm let them see live rugby league regularly.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Jesus some storm fans are thick. By being allowed to retain the 'big 3' :roll: Melbourne are in a better position to recruit players as their presence in the side is a big bargaining chip to entice established players and juniors to the club.

The fact that Will Chambers and Ryan Hoffman are back at this pack of cheats playing key roles is another Rort.

For the first time in my life I'll be hoping the bulldogs win.

Last edited:

Canard

Immortal
Jesus some storm fans are thick. By being allowed to retain the 'big 3' :roll: Melbourne are in a better position to recruit players as they're presence in the side is a big bargaining chip to entice established players and juniors to the club.

f**k I dont even support the Storm, but feel compelled to balance the massive Sydney bias these boards have.

Imagine the practicality of the NRL saying, this player and that player have to go?

At least the Storm had to release Inglis, a pretty handy player and one of the original "Big 3".

Who did the Doggies lose again?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
f**k I dont even support the Storm, but feel compelled to balance the massive Sydney bias these boards have.

Imagine the practicality of the NRL saying, this player and that player have to go?

At least the Storm had to release Inglis, a pretty handy player and one of the original "Big 3".

An attack on Melbourne's rorting isn't a defence of Canterbury's 2002 cheating. The NRL got it wrong with the bulldogs then, learnt a little bit from it but at the end of the day the fact that Melbourne only lost Inglis from the core group of players shows that they their punishment was not enough.

This is a franchise that by winning two competitions illegally denied players and fans from other clubs the chance to revel in the glory of a premiership. This is a franchise that has wrestled, grappled, chicken winged and leg roped it's way into contention. This is a franchise that denies that it did anything wrong and whose players have gone on record saying that they still feel that they won the competition in 2007 and 2009.

They are a despicable club and I hope they get flogged and Bellamy ends up crying again.

northwest9

Juniors

careful Canard, logical thought is frowned upon by many on here

Auckland4ever

Juniors
The style of play that Canterbury employ is great to watch, I'd like more sides in this comp to aspire to play the same way. So I'm all for a Dogs win. Well done to the Storm for once again making it to the end, they can be good to watch & are very good at what they do. However, the fewer Storm clones we have in this competition, the better, IMO.

Danny-Boy

Juniors
Glad to see this thread is focusing on the cheats vs cheats aspect. f**king low life super league scum. The 2 clubs that have brought this great game of ours down, they are both the very definition of pure greed and filth.......go the storm :crazy:

carcharias

Immortal
nope, but they have turnt those players over, and have rebuilt since then

Turnt ...turned them over?

90 % of that bulldogs team has probably retired .

The dogs lost I think Nigel Vagana the year after the salary cap.

The rest took some bullshit pay cut and then won the comp.

The storm have offloaded heaps more players than the dogs did.
If anything, the dogs Premiership title is way worse than if the storm win this one.

Both should have been booted out or had lengthy bans from the comp IMO.

Guzzler

Juniors
Glad to see this thread is focusing on the cheats vs cheats aspect. f**king low life super league scum. The 2 clubs that have brought this great game of ours down, they are both the very definition of pure greed and filth.......go the storm :crazy:

Best two teams in 2012 playing in the GF, One will win one will lose either way suck it up princess.

Evil_Mush

Juniors
As I mentioned in a previous poll, I've got a good mate who had money on each of Storm or Bulldogs to win the GF (with approx $150 & $200 returns respectively), so this is perfect final for him and if I watch it at a bar with him will get a free drink for sure!!!

Personally, I've been enjoying Doggies since following Krisnan's progress since being ditched by my lowly Warriors, so they have my support.
Also my bet on Eastwood to be Last Tryer Scorer last week that turned $3 into $90 still has a smile on my face (whereas my half/fulltime double bet involving Melbourne didn't come through), so my money will be on Doggies in some way, shape or form as well.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Out of interest, answering the question who did the Doggies lose:

Todd Polglase (hardly counts I know)
Travis Norton
Paul Rauhihi
Willie Talau
Nigel Vagana
Darren Smith
Steve Reardon
Gavin Lester

They all seem like very little in the way of player movement now and many of those would be laughed at and that's fine. But players did leave the club for 2003-04