What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Great LWOS revival

Benderparma

Juniors
There are a few lurkers and a few occasional hardcore posters who return every now and then. My question, firstly to Canadian Steve and Kier, but also to the other lurkers. It is is time to throw around a few ideas of how to kick start this community again.

Some random thoughts and ideas for discussion from the LWOS faithful on some ideas to bring back the forum from the dead.:

1. An away mission.I never went on one of these but I remember these from the early days when the members would talk league on foreign subjects, maybe one night a month or so LWOS could pick a site and our posters (all 3 of us:D) could make posts about LWOS and how good it is, maybe attracting someold time postersand newbiesback to this site.Maybe we could start with Rleague which i havent visited in agest but which was in many ways was the begining of this site and which i imagine would still be home to a fair few old time lWOS posters.

2. A firm Committment from each of our members to reviewthis site at leastonce a month and as well as to reply(whether it be abump or otherwise) to at least one old post, topost at least 3 newinteresting articles from somewhereelse on the web or posts.

3.What about a one off challenge to The Front Row. LWOS vs Front Row in a game of forums 7s right here slap bang in our own backyard.I know we only have threes, but there must be another 4 we could find. We could evenget a Special Guest Referee: Matt O (okay now i am getting a bit excited).

Anyone have any other ideas?

C

CanadianSteve

I wonder if a few more regulars would gradually come back, if they feel Front Row has gotten too big, as we do?

imported_kier

Juniors
I'm not keen on away missions myself (I always feel a bit rude!).

I'm more than happy to keep posting here though - especially now that people are replying :D

L

legend

Such a defeatist attitude there Steve.

I love LWOS but I really hate the format. It's so not user friendly and we still can't quote without a cut and paste!

C

CanadianSteve

Defeatist - never! LWOS shall rise again - someday.

Good to see you look in, Legend. When the forum's namesake checks in it's a big occasion. :D

L

legend

The Broncos and Steelers both lost today Steve, but I check with LWOS quite often to see who is posting but we have so much going on with the other sites it's hard to find the time to be everywhere at once.

C

CanadianSteve

I know.

Boy the Steelers are depressing me this year.

C

CanadianSteve

So Legend, how's the business end of TFR and Sports Unlimited going? Are you guys making any money yet? Are all the original partners still together?

Benderparma

Juniors
I like this format much better, because of the proper view all topics options and the awesome emoticans like :Dand
emthup.gif
. Anyone who doesnt like this format is
emcry.gif
emthdown.gif
and should post a bit more often and they would find there day would like
emhot.gif
emrainbow.gif